Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: February Thailand Trip Notes.

Liked

February Thailand Trip Notes.

Being banned sadly didn't have me miss the forum, I thought it would have given I've been posting and reading here for so many years, As it turned out I'm afraid Moses Ban had absolutely no impact on my reading/posting on the forum whatsoever, he totally wasted his time banning me mere hours before a near month long Thailand trip as I never (or only very rarely) post/read the forum during a trip. It did however make it inconvenient for members who were not banned to keep in touch with me, as I usually plan to meet up with members if we happen to be in same area of Thailand at same time on a trip, it can only be done at short notice usually by PM. But positive is that I now have email details of all those members, so won't need Moses's forum to keep in future contact.

In truth only made this post here because being banned and therefore unable to access SGT, decided to post it at Gay Thailand near the end of trip in case I forgot much of the detail. However I found trying to make a very long post there not straightforward, it's too much work to compose, have something 'go wrong' and it not upload. Anyway here is a 'brief' outline of recent trip made during Feb. I appreciate regular visitors/expats have little interest in this type of post as much of it is same from trip to trip and they experience it on a daily basis, but many who have weeks/months between visits seem to appreciate updates from recent trips which is the purpose of any trip reports I make. All from memory so just accept there might be small inaccurancies here/there rather then nit-pick.

The (about) month's trip was split into Bkk visit at start, short stay Jomtien followed by Issan trip, back to Pattaya for a few days returning to Bkk 4 days before heading home. Jomtien . Again enjoyed Jomtien enormously, pre-trip usually plan visits to certain bars which never materialise, this case happened with new show bar M2M as I always had better options on the night. I enjoy a number of the Jomtein bars but particularly Sun Bar , many of the lads here from Laos rather than/as well as Cambodia which helps (me) with communication as Laos/Issan/English works here fine, met 2-3 realy nice engaging lads, but I find Cambodian lads here easy to get on with too. Also found here that boys (certainly in my experience) approach politely as soon as you are led to table rather than some of the bars where you are left until you call somebody over. Half a dozen lads here I could easily have offed in previous times before I had bf. @Home Bar was another very busy bar with much increased table space since my last trip, had party one night which was very well attended, great atmosphere, but mostly farang karaoke songs. On the same night Q Mark Bar also had celebration and we preffered the Issan/Morlam style music here and antics of the boys. One boy mentioned on a previous thread here Bia/Beer/aka..'The Walking Boy' was encouraged to 'entertain' here by the singers who all knew him by name, and entertain he did which turned out to be very enjoyable.

4T Bar and the smaller Angel Bar also very busy/good fun, but it was 'high-ish' season after all, again nice lads, not pushy. Also visited cockatoo, Kiss Bar, Man Bar, BM Bar and others in between. The Venue , the only 'showbar' I have any time for had some excellent new routines again with their attractive younger dancers providing some additional eye-candy. Even with competition from M2M up the soi it was packed to capacity inside the night we visited. Love also to sit late afternoon at Festival Bar next to Dicks with glass of wine/cool beer enjoying the breeze which blows down that soi later on, very relaxing! also nice coffee at coffee shop opposite. Bf liked the food served at Dicks Caf which means it must have been very good, spicy seafood platter apparently excellent.

Stayed at East-suites immaculate room as usual, everything perfect working order, this is how apartments should be kept/maintained as nothing seems to go downhill between visits. A visiting farang I met in Jomtien was staying at The Venue Hotel invited me up to see his room, looked good, so my next trip in June decided to booked there for a change (more accurately my preferred room at East Suites on my June dates is fully booked!) I know smiles/others here have stayed in the past with good reports. The rate was a very reasonable Bt1070 for Deluxe room with balcony. Junior Suite not available my dates.

South Pattaya . Stayed here for 12 days...12th to 22nd February (to give some perspective/timeline). Whilst some of the Sunee bars were busy enough, many were very quiet considering this is high-ish season doesn't bode well for rest of year, and with the on-going road woks had Boyztown in a bit of a mess so it didn't feel as welcoming as a normal. Sunee. Pluses were Nice Boys who had a decent crop of lads all willing to engage with customers, Beer, the owner was his usual polite self, enjoyed his company when visiting with no pressure for extra drinks, makes a change from the usual grasping mamasans. Fun bar, if you like your boys manly and forward, this is the place for you. Popped in by Power Boys , first time an ages, not busy but 3 very attractive lads in amongst the average man-boys, while more on the flexible/bottom side were good fun, one I have know for a while, his two friends were equally as happy to chat/joke. Forest Bar still late night/early morning favourite as a winding down spot, with Aum and the lads always chatty/good for a laugh, it's amazing the range of clientele who visit here during a night. Ouds CafBar as usual too..entertaining, here is where I get much of the 'necessary' info (gossip!) on what's happening around town, Morlam nights, new/closed venues, what the 'in' places are etc.. also enjoyed Ouds cooking/coffee on occasion.

Ting Tong Red remains most puzzling of the sunee bars in relation to being busy. Previous trips could always rely on it to be very busy with customers and plenty of boys on hand. Last trip they were quiet which I put down to 'low season' or not German/North Euro holidays, but this trip again very quiet with few boys, it sometimes back fires when bars install a snooker table to attract custom, and if hidden out of the way and boys are quiet they disappear to play pool, so when customers pass they don't see any boys outside, so keep passing. Next up the soi for me is Diamond Bar another favourite in sunee, with cute engaging boys here, usually good customer numbers but with big frontage sometimes looks emptier than it is. Boost here is snooker table and great view over surrounding sois. Even Mr Francois was still out late enough for us to cross paths here! Over at Green Chair Bar surprisingly busy every night, although I say that on every trip! many expats seem to collect here. Euro Boys Bar remains my favourite bar in Sunee , busy every single night I was there with 3-4 nights packed to capacity and that's with them even encroaching into the former Eden Bar frontage with 2-3 tables. Boys here all cute and to my taste, all happy to approach/engage with customers, all have great attitude with many having regular offs which they deserve. Also very solid customer base with many (like me) on couple weeks holiday in Pattaya visiting the bar at some point every night, met a few expats/visitors/forum members in the mix here.

Winner Gogo up next, still very busy the nights I went , boys all keen to engage, plenty of fun and as with previous trips I noticed plenty of offs, generous farang customers giving drinks/tips, didn't see any ping-pong balls bouncing around though, enjoyed also the outside seating area with couple lads on occasion. No updates on Eros as I didn't make it there, but stopped in by Rainbow Bar 2-3 times in the evening, nice staff and place to sit while catching up with sms's/missed calls etc while enjoying the comings/goings at Winner. Double Shot as usual...one night quiet...next night jumping...again some very attractive man-boys here all very willing to sit with customers. I like the brightness it brings to the sois around as well as the attitude and atmosphere, two top-shelf spirits vodka/gin etc for Bt140 with mixer giving two full glasses of quality product for Bt70 each as I always split the measure into two glasses. Sky Bar still also a favourite with owner Alain never slow to offer free nibbles, varying quality of staff, though one very cute freelancer who works hotel as main job sometimes appears, some nights has great vibe when a few of Alain's countrymen/women turn up later on well oiled! only downside is a Sunday when Doub Shot is closed, makes the surrounding area very dark/uninviting which I do think affects customer numbers in nearby bars, I know Alain has appealed for DS to open 7 days but so far to no avail. Goodboys as I've mentioned before though not my cup o' tea, has some attractive man-boys polite and engaging despite initial look, never pushy and I think perfect for those who like the hands-on man boys. Some bars in sunee are doing alright, but some are certainly struggling a bit, that's for sure....the rest of the year will be a real test/challenging for some.

Boystown/Pattayaland. Well....with road dug up, sand,pipes, and various digging appliances lying around certainly didn't look attractive, but didn't put me off. They had wooden running boards the length of the soi, thankfully not rainy season. Hat Boyztown as it was described (Boyztown Beach) . Toy Boys as usual busy this time of year most nights. Some new boys on the rosta, 'Boss' introduced me to cute newly arrived lad from 'up North' very keen as are most of the staff there. Usual couple of free drinks along side the one's I actually bought kept me here long enough to have seen all the available boys on rotation, there are still a few attractive lads here. I have seen Christian pfc as well as others complain that boys here sit outside as 'lure' and won't visit because of that....I just don't 'get' that attitude, you are perfectly free to sit down inside order a drink have a look at those inside, and then simply sit outside at a tables there enjoying a different scene, also it's easy, more informal setting to 'chat up' the boys there who are often just on a break of some kind. I found it great place to interact and where 'boss' introduced me to new lads. That's a suggestion then, try outside as well as in. Prisma stuck between a great place to sit outside terrace, but average Gogo inside with few boys and now employing former Power Boys mamasan. Sat on the terrace most nights at start of an evening, beer here is only Bt99, which I only found on receiving bill (inside Bt180?). Castro Show Bar show recommended by many but from what I could see/hear from the outside didn't appear to be for me. Oscar Bar I liked, enjoyed a couple of excellent nights here, though attraction to spend time here is because bf and I are good friends with one of the owners whose bf is from bfs village and known to me for many years. Serene Bar was buzzing, noisy, looked great fun every night we were in BT, plenty of younger eastern European customers who certainly know how to party, a waiter here I have known for a number of years tells me they are really great fun and very generous with drinks, tips, offs, says he loves working there. Panorama on the other hand not guaranteed to be busy as previous years, in fact quite flat a few nights while Serene packed next door, we still drop in by for 'old times sake', BzBzBz however still great fun for us on outside terrace where we parked ourselves 2-3 nights, great nights here because we know so many of the staff for various reasons. Inside BBB not for me though. Cupidol however take the prize as the most downhill bar since a year ago, quite a change from full bar of boys and customers this time last year, to now....with 4-5 boys lacklustre and way too many waitstaff/mamasan types 'hanging' around..

Pattayaland 1 big plus was roadsurface work was completed, however Kawaii Boys again was a disappointment in boy/customer numbers, only 4-5 lads here who spend more time staring than getting on with some shuffling/dancing and let customers relax with a bit of 'something' to watch. Dreamboys however was a surprise, although tending to be manboys here, couple of attractive/cute lads in the crew, at least 10 lads on stage at any one time and some actual 'dancing' with good vibe, mamasans also polite, keeping distance until requested, boys all ready to engage through smiles, chat and eye contact. enjoyed visit here. Didn't visit X-Boys or A-Bomb .

Clubs/Late Night Venues. Favourite as expected was Sinlapin Issan which by all accounts has taken over from Tam Nan Issan, not that I was able to confirm it as for the first time in years didn't manage visit to TNI to find out, it just didn't work out in terms of the 'logistics' of a night. SinIssan strict with ID, no doubt to protect itself with authorities and perhaps 'rivals' and one night bf forgot ID, but managed to gain entry by showing 'something' on iPhone, still didn't find out what he showed to get in. Anyway great nights fun on very visit, preferred tables on raised area around main floor, better view of proceedings, as also expected 80% gay lads in surrounding tables, many from bars as well as those in 'normal' jobs around town. Food as good as TNI and many comments that Aircon 100% better than TNI. Acts onstage much the same as TNI and reasonable prices. One aspect I'm finding more and more is the amount of lads and lasses who prefer to buy spirit from 7-11 and take in as they simply don't trust what is in the whiskey bottles at various venues. But in terms of Sinissan they seem to have some knid of tie-up with Blend 285 so most accept the spirits here should be 'originan!' There are many youtube vids showing counterfeit booze being bottled up as Johnny red/black etc. Anyway the Vodka I bought from 7-11 only attracted a corkage charge of Bt100, (they didn't have Vodka on the pricelist anyway) that along with 3 mixers for Bt100 (compared to many clubs at Bt155-180+) made for a very reasonable bill at the end. We saw out the full night finish at 5,30am only once, other nights around 3am, with motocy only Bt40 from Sunee/Walk St, easily accessible for the lads even Jomtien had good representation most nights.

Not full report , over the 15,000 characters limit, so had to cut bits out with lots of 'nouns' now missing, so some parts might nut maik sens, will post the rest separately.

2. 15 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (March 19th, 2018), arsenal (March 19th, 2018), Asia Traveler (March 19th, 2018), Brad the Impala (March 19th, 2018), colmx (March 19th, 2018), francois (March 19th, 2018), Halfhansum (March 19th, 2018), llz (March 22nd, 2018), lonelywombat (March 22nd, 2018), Marsilius (March 19th, 2018), pennyboy (March 19th, 2018), searcher (March 19th, 2018), Smiles (March 19th, 2018), TaoR (March 19th, 2018), Tintin (March 19th, 2018)

Liked

Re: February Thailand Trip Notes.

Not that there's any love lost between us, but I have been taken to task for stating that you had been banned

I've had it from the horse's mouth (actually his fingertips I suppose) that you (being in the same boat as Frequent) were NOT banned at all, merely temporarily suspended.

Apparently semantics are absolutely vital.

I'm sure that Moses will be along shortly to point this out to you.

Meanwhile thanks for your interesting report

Liked

Brilliant report. Will have all the regular Pattaya visitors checking flights. Great stuff..

Liked

15,000 word limit?
    I never knew that (besides perhaps I'd forgotten .... "at my age".)

Whatever. I always enjoyed your long, er, stuff -- now once again.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

London continues to freeze- it's supposed to be Spring- and so news from Thailand is particularly cheering. Any signs of life around Cafe Royale?

Liked

Any news on the Tarntawan Hotel?

Liked

Thanks for a superb report which was obviously painstakingly compiled. It will no doubt prove very useful after my arrival in Jomtien in less than a week's time. It ought to be a lot of fun assessing whether my judgments match your own.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

9. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 19th, 2018)

Liked

This would have to be the most comprehensive report I think I've ever seen on this forum.

Thanks for taking the time to put it all together for us. I found it particularly relevant as I'll be heading to Pattaya next month.

And it's great to read that man-boys are back in town in increasing numbers. I still recall those ghastly days in Pattaya when every second guy wore thick make-up and sported a pair of titties.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

llz (March 22nd, 2018), poshglasgow (March 24th, 2018)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I still recall those ghastly days in Pattaya when every second guy wore thick make-up and sported a pair of titties.
    And that is just the customers!

13. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (March 20th, 2018), lonelywombat (March 22nd, 2018), poshglasgow (March 24th, 2018), scottish-guy (March 20th, 2018), Smiles (March 21st, 2018)

Liked

Excellent report thank you. Prisma drinks inside are now 220 baht for a Leo beer (you mentioned 180 with a ?). I prefer Nice Boys and Winner bar in Sunnee for reasonable drink prices and much better entertainment than the Boyztown bars. Oscars is still good though with drink specials and friendly staff. Cafe Royale is still closed and darkens the soi. The concrete has been completed so full access is restored to the Boyztown soi.

15. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 20th, 2018)