Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Bangkok report April 2018

Banned
    Liked

Re: Bangkok report April 2018

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    What it shows is that the light was lit up - I pressed the button on the bedside console before I turned the light off and went to sleep - yet they ignored it and knocked anyway.
    So maybe they're deliberately doing it because they DO remember you if no-one else has this experience?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dimsumbear View Post
    I hope it is not too rude to ask exactly how much golden cock would charge for a similar night? Precisely owning a private piece of heaven behind guarded doors for the evening? I have always wanted to try but got intimidated for how much would I have to pay afterwards lol
    Me too! Thanks for asking this question. But do the boys actively join in with each other as well, or is it all just focussed on the customer?

Liked

A personal request for a minute by minute account of a447s time in a.gogo bar with multiple boys from DavyJonesLocker. Its like all his birthdays have come at once. Maybe the boys did the same. Take it away a447.

Liked

Nirish wrote:

hence me wondering is it a change of policy perhaps - lets hope not !
    That did cross my mind, especially as I'm not the only one to report problems with the cleaners. Your comment may be apposite as I would not be so presumptuous as to think that everyone who has had a negative experience with the cleaners is a member of a gay forum where they could post their comments.

Maybe the hotel wants the cleaners to get the job done quickly and so decrease their working hours.

But I just think it's simply a case of the cleaners wanting to clean all the rooms on the same floor for their own convenience. Understandable.

The only other problem I have had with them over the years is that they sometimes forget to leave the two bottles of water, a bathmat (like yesterday) or a spare toilet roll - essential for our after the deed clean-up. But that's no big deal.

But not getting enough sleep, especially when I'm on holiday, is a big deal for me. I don't want to wander around all day half asleep.

But the cleaning ladies are very pleasant and I appreciate the yuk factor, having to clean up after our "activities." Mopping up cum and picking up used condoms with their bare hands is not something that would attract me to the job.

Everything else about the Tarntawan is fine, especially when you consider what you are paying. It's why I'm back again.

I just get the impression that the Thais think like Australians - that will do, close enough, she'll be right, no worries mate.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I hope guests are generous with tips. The wages of hotel staff are low and,s a447 says, the ones at Tarntawan are always so pleasant. He may be joking when he mentions the distressing aspects of attending to the needs of the more vulgar of tourists but I fear that such things actually happen.

Liked

And at the end of the day, I'm an old softee at heart.

Despite my complaint, which is trivial in the grand scheme of things, the ladies will get a substantial tip before I leave on Saturday.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I hope guests are generous with tips. The wages of hotel staff are low.
    Yet hotel staff in Thailand tend to stay on and on and on, quite loyally. Why is that? If wages are better in other occupations why don't they leave and go there?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Perhaps they have children to feed? Any suggestions for a young man/woman with basic education in the most expensive city in Thailand? My boyfriend tried work in both 711 and Big C; the pay was very poor (6000 bht per month- this was few years ago) and only just paid for his simple room and street-side food. He didn't have kids of course (thank heavens).
    People like a447 and I'm sure many others on this board may not be aware of it it but they are helping to buy school uniforms and other basics which working-class pay barely addresses by giving tips which are less than the price of a beer. The maids know it though. Perhaps that's why they are so kind to us, often beyond the call of duty.

9. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (April 4th, 2018)

Liked

Just checked out at Tartawan Surawong. No issues with cleaning staff but I had and used the door tag. Not sure if electronics work any more in my room. I tip cleaning staff daily 40B and they take very good care of me but I did have a corner suite as well.

Liked

Those maids working in hotels I believe are Thais with minimal formal education. As long as they are employed there's a certain amount of security for themselves.
    During my recent stay in Jomtian, I came across polite and efficient Myanmar nationals cleaning the rooms. Perhaps younger Thais can find better opportunities elsewhere.