Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Bangkok report April 2018

Liked

Re: Bangkok report April 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Asia Traveler View Post
    Not sure if electronics work any more in my room.
    My bedside console was actually working all along, yet here was I thinking it must be broken as the staff kept knocking on the door. It turns out they were just ignoring the sign.

The satellite is down at the moment so no T.V. That's ok because I'm sick to death of hearing about Donald Trump and watching those panel "discussions" where everybody just shouts louder and louder in an attempt to talk over one another and be heard.

Overall, the facilities in the hotel are working well.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Despite my complaint, which is trivial in the grand scheme of things, the ladies will get a substantial tip before I leave on Saturday.
    Why limit it to "the ladies"? According to Oliver2 all hotel staff are poorly paid, so you should be tipping everyone, even the people you can't see such as the maintenance staff.

Liked

I dont tip hotel chamber maids but i do give them gifts by often just collecting clean towels and telling them they don't need to bother cleaning the room.

Liked

I am a great believer in the benefits accrued by tipping certain people in the service industry. I refer to those who you come into contact on a regular basis. That includes certain hotel staff and, of course, the guys I have fun with in the bars.

Deciding how much to tip is the problem. I want to be generous but not just hand out money hand over fist. I'm not a charity.

The three guys I meet every day at Golden Cock do quite well out of me, as does the bar. They know exactly how much they are going to get, and that they will have a regular income while I'm in town. The key for me is setting boundaries as far as tips are concerned and we all work within those boundaries. The boys know I'm not an endless money pit and so don't try it on. That allows us to relax and enjoy ourselves.

In return I get treated very well and even get the odd discount, which I refuse to accept, as it's silly for someone in my position to be on the receiving end of largesse from others who have less. But I appreciate the offer.

There are only three bars in Thailand where I have my regulars, who I've known over a number of years. So the boys never mention money or ask me to buy them things. (This is not always the case in other bars). If that were ever to happen it would result in a quick goodbye.

The other day we went out for dinner straight after our afternoon fun, and it was only in the restaurant that I realised I had not tipped my friend. Normally, a boy woukd say something - where's my tip? - before leaving the room but my guy said nothing. I apologised profusely but he just laughed it off and said I should have kept quiet because he also forgotten!

There have also been times when I haven't had the correct change for the boy's tip or, horror of horrors, I've discovered I didn't have enough money on me to pay the bill.

"No probrem. Later ok."

I've discovered what works best for me and the boys. It means I can enjoy the kind of fun denied me anywhere else.

On a different tack, last night was full of surprises.

The "young" guy who sits with me turned out not to be so young afterall. When he first joined the bar back in January someone in the bar told me they thought he was around 22. It turns out he's 29!

I thought he was just another Issan boy who moved to Bangkok to make money with his cock. Wrong! He showed me photos and videos of his work as a chef in a Japanese restaurant at the Sofitel Hotel! There he was on his chef's uniform, flipping prawns on the teppanyaki hotplate.

What on earth is he doing working in a sleazy gay bar, flopping his cock out for crusty old farang to play with? He's actually just taking a break from work as the long hours were doing him in. But he fully intends to go back to real work later.

One of the other guys is university educated and worked as a nurse. He's also taking a break and will go back to the job in the future.

Another surprise is, when I walked in the bar was in full party mode - with customers! One had opened a bottle of whisky and was surrounded by boys, and there were 3 more customers sitting at the bar 'singing" karaoke.

So my fun was rather muted. The boys had their equipment out and at the ready but I declined. So they sat there the whole night playing with themselves as we drank and chatted.

What's not to like?

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 5th, 2018), christianpfc (April 26th, 2018), Jellybean (April 5th, 2018), steveky (May 4th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What's not to like?
    One word - karaoke !

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 5th, 2018), steveky (May 4th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    One word - karaoke !
    Agreed!

But I never hear it. I'm otherwise occupied.

Liked

. . . Another surprise is, when I walked in the bar was in full party mode - with customers! One had opened a bottle of whisky and was surrounded by boys . . . So my fun was rather muted . . .
    Do you think that one of those customers who rained on your parade, a447, was another forum member who had a change of heart about the pleasures offered by the Golden Cock and decided to have a night off from raving at DJ Station?

The thought did cross my mind.

Liked

Yes, very possibly.

Last night it probably had more customers then Dreamboys! LOL

But true to form, my guys were not sitting with anyone; they waited for me to turn up.

Liked

Oh, dear! What have I done?

Have my reports on Golden Cock led to the increase in customers?

For years customers were few and far between - I was almost always the only one in the bar and had the guys to myself. No real need to lock the doors; I could be guaranteed of fun, fun, fun without the threat of interruption.

Last night there was one customer sitting in the bar when I entered around 10:30. He had opened a second bottle of whisky and was surrounded by boys. I've only ever sat on the same sofa over all these years and it's quite comfortable -it had my name on it, and probably some of my DNA, too! - but now I was relegated to one closer to the bar. And it's as hard as a rock.

One of my guys who I had chuck-wowed earlier in the day, left the customer and came over and sat with me. After a few drinks he wanted a repeat performance. I told him I was uncomfortable doing anything when there is someone else in the bar, but in the end I sat with my back to him and did the deed.

Unlike Eros, Golden Cock is quite a cosy bar and you are sitting in close proximity to others.

Earlier in the day it took at least 20 minutes for him to cum and last night was no different. I fact, my arm was about to fall off so I let him take matters into his own hands.

Then in walks another customer. And another. And with the whisky flowing freely and my guy settling in for yet another drinking session, the bar was in full party mode. The first customer then started the karaoke. Oh, dear! It was dreadful.

One o'clock came around very quickly. Time to close. But right at the last minute another customer came in and sat at the bar. I figured he'd be allowed one drink and then that would be it.

I got up to pay my bill and suddenly found myself in conversation with him. He was Russian and on his first trip to Asia. He had no idea where to go, how the off system works, etc, so I decided to order another drink and sit with him and give him a few tips.

They closed the doors and all the boys gathered around the bar. We were soon joined by two more customers, one a guy who works at the Tarntawan.

The Russian guy was really horny and decided he'd off my guy. How dare he! He's my guy!

In the end, he decided not to as he figured the boy was too drunk and probably couldn't get it up. But he'll be back to the bar tonight to off him.

By now it was 2:30. The manager was offering me free drinks, but I'd had enough. I left with the Russian.

On the way out he asked me where he could find a guy for the night. My only suggestion was to try the apps or wander up to Soi Twilight - he might find a free-lancer sitting on the stairs outside the bank. And then off to bed.

Have I shot myself in the foot?

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 26th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    Oh dear! What have I done.

.......I've only ever sat on the same sofa over all these years and it's quite comfortable -it had my name on it, and probably some of my DNA, too....

Have I shot myself in the foot?
    Dear Readers; I recently reported that the furniture in Golden Cock was filthy (ref post #23 in this very thread). a447 was quick deny any fault with his favored den of iniquity but now he has confirmed my observations to be true.