Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Plot Thickens.

Liked

Re: The Plot Thickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    ..Not many UK tax dodgers are aware that the United Kingdom has Double Taxation Treaties with countries such as Thailand and Vietnam. So any attempts by them to squirrel away their untaxed or ill-gotten income and gains in foreign businesses or property are automatically reported back to the UK tax authorities...
    Well that has hardly been effective over the years has it - considering that at one time (maybe even still, if he's not dead) maybe half of BT was owned by a very shadowy figure whom (as a matter of record) UK HMRC were vigorously pursing for decades, to absolutely no result.

For the avoidance of doubt, the person to whom I refer is not Scottish and probably 90% of you will never have heard of him.

In fact Mr Jellybean - can you name anybody who has been apprehended under these laws and treaties?

Liked

On the contrary scottish-guy, the exchange of information provisions in the Double Taxation Treaties are very effective. My former colleagues and I used them on a weekly basis. We requested information and documents from many foreign tax authorities and, in turn, we supplied information and documents to our colleagues in other countries.

Many tax enquiries are started on the basis of information and documents received or during the course of many enquiries, assistance was sought from foreign tax authorities. Not all taxpayers under enquiry are “apprehended”, the vast majority of tax enquiries in the UK are settled confidentially by negotiation without recourse to the courts, using civil powers to recover back taxes up to 20 years, levy penalties up to 100% of the tax lost and charge interest from the point the original tax should have been paid.

And, no, I cannot and would not name or comment on any individuals. As mentioned on another topic last year, I signed the Official Secrets Acts on taking up office and owe a lifelong duty of confidentiality to the Crown.

And taxpayer’s affairs in the UK are regarded as confidential unless they are brought into the public domain before the courts.

I am beginning to think you have a problem with me and I don’t like your aggressive tone. I shall not be commenting further on this subject.

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 29th, 2018), bobsaigon2 (March 29th, 2018), francois (March 29th, 2018), StevieWonders (March 29th, 2018)

Liked

Three times Scottish Guy has bulldozed his way into this thread and three times it has got unpleasant. Times that by his posts all over the board and one can clearly see what he's like. Hardly the poster boy for 'Visit Scotland' now is he!

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    I am beginning to think you have a problem with me and I don’t like your aggressive tone. I shall not be commenting further on this subject.
    I had not picked you as a "snowflake" (I think that's the right word) Jellybean. Besides, I had wanted to discuss whether Blowy-Molten has branched out into general lifestyle advice for the rich and fatuous, in which case he may well be advising Arsenal on his Work Permit obligations in Thailand. If it leaks it could end up being a local version of the Panama Papers - the "Pattaya Papers" perhaps?

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Hardly the poster boy for 'Visit Scotland' now is he!
    Doesn't that depend on whether you like rough trade?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    I had not picked you as a "snowflake" (I think that's the right word) Jellybean. Besides, I had wanted to discuss whether Blowy-Molten has branched out into general lifestyle advice for the rich and fatuous, in which case he may well be advising Arsenal on his Work Permit obligations in Thailand. If it leaks it could end up being a local version of the Panama Papers - the "Pattaya Papers" perhaps?
    Oh really? And I thought you knew me so well, StevieWonders. Clearly you weren’t paying enough attention during all those lovely evenings we spent together. Mind you, there was so much eye-candy to be seen, I really can’t blame you.

And, as for that old rogue, Blowy-Molten, just between the two of us, I have heard it on good authority from the most unimpeachable sources, that he won’t sully his hands with low class work permit business. He has gone and subcontracted the work to that scurrilous character of even more dubious worth, Saul Goodman. Can you believe it?

Liked

Pattaya Papers!

Pattaya En Papillote would be apposite.