Liked

Re: Cuba update?

PM sent

Liked: 1

Thanks matey!

Liked

Somebody can give an update or PM to find a good casa particular in Havana where it's possible to receive a cuban friend?
    Thanks!

Liked

PM sent

Forum's veteran
    Liked

can one pay with western credit cars? Are we able to withdraw local cash witrh a credit card? Have read that cash is best but am a bit reluctant to bring large amounts of hard currency.

Liked

cash is king. But at the moment things are changing

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ok, if u dont mind elaborating as to how they are changing. Were u able to go into a bank and access local cash with your credit card? If one has cash where would one get the best rate as I believe there is a huge gap between the official and street rates.
    Lastly, could you recommend a casa particular you stayed at ?
    Potentially planning a 1 week trip in April, tagging it onto a biz trip to the US.

Liked

paperboy, can I ask you, is it difficult to find bottoms there? From what I've read ....I hope it's wrong....in Latin countries the guys are " machismo " ...not my type at all. Fem pretty boys would suit me.
    It has always been Thailand for me for many years...but I could do with a change if I could find a suitable country.

Liked

plenty plenty plenty bottoms, dont worry about that.
    The best place to stay is around the vedado area. DONT stay in a hotel, you will find it expensive or impossible to take anyone back. Rent from airbnb. The bit of advise is take after shave, cloths chocolates and thingfs to give away or swap for sex. You have to remember they have nothingh, andf if you give them money, they can not buy anything. If you have any old cell phones take them too. I will be back in june for 6 weeks, first time in 20 years since i was a teen ager iam not going to SE Asia. Seems to be more fun in Cuba and Brazil at the momnt. Prob will go to vietnam for xmass

Liked

ohh the money question, you can only change your money in 2 places, banks or Cambois, same rate everywhere. The thing is, cuba has 2 currencies, peso and CUC. the cuc is what we use, but they are sugesting to stop it and only have peso and tourist can use there own, Dollars. euros or pounds, it will never work. Best place where i change my money is in the Hotel National they have a cambois there and the Pina collada is lovely. You can use cash or cards, no problems