Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: JaeJook Restaurant

Liked

JaeJook Restaurant

I'd forgotten to post this until a nice chat with Sir Lonely reminded me. JaeJook seafood restaurant is located down in Bang Saray. Always a pleasure from the minute you walk in until the minute you leave although on ocassions service can be a little haphazard. This particular visit I had the sweet and sour prawns (perhaps my dish of choice if I'm ever facing Old Sparky) Greens with salted dried mackerel is a slap of salty unami flavour and together with the sweet and sour is delicious. Crab fried rice was generously plied with fresh crab and was wonderfully aromatic. A huge selection of ice creams and sorbet is available for dessert. The photos below show how lovely it is down there and is probably one reason why those lucky enough to live in Pattaya are always so cheerful. Why wouldn't you be with this on your doorstep. Happy dining.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. 5 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (March 22nd, 2018), francois (March 22nd, 2018), Jellybean (March 22nd, 2018), poshglasgow (March 24th, 2018), TaoR (March 24th, 2018)

Liked

Re: JaeJook Restaurant

Is the garcon during jour in hiding?

Liked

Sounds OK. Been to Ban Saray a few times and always a pleasure.
    But: Thai food with ice cream -- much less sorbet -- for dessert? Just the thought is god awful. YUK YUK and more YUKs, no compute.
    The armbience regarding sunsets there works well, if nothing else they take away the nastiness of watching ones friends attempting to chow down on sorbet after a delicious Penang Goong.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    if nothing else they take away the nastiness of watching ones friends attempting to chow down on sorbet after a delicious Penang Goong.
    It's pa-naeng kung, Smiles.

There's a branch of Jae Jook in north Pattaya, next to the Tesco Lotus.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    It's pa-naeng kung, Smiles.
    Yeh yeh I know. It's phonetics mate, just phonetics. Kind of like the restaurant: "Je Juk (or Jae Jook)".

Or like yourself: "eh narl" for "anal".
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Sglad. The one next to Tesco Lotus doesn't come with the stunning sunset neither does it come with the handsome Cambodian fishing boys on the boats having a wash n their underwear.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Yeh yeh I know. It's phonetics mate, just phonetics.
    It's not just phonetics as pa-naeng and penang sound quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Sglad. The one next to Tesco Lotus doesn't come with the stunning sunset neither does it come with the handsome Cambodian fishing boys on the boats having a wash n their underwear.
    I'm sure the setting of the branch on the beach is amazing but have you been to the one in North Pattaya? Is the food of similar standard to the one in Bang Saray? I'm asking because the average two-night, three-day Singaporean visitor to Pattaya might not have the time to go to the one in Bang Saray.

Liked

Sorry SGlad I don't know. For me the motorbike ride down to BS and back is part of the pleasure.