List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A lesson from the straight world....

Liked

A lesson from the straight world....

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...rom-me/?page=1

As one of the posters on the Thai Visa forum says:

"
    It happens all the time, guys lose everything to parasites and family
    ...."

Liked

Re: A lesson from the straight world....

I hope he made sure there was no insurance on the property.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I hope he made sure there was no insurance on the property.
    Good point goji. One can only wonder what sort of hell the poor man was put through by the family to come to the conclusion that the only way out was to burn down his house, vehicle and motorcycle and then to hang himself. What a truly horrific story. May the poor guy rest in peace.

The news article has reminded me of a trip I made up to Chiang Mai many years ago, when I attended a 6 week Thai language course. A straight male, fellow student recommended I read Private Dancer by Stephen Leather. I've mentioned this book a couple of times on the forum, but it's worth advocating again. It's about straight guys coming to Thailand and falling in love with Thai girls on the go-go bar scene. While it's about females, it is still highly relevant for gay readers, as it provides some very good and sometimes, tragic, storylines about what happens when some foreigners fall in love with a prostitute and lose all sense of proportion.

There was a marvellous and particularly apt line in the book, something like, "On arriving in Thailand they [the foreigners] check in their brains at the airport and start thinking with their dicks."

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 31st, 2018), goji (March 31st, 2018), ktq (May 31st, 2020), Robby (March 31st, 2018)

Liked

On arriving in Thailand they [the foreigners] check in their brains at the airport and start thinking with their dicks.
    Guilty as charged!

Lol

6. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 31st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Good point goji.

There was a marvellous and particularly apt line in the book, something like, "On arriving in Thailand they [the foreigners] check in their brains at the airport and start thinking with their dicks."
    About 5-6 years ago I spent the good part of the summer in Thailand. I was hanging out in Sunee plaza and met a younger guy who had fallen for a go go boy. The go go boy (at first) was nice to the farang and took his money for short term. However, the farang fell in love with the go go boy and started chasing (stalking) the go go boy. The go go boy basically took the farang for as much money as he could..and then I think the go go boy got either disgusted or became afraid of the farang. Toward the end of the summer the farang was desperately calling the go go boy crying and professing love..etc..
    It was sad to watch. The farang seemed to be a bit of loser back home so maybe this was his first taste of love?

I think I have a somewhat realistic view. Some of the go go boys are OK and can be trusted in small ways. But many if not most are emotionally children and subject to emotional thinking and acting on emotion and not thinking.

Over the years I have met a couple of guys that I meet up with on a regular basis and might even consider something long term if I moved to thailand (after divorcing my current spouse - LOL). But it would be the acme of stupidity to marry or try to carry on a long term relationship with most bar boys or girls.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

8. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 1st, 2018), bobsaigon2 (April 1st, 2018), dinagam (April 1st, 2018), Jellybean (April 1st, 2018), ktq (May 31st, 2020), snotface (April 1st, 2018), splinter1949 (April 1st, 2018), TaoR (April 3rd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    Some of the go go boys are OK and can be trusted in small ways. But many if not most are emotionally children and subject to emotional thinking and acting on emotion and not thinking.
    this conclusion is obviously not based on the anecdote preceding it

bkkguy

Liked

I regret reading the Private Dancer as it bursts my romantic bubble and never look at the boys the same anymore. Sometimes you lose all the fun knowing too much of the sad truth. My heart goes to those who hang on to the fantasy too tight and eventually hang himself literally. One must remember this is the adult Disneyland: we enjoy the facilities even knowing everything is staged and fake; but we can’t stay inside forever.

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 3rd, 2018), ktq (May 31st, 2020), Moses (April 4th, 2018)

Liked

Dimsumbear is right and many of the boys stories are very sad, Thailand is after all, still a third world country in many parts. However that doesn't mean you can't have a pleasant time with them that isn't unpleasant for them. Its also heartening to see how so many of the boys forge strong friendships with each other and if successful build relatively comfortable lives.

13. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (April 3rd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    this conclusion is obviously not based on the anecdote preceding it

bkkguy
    My posting was mostly stream of consciousness and not intended to be internally logically consistent.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

DaveyJonesLocker (April 3rd, 2018), francois (April 4th, 2018)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    My posting was mostly stream of consciousness and not intended to be internally logically consistent.
    I thought that was quite evident from several of your posts recently and I'm surprised bkkguy can't see that.