Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A lesson from the straight world....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: A lesson from the straight world....

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Yet it is one we hear so often.

There was a documentary series broadcast in Australia last year about Aussies who get into trouble in Thailand. And it was the same story, over and over again - bar girls dragging guys into their trap (so to speak), taking all their money and then dumping them. They had lost their life savings.

There was one story about a girl who demanded her boyfriend buy her parents a house in Issan. As he suspected she was also fucking other farang, he refused so she stole his passport and demanded 100,000 baht to return it.

He went to the police, who found the girl and then demanded he pay her the money!

I wonder what their take was.
    I am a chatter upper which means I like to talk to people about their lives. Shop owners..store clerks..my administrative assistants..my students..etc.
    Mostly it is because I am intensely interested in the stories of people...everyone has a story..often boring and or just prosaic. But everyone has a story and it honors our common humanity by at least pretending to be interested.

I chat up farangs in thailand and I have met quite a few farang who have thai partners..spouses..wives..or boyfriends who settled down and made lives for themselves in thailand. What the ratio is of success to failure?? I have no idea..but I suspect that there are more failures. More bar girls/boys and transient customers who cycle through buying sex and falling for the illusion of that they have found love or found something more than a commercial transaction.

A friend and I joked that the bar boys/girls motto was "I love you short time forever as long as you pay".
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (April 7th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Re: A lesson from the straight world....

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    I... by at least pretending to be interested.
    Yes!