Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Taking Your New Thai Friend to a Mainstream Hotel in Pattaya

Liked

Re: Taking Your New Thai Friend to a Mainstream Hotel in Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I was esteemed.

Jellybean's reference to the good detective relates the the Bangkok Eight novels by John Burdett and are absolutely recommended.

He is of course right. As if I'd want the loonies, nutters and psychos who spit venom here daily knowing where I stay. Rest assured it's a quality establishment where gentlemen feel at home.
    OMG all we loonies,nutters and psychos need to do is to go to DD for breakfast and watch for the big spender who buys the 99 baht breakfast with 100 baht and waits for his change. Then we get our gangs together and raid his living quarters and mix with the people who admire the people he brings home with him.
    OMG he is so up himself he thinks he is Royality.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

2. User who gave Like to post:

francois (March 20th, 2018)

Liked

Arise Sir Lonely. For services to food and humour here on SGT.

Liked

LW, if he could get “up himself” as you put it he would save a lot of money and could afford to leave the 1B change as a tip

Liked

That pic posted by Scottish-guy posting 34 looks like the mess outside that hotel but I am sure she/he was not working that stall. to be frank I wondered lf it was still in business
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Sir Lonely. I think you should invite Scottish Guy out for a nice breakfast. Even you can stretch to 238 baht. (its gone up) As the pair of you have similar dispositions and ages you'll get on well.

Liked

In that case Lonely must also be decades younger than you.

You really need to get off this line of attack - it's like Quasimodo calling other people ugly

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 4th, 2018)

Liked

Attack? I'm merely suggesting that ypurself and Sir Lonely are very similar and would get on well. No attack whatsoever.

Liked

Perhaps better to address your own (considerable) shortcomings than to focus on the similarities or dissimilarities of people you don't know and have never met

Liked

Why so nasty? I can't see how you and Sir Lonely wouldn't have plenty in common. Here, you come across as soul mates. What about it Sir Lonely? Breakfast with Scottish Guy?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by TaoR View Post
    Actually, one time in Bangkok the love of my life and I decided to go to Phuket at the spur of the moment. I actually wanted to go to Pattaya but he said it was run down, dirty, no good, and "finish" (It was the mid 80's). So we flew to Phuket and was met at the airport by the taxi from the resort I had booked and off we went. It was me, my bar buddy, and two friends/relatives of his and we had rented two bungalows on the beach.

Well, they also had a multi story hotel that sat up on a hill and that was where they put all their tour group visitors.

We decided to go to the swimming pool and swim so off we go to the pool; of course they get under the shower and thoroughly clean themselves before jumping in...well as they were doing that a bunch of old German fraus were hustling themselves and their kids out of the pool.

So we had the pool all to ourselves. Then the manager shows up and asks my Thai guests not to swim in the pool because the other guests didn't like having Thai's in their pool. I just looked at the manager and said, "I am paying full price for two bungalows and those big fat Germans, who only take a bath once a week don't want Thai's, who take baths three times a day to get their water dirty? I think my two bungalows make you more money than their deeply discounted hotel rooms do...

So then he offered us a deal. They had a beach that was a little ways off shore that they would boat us to every morning on of our stay and we could have the whole beach, the bar, and a picnic lunch all to ourselves. So the next morning off we went and had the time of our lives.....did that for three days.

Had a picture but it isn't uploading.....
    I don’t get it. You fly 6000 miles to a foreign country and then do not want to be around the locals? I might have slugged the guy. Was he Thai or European ?