Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Bangkok report April 2018

Liked

Re: Bangkok report April 2018

In the hotels I frequent, it is not "standard procedure" for cleaning staff to walk in when the customer is sleeping. Cleaning staff know which rooms are occupied and which are not.

At the Tarntawan there is no "Do not disturb" sign to hang on the door.

There is a push-button electronic "sign" outside the door but in all my years I've stayed here it has never worked.

The staff want me to fit into their schedule. Sorry, I'm paying so they fit into mine. The manager told me the staff are in attendance all day, so any time during the day should be ok.

I used to give them a generous tip, but anyone who knocks on the door at 9 am gets nothing.

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 2nd, 2018)

Liked

When I read your original post saying:

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    . . . and given that it was a Saturday night, the crowd was very disappointing . . .
    . . . When you are not working you lose track of the days, as you don't need to be anywhere on a specific day.

And as I retired early and haven't worked for years, I never know what day it is!

Apologies for the mistake.
    I must admit, a447, you had me doubting myself for one minute on Saturday morning until I checked my phone calendar. But as someone who was obliged to take early retirement, I do understand how it is possible, when not in work, to mix up your days, as one day merges easily into the next. These days, I look at an actual calendar and my phone calendar more than I ever did when I was in gainful employment.

4. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 2nd, 2018)

Liked

. . . Later in the evening I met up with two board members and we went out for dinner at Dicks. I don't know about them, but I had a great time chatting and listening to stories about the various paths they have taken in life. We all have a life story to tell and theirs were very interesting . . .
    It was a pleasure meeting you and the other forum member last night, a447. And glad we were able to re-set your body clock.

After the dinner, you may have noticed I took quite a fancy to some of the ‘Soi Twilight’ masseurs, as we exited from the soi. I really must get myself back there early next week and make the most of my remaining time in Thailand.

. . . But I decided to go to Golden Cock, where I can enjoy my own private show. After the last customer left, my friend locked the door and stood guard outside so that the fun could begin inside.

Six guys sat with me and it was drinks and cock all around . . . Oh dear, after handing out the well-deserved tips, I discovered that I didn't have enough money. How embarrassing! "No problem" - I could pay the rest tomorrow. But I wasn't having that so I went back to the hotel to get the rest. I like to settle my bills there and then . . .
    Blimey! One moment you are mild mannered Clark Kent, sitting enjoying an evening meal, engaging in polite conversation with two other forum members, then following a quick change in a telephone box and, violà, you are turned into Captain Australia wielding a rod of iron and taking on all cumers!

And I was glad to hear that like a true Lannister, you paid your debts.

6. User who gave Like to post:

steveky (April 30th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Since the OP has now figured out which day of the week it is and since it was Saturday night last night (but it was still March) I’ll provide a further report on my visit:

I started the evening on Soi 4 with a light meal at The Balcony. The Soi was as busy as ever with a continuous procession of humanity enjoying the scene. There was some sort of anniversary event on at Stranger Bar, which made it even busier than usual.

Moving on to Jupiter 2018, where the price at the door is still B300 and a second drink is just B150, it represents very good value and equivalent to ‘2-for-1’ pricing when compared to Soi Twilight bars. The show was up to the usual Jupiter quality with maybe 50 boys, all conforming to to the Jupiter standard with clean-cut athletic physiques, many of whom participate in the brilliantly choreographed dance numbers. The star of the show for me is #55 who does a fantastic solo performance of that old classic ‘The Stripper’ with amazing stage presence and an....err....outstanding finale!

I watched both shows at Jupiter but, feeling that the night was still young I headed over to Soi Twilight, which seemed quite busy at 12:00, and was persuaded to go upstairs to HotMale by the persistent but friendly barker, who I know well. The bar had about 20 customers and 20 boys on stage. I chatted with my favorite waiter and we were joined by Bon, a cute Lao boy who I also know well from previous visits. They put on a bit of a show at 12:30 with a bit of Coyote dancing thrown in.

We then headed over to Soi 2 which was heaving with party people and the air thick with cigarette smoke. We fought our way inside DJ for a breath of fresh air! After an hour of bumping and grinding on the dance floor and on the second floor which was busy with MBs, we flowed out onto the street at 2:00am when the music died. We then grabbed some snacks from the street vendors who are there to meet the needs of hundreds of hungry boys, before retiring to my hotel to satisfy a different hunger.

Another typical Saturday night in Silom: Eat, Sleep, Rave, repeat.

8. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 2nd, 2018), bobsaigon2 (April 1st, 2018), Jellybean (April 2nd, 2018), steveky (April 30th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

In the hotels I frequent, it is not "standard procedure" for cleaning staff to walk in when the customer is sleeping. Cleaning staff know which rooms are occupied and which are not.

I used to give them a generous tip, but anyone who knocks on the door at 9 am gets nothing.
    Well now frequent obviously you and I stay at a different class of hotel. And I never tip hotel staff. There's a well known definition about people who repeat the same action but expect a different result; perhaps you should choose a different hotel. I can recommend Le Meridien across the road.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post

Moving on to Jupiter 2018, The star of the show for me is #55 who does a fantastic solo performance of that old classic ‘The Stripper’ with amazing stage presence and an....err....outstanding finale!
    I am happy that you enjoyed Jupiter show.
    However for those reading your report and take notes for future visit to the bar, I would like to point out that the performer of the ‘The Stripper’ is #88 Aek, cute handsome faced boy with awesome six pack and ‘outstanding finale’ enormous erected cock.

#55 name is Arm who is taller than Aek does some brilliant shows too and is the most popular boy in Jupiter.

Incidentally #88 Aek is very popular with Asian female followers but the rumour says he flat out refuse to be offed by women saying ‘I am gay!’
    After rejected the offer of 10,000B for the off, one female customer cried “Why are you gay!?” lol

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJonesLocker View Post
    I can recommend Le Meridien across the road.

Le Meridien was at its best in 2016 when they had an exceptionally helpful and handsome tall Dutch trainee on reception who was on placement from a European Hotel Management School. He was always immaculately dressed in a dark suit which failed to disguise that his corporate hospitality skills were not his only exceptional asset. He would always look you in the face with a warm welcome as you entered the lobby and it was a struggle to look him back in the face without glancing downwards at the tantalising outline that could be clearly seen below. I’m sure he will go far in his hotel management career - he was a real talent.

12. 5 Users gave Like to post:

DaveyJonesLocker (April 2nd, 2018), francois (April 1st, 2018), ggobob (April 5th, 2018), splinter1949 (April 4th, 2018), steveky (April 30th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Blimey! One moment you are mild mannered Clark Kent,....... engaging in polite conversation..
    Well, that's how I am in the bar, too. The only difference is, I haven't got a clue what they're saying!

14. User who gave Like to post:

DaveyJonesLocker (April 2nd, 2018)

Liked

It seems that the Vietnamese boys in soi Twilight have departed to be replaced with Burmese boy. One was mightily impressed that I could name three cities in Burma. I should have offed him.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I fail to underatand your problems with the cleaners at the Tarntawan.

I stayed there twice this year and had absolutely no problems whatsoever. I slept in two or three times due to late finishes/ jet lag and merely hanged the sign on the door and used the electronic selector next to the bed...”do not clean room”.

I was never disturbed and on some of the days they didn’t appear at all as I was in bed all afternoon. Just as I wanted.

17. User who gave Like to post:

DaveyJonesLocker (April 2nd, 2018)