Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Na Jomtien - Same as Jomtien?

Liked

Na Jomtien - Same as Jomtien?

Hey all you Pattaya friends. My husband and I are looking at a condo in Pattaya, but we are not that familiar with the area. It is Na Jomtien. Now, is this the same as Jomtien Beach, or is it further down the coast a bit? I know it is next to the Ocean Marina, and about 12KM from Beach Road in Central Pattaya. Any advice? We like the idea of being in a quieter area, yet only a 20 baht sung taow (spelling - I know) ride away from the city - but, we don't want it to be dead either. Looking at is as a place to go for 2 weeks or so at a time as a change from our home in Khon Kaen. Any advice appreciated as always.

Liked

Re: Na Jomtien - Same as Jomtien?

Also - at the risk of starting yet another thread - Can someone tell the name of the Pattaya taxi service that does Suvhanbum airport pickups? Ideally, we would want the driver to stay with us for a few hours on arrival as well before heading to the hotel. It has been a few years since I used them and I can't remember for the life of me the name - Thanks in advance.

Liked

I suspect there's several but I have used PT Taxis

4. User who gave Like to post:

kkjason (April 6th, 2018)

Liked

Na Jomtien is the south part of Jomtien beach and is pretty remote.... The beach at that end is practically non existent due to coastal erosion and the road is quite narrow.
    Unless you had your own transportation I would forget about it as you don't tend to find many Songtaews traveling that far south (except private hires), those that do travel that far will be infrequent
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 3rd, 2018)

Liked

Hi Jason.
    I wouldn't stay in Na Jomtien. Its miles from anywhere and there's very little there. It could also take you a long long time to even get to Jomtien, let alone Pattaya because the huge restaurants located there get very full and the traffic can be gridlocked. Add in the tour buses that can block the road for 20 minutes and even on a motorbike the journey along Jomtien Beach Road can take 30 minutes or more.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (March 29th, 2018), llz (March 31st, 2018)

Liked

Great information Colmz and Arsenal - Much appreciated.

Liked

Yeah, forget about Na Jomtien. For your purposes you might consider the new condos on Jomtien Second Road across from Jomtien Beach Road soi 9.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I suspect there's several but I have used PT Taxis
    Thanks for this recommendation! I called PT Taxi and booked directly over the phone. The guy was ready and waiting for us on Saturday, was incredibly HOT to boot, which as an added bonus, and drove us around as needed. He got along great with my husband and gave some great insight to the area. We came back without a condo, but are heading back on Monday to look again - will be using them again. Thanks again -