Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: February Thailand Trip Notes.

Liked

Re: February Thailand Trip Notes.

Thanks for the trip report NewalAlaan
    Currently laid up after a gall bladder operation gone wrong and really appreciated it whiling away part of a boring evening!

I will also miss my songkran trip this year due to recovery, so your report helps keep my knowledge "refreshed" whilst I count down to a rearranged trip in late may or June...
    (We may even finally overlap on a visit!)
    I see on Facebook that Eden bar in sunee is set to reopen tonight under new management.

You forgot to mention how cruisy the toilets in Silapin Issan are! There is only 1 "guard" there.... So the boys seems to be a lot more flirty than in TNI or NAB

(That's not an excuse for some of you to set up a permanent habitat there!)
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

PART TWO OF TRIP
    Just the rest of the trip notes I had already compiled and not posted on the OP as I ran out of 'characters', more just general bit's and bob's.

Pattaya.
    Lodgings on the second stay in Pattaya were at the usual Mosaik Apartments nothing really new to add to their consistently excellent rooms, stayed in one of the Deluxe 1-Bed units this time which was very spacious with balcony over-looking main soi right across from Helios Massage. Everything spot-on only the rather larger than usual electric bill due to 2 large rooms using aircon for a great deal of the time. Bf spends as much time in the room as out, prefers to invite friends round for pre-night out/clubbing drinks rather than going to the bars first as I prefer. They can chatter away, eat, cook, have telly on (whether watching or not), keep track on the social media, to their hearts content with no interruptions. Also as there are no roof fans the result is more electric units used.

Morlam. Only had one night of outdoor Morlam at the larger site next to Tam Nan Chon this trip on Friday 16th feb, Bt140 entrance as usual, Bt5 for toilets within the Morlam area, Leo Bt55 sml can, Bt100 large bottle so not expensive night there. Huge crowd in attendance and bumped into quite a few former 'friends' as well as lads from many of the bars around BT, sunee and even the Jomtien bars had good representation. I thoroughly enjoy these nights there is a great laid-back vibe and atmosphere, arrived just before 11pm and finished 1.30am. There's always something going om around you as well as the stage, so 2.1/2 hours passes very quickly indeed, and the amount of obviously gay lads you never see round the bars, clubs massage shops is incredible, always new faces at a Morlam night. There was another not quite so large outdoor Morlam event on the Xyte ground next evening Saturday 17th but we didn't go as had other plans so not sure how well attended it was.
    Walking Street. As per last trip in Oct Walk St still very much popular with lads from BT and Sunee just simply because of it's location. This trip Lucifer which I don't think I had visited before appeared to be the new 'in' place. Music of course far too loud and mostly total shite, but if you can see past these two minor irritations, or indeed have had enough to drink not to give a shit good fun can be had here for a limited duration visit. We did enjoy 2-3 late nights here before hitting Marine Disco or elsewhere and found our favourite spot at Lucifer was in the front section right beside the front entrance where there is a bar counter top with stools and quick bar service, you can hear the 'tunes' such as they are but not as loud as the Massive Speaker Cabinet aka...the main disco area further in. It's also a good spot to take in the unique Walk St passing 'show' almost like being in a Channel 4 documentary at times. Marine Disco (Maleeen in local speak) is still a favourite of many, not a nightly visit but occasional is fine, sometimes hit or miss, sometimes some of the showbars crew join the ladyboys near the DJ booth area for even more dancing. We still enjoy an occasional game of pool there before looking for a table in the dance area, also great if you still fancy a late night finish, 5.30-6am.

Other passing Pattaya notes- Had a daily large Americano at Deli Diner and at Bt55 half the price of Starbucks and more to my taste, although was very 'put out' when they closed for 4 days around Valentines Day. Also used them as first choice when the Western food cravings took hold, as usual never bother with the 3 course 'set menu' specials as too much for me one sitting, but daily mains specials like Cottage Pie still on menu and hits the spot. As does the breakfast option which I only had once, and even taking the smaller option at 99Bt it's still ridiculously cheap for what you get. Their succulent Pork medallions with mash and veg cooked 'just right' from the main menu still a huge bargain too at Bt129. However bf thought their Thai offerings just 'ok' this time round, but he is fussy about his Thai food! But finally made it to a new (to us) restaurant, at last bf and I managed to make it to Pattaya Beer Garden near the Walking St entrance, even with 18 years visits to Pattaya under my belt I never actually knew where it was never mind visit, despite Colmx recommendations though the years. Actually saw it on a Thai Blogger vid on YouTube so decided to pay a visit. Bf enjoyed the Thai food as did I, we settled for a selection of Thai dishes rather than any western, lovely view over the Bay and cooling breeze on the day we were there, young straight couple asked to share our rather large table near the end of our meal as at 4-5pm the place was absolutely packed to near capacity. No attitude from straights surrounding us at other tables and even some Russians close by didn't bother with the judgemental stares, not that it would have made any difference to our enjoyment. The young couple maybe 25-ish were in fact very chatty aksed if we were 'couple' and seemed taken with bf, also helped them with a few easy to remember Thai words on request. This is one of the differences to here than back home...I somehow think that would never have happened back in blighty where the negative 'attitudes' no doubt would have been on full show.

Usually have massages at some pint during a trip, and for the first time in a couple years had one at Helios Massage (previously Blue House) across from our Mosaik room. The boys I usually 'out front' when passing are more man-boy types so it was good to hear a familiar voice call across as I passed on first day to see a really nice massage guy called 'Lek' who worked ther for many years under it's previous name whom I had not seen for some time as he had w=bben working in Dubai for a couple years, I know a couple of SGT members know him from the past too, so it was good to see he was back working there. 'Probably' the only flexible guy on their books and provided an excellent massage as previous years, first time I had been in the refurbished newly named Helios to find good rooms with shower cubicle in room and raised massage bed so as no need to visit shower outwith room there were no valuables security concerns. Oil massage Bt500 here and available guys tend not to parade themselves outside, I only ever saw the same 3-4 lads hanging around outside when passing daily, so I was surprised to see so many sitting around inside on my visit probably 10-12, they wait for customer to enter and kinda line up as per some of the Bkk massage places. That's maybe a pity as many customers like to see who is available and perhaps choose somebody based on that rather than having to go in not knowing if there will be a suitable boy and 'face' a line-up.

Transport . Used Pattaya Limo yet again on the two journey's from/to Silom area of Bkk, Bt1500 inc tolls each way, at start and end of trip and as usual driver waiting ahead of agreed pick up time with smooth comfortable journey well driver at reasonable speeds, unlike my other taxi experience. So I still recommend them.

Bkk part. These Bkk notes are combined from a stay right at the start of the trip and at the end before heading home so about 3 weeks between them and even in that short time span there seemed to be a tightening up and changes in Gogo/bar/disco closing times and street seller times. So some info might not tie up with current trends. Arrival at Swampy was straightforward, I had the new 30 exemption card, but left the email address and telephone number part blank. Went to 2nd Immigration area and got straight through, I saw some from my fight still in long Q's at 1st immigration as I went to collect luggage. Nobody bothered at customs so straight down to lower floor where the rail connections are to seek out the exchange booths. Once again they turned out to offer the best rates on the whole of my trip, (although equal to X-One exchange on Surawong) by the time I hit pattaya cashed some of the Sterling I held back Friendship booth had the best rate (better than TT) but still not as good as Airport booths on lowest floor.

First day in Bkk always have massage at Bonnys Massage to help the body revived after long flights from UK. Quick seat at Dicks for couple relaxing drinks first then my regular cute Laos masseur came over to say hello and remind me he had started work. Bt600 for Oil massage here, and had usual superb massage experience. Boys here normally shower with you, are naked from get-go and shower with you after and help with the oil slick removal. Room door is locked if you wish when going to showers in hallway. There is very low volume music piped here so at his suggestion put on my MP3 player at low on speaker and the selection of Thai songs helped with relaxing atmosphere for both. I often see on the forum boards some posters asking about offing massage lads, while I didn't not discuss this with my Loas boy he did offer to meet up outwith his working hours/day off as he said life is dreadfully boring at times and with little money simply can't afford regular nights out at pubs/clubs etc.. and so said he was happy to trade a night out with small tip for sex. Unfortunately was unable to take him up on it. The first night a look round the area to see what's new then an early crash out back in the room after long flights with little sleep.

Soi Twilight was busyish but not as busy as I would have expected for Chinese New Year time. But I noticed Dream Boys didn't even have the usual big numbers entering, and from my seat at former Solid Bar I didn't see a single person enter X-size, a couple did venture further up the soi as far as Classic Gogo. I had heard from the former Solid bar boss 6 months ago about the impending closure of the soi, so the speculation over at Gay Thailand and Gaybutt regarding the issue came as no surprise. Just seems nobody seems to know the extent and timescale involved. The bars near the soi entrance seemed to be busy enough, Banana Bar busy at varying times through the evening as was Hotmale 2 Bar but was actually crowded the couple nights I sat there, Maxis was doing decent trade as well, these bars at the start of the soi definitely benefit from their location, quite a few passing straight couples looking around just plonked themselves at the first bar with available seating. Bf and I visited Hotmale Gogo for a change and the doormen there whom I have known for many years always make sure we pay discounted price for drinks, normal prices are Bt400 for first drink and Bt350 for subsequent, I don't actually ask for cheaper drinks if I indicate I/we are heading up to gogo rather than just using toilet facilities which are shared with gogo, hotmale 2 Bar and Banana bar one or the other always accompanies us up to a suitable seat then 'advises' the waiter what we are to pay, this time it was Bt300 each but had to check bin immediately I assume to keep it quiet. Decent show here the night we visited, big cock/shower etc.. with good looking participants.

On a separate night I visited Screw Boys over on Patpong, as before 10-12 lads and 2-3 very cute lads in the mix, didn't stay for show but enjoyed visit as mamasans keep distance unless requested, drinks Bt300 and a couple of Bt100 tips to lads showing some enthusiasm. Soi 4 was busy too but again I've seen it much busier in Feb especially around Chinese New Year, Telephone and Balcony main terrace packed but Balcony small terrace actually a bit quiet. From there, I think it may have been a Saturday night as over at Jupiter it was Bt400 entrance due to Chinese NY. But my goodness! the place was so jam packed I struggled to find a single seat, got squeezed in between a young cute Chinese couple on one side and a young very attractive Russian female on the other. She was there for a hung, athletic body young man so she declared, but she struggled to explain what she was after to the Thai waiter so I got roped in to help with negotiations, apparently Bt500 maybe Bt400 for off fee, and Bt2000 expected tip for the lad she had her eyes on, she didn't flinch at either number, had already downed two whiskeys and was on to a third as I was leaving. I actually do enjoy the Jupiter spectacle, with boys on the catwalk in various fashion gear seems far away from the gogo concept. The boys onstage usually not my 'type' but a great deal of the Asian..Chinese and Korean customers in their groups of 2-3-4 certainly are nice eye-candy. They do seem to take in the whole show 'thing' but rarely see boys being asked down for drinks. I saw only two other westerners seated across from me and obviously regulares as they had whisky set and their own personal waiter by the looks of it. The other 95% all Asian. But it's very many years since I have been in a Gogo bar anywhere in Thailand so packed and busy. So enjoyed my Jupiter visit.

As for DJ Station Soi 2 the whole soi was absolutely jam packed on the first visit early in the trip, and actually loads of younger cute Thai/Cambodian/Loas lads in the main DJ club area. As usual Bt300 for 2 drinks entry and the opening times clearly shown on a large board as you enter the soi before you pay, every night we passed or were there it was 9.30pm open 2am closed. Again as with Jupiter 95% Asian with quite a few Indian guys in attendance, but moving around was nigh impossible. GOD on the other hand while open at start of trip wasn't as packed as normal at 3-4 am, usual Bt350 for 2 drinks at entrance and as with DJ all Asian guys, which is fine by me. Later at end of trip it wasn't even open at all, so not sure what happened near end of trip with some kind of 'crack down' which is a bit irritating.

Overall another very enjoyable trip, even with BT, Pattayaland and sunee nothing like as busy as years gone by, ther's stil tons and tons of boys making themselves available all over Pattaya, and Jomtien I would say still on an upward trajectory. So still very well worth the regular trips I make, and even if didn't have bf and had to rely on pickups from bars and social media it would still be 'the place'........for me anyway. Bkk and Soi Twlight, well we'll just have to wait and see what happens there in not too distant future. Well, that's it for now, hope some made it through to end!

3. 12 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (March 23rd, 2018), Asia Traveler (March 23rd, 2018), aussie_ (March 23rd, 2018), bazzabear (March 23rd, 2018), Brad the Impala (March 23rd, 2018), colmx (March 23rd, 2018), GWMinUS (March 24th, 2018), llz (March 24th, 2018), poshglasgow (March 24th, 2018), scottish-guy (March 23rd, 2018), Smiles (March 23rd, 2018), Tintin (March 23rd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Thanks for the trip report NewalAlaan
    Currently laid up after a gall bladder operation gone wrong and really appreciated it whiling away part of a boring evening! I will also miss my songkran trip this year due to recovery, so your report helps keep my knowledge "refreshed" whilst I count down to a rearranged trip in late may or June... (We may even finally overlap on a visit!)
    I see on Facebook that Eden bar in sunee is set to reopen tonight under new management.

You forgot to mention how cruisy the toilets in Silapin Issan are! There is only 1 "guard" there.... So the boys seems to be a lot more flirty than in TNI or NAB
    (That's not an excuse for some of you to set up a permanent habitat there!)
    Sorry to hear about the operation, especially the 'gone wrong' bit. That must be about the first Songkran you'll have missed for a fair number of years, if ever, since you started visiting. I've managed only two in 18 years! If our trips do overlap surely to hell we could manage to synchronise a visit to Silipin Issan on the same night!

I saw a post over at Gay Thailand about Eden, but a bit concerned that it said a few of the Diamond Bar staff had already moved, Diamond doesn't have that big a roster of guys and would hate to think it affects it negatively. Also it must have been a bit of an effort to get Eden going again as they sold all their furniture and bit's/bob's to Diamond next door when they closed. But very pleased to hear another bar will be reopening as long a it's not to the detriment of Diamond. Any idea who is behind it? I did run into the Thai lad (forget his name) who ran it previously at the Morlam night and Silipin Issan but didn't mention it.

As for Silipin, the first night we went there was actually no water in the toilet or anywhere in the building for the first two hours! (Anyone there the same night as us?)There was a 'rush' when they announced water was 'running' again. From what I witnessed on my visits after 3-4am the flirting takes place from one side of Silipin to the other! Actually when visiting the toilets, I only saw an 'attendant' there very rarely.

All the best for a speedy return to 'action'.

No Platformed
    Liked

Speaking of Songkran, anyone know how many public holidays it will cover in Bangkok this year? As I recall it's a completely different week in Pattaya