Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: February Thailand Trip Notes.

Liked

Re: February Thailand Trip Notes.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Any news on the Tarntawan Hotel?
    I stayed there a few weeks ago and they seem to be moving back to the hotel they were in he past. Most staff have changed and they have a new manager that replaced the young guy who came in after the sale and made all the changes. They are still not the place they were before the sale but better now than under the last manager. I will be there again in a few weeks and will update if any significant changes have recently occurred.

Liked

Thank you for the various PMs where a few questions were asked. I had planned to post the rest of the trip report which covered some of them but I'm not so sure about posting now/or if I will be able to.......as amongst the PMs was one from a member called Moses who advises me I now have an infraction. What is this and why have I received one? If it was because my post was too long I apologise for taking the time to make a contribution to your forum. If for something else please advise because I genuinely have no idea what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    15,000 word limit? I never knew that (besides perhaps I'd forgotten .... "at my age".
    I had come across this before but forgot, and so was over by about 3,000 so had to cut out a big section as well many of the nouns and verbs, but it's not even 15,000 words it's 15,000 actual individual characters or letters!

Liked

I encountered the same initially frustrating problem when I posted a very long post about a trip to Cuba on the Sawatdee Gay World sub-forum. It was, however, an easy job to split the text into two consecutive posts, with no need for editing at all. https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...477-cuba/page2
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    Brilliant report. Will have all the regular Pattaya visitors checking flights. Great stuff..
    Indeed a good report. I wonder if any of those regular Pattaya visitors will be checking flights transiting through Beijing?

Liked

Let's just nail this - door to door it's a full 24hours for me to get to to Pattaya - whether that's via the arab states or London - and using the most expensive (shortest time) tickets.

If an alternative opens up (as it has done with the new Chinese carrier out of GLA) - I will look at it. It may turn out to be a practical or impractical proposition depending on timings and fares (both unknown at the moment). I'm sure people who fly out of DUB will look at it too.
    I don't apologise for alerting people to it

This London-centric sneering at people who fly from airports where there is not a huge choice of carriers on a route merely reinforces the myopic nature of some people who take for granted the advantageous position they are in - in terms of both choice and low prices

6. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (March 24th, 2018)

Liked

So presumably if someone posted about flight options from Standsted Airport you would welcome the information and not get all angry about it.

Liked

I would look at it and see whether it would be of benefit to me - but since there are no carriers from GLA or EDI to Stansted who give any reasonable luggage allowance suitable for a holiday in Thailand, it's unlikely a flight from STN would be of any advantage to me.

Further, even if the luggage situation was sorted out via a codeshare for example, if the STN flight was anything other than non-stop then there's no advantage to me.

I might also point out that there are already more than enough flights to Thailand from London airports and that extra choices from so-called regional airports would be a better option.

Liked

Oh. Because you got rather uppity when Gerefan2 posted about that very subject.

Liked

Why does arsenal have to pick fights with posters
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

11. User who gave Like to post:

colmx (March 22nd, 2018)

Liked

Hi Sir Lonely.

I don't. They come looking for me. Read the timelines. Like you and your obsession with my lucrative restaurant promotions.

Now, to business. When are you meeting Scottish Guy for the slap up breakfast do? And where are you going. I recommend Deli Diner. For just 119 baht you can enjoy proper sausages, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, fried potatoes, mushrooms, toast, butter, jam, marmalade, orange juice and tea or coffee. Quite excellent value.