Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking Your New Thai Friend to a Mainstream Hotel in Pattaya

Liked

Re: Taking Your New Thai Friend to a Mainstream Hotel in Pattaya

I always felt bad bringing Thai guys back to my room because everyone assumed I was the prostitute....its an awkward feeling.

I usually got over the humiliation by bringing five or six Thai guys back to my room and I paid them extra to call me "coach."
    Last edited by TaoR; March 18th, 2018 at 09:40.

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (March 18th, 2018), Asia Traveler (March 18th, 2018), bobsaigon2 (March 18th, 2018), colmx (March 18th, 2018), francois (March 18th, 2018), Smiles (March 18th, 2018)

Liked

Actually, one time in Bangkok the love of my life and I decided to go to Phuket at the spur of the moment. I actually wanted to go to Pattaya but he said it was run down, dirty, no good, and "finish" (It was the mid 80's). So we flew to Phuket and was met at the airport by the taxi from the resort I had booked and off we went. It was me, my bar buddy, and two friends/relatives of his and we had rented two bungalows on the beach.

Well, they also had a multi story hotel that sat up on a hill and that was where they put all their tour group visitors.

We decided to go to the swimming pool and swim so off we go to the pool; of course they get under the shower and thoroughly clean themselves before jumping in...well as they were doing that a bunch of old German fraus were hustling themselves and their kids out of the pool.

So we had the pool all to ourselves. Then the manager shows up and asks my Thai guests not to swim in the pool because the other guests didn't like having Thai's in their pool. I just looked at the manager and said, "I am paying full price for two bungalows and those big fat Germans, who only take a bath once a week don't want Thai's, who take baths three times a day to get their water dirty? I think my two bungalows make you more money than their deeply discounted hotel rooms do...

So then he offered us a deal. They had a beach that was a little ways off shore that they would boat us to every morning on of our stay and we could have the whole beach, the bar, and a picnic lunch all to ourselves. So the next morning off we went and had the time of our lives.....did that for three days.

Had a picture but it isn't uploading.....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Many of us don't like being caught in the lift with mum, dad and the 2.5 kids.
    Hmmm...still no clear explanation. If it's not guilt or shame, why would you "not like being caught in the lift with mum, dad and 2.5 kids?"

And if there's no guilt or shame, why are words like "caught", "new Thai friend", "casual visitor" and "guest" being used? Why does one have to "break the tension" when in the lift together? What "tension"?

Liked

"caught" in the sense of being trapped. No escape from them. You are subject to their stares of disapproval and maybe even hostility until one of you gets out of the elevator.

And not a particularly edifying scene for their kids to have someone with a prostitute standing next to them.

But no guilt.

Just embarrassment - discomfort, you could say. Both for myself and the guy I have in tow. He has feelings, too, you know.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...You are subject to their stares of disapproval and maybe even hostility until one of you gets out of the elevator.

And not a particularly edifying scene for their kids to have someone with a prostitute standing next to them.

But no guilt.

Just embarrassment - discomfort, you could say. Both for myself and the guy I have in tow.
    So you're keen on setting a good example for their kids? Why do you assume they disapprove? How do you know they're not thinking "now here's an elderly grandparent with their foster Asian grandchild...what a lovely picture but perhaps they shouldn't be out too late on a school night"? Those stares could just be parental concern from one loving family unit to another.

So the "new Thai friend", "casual visitor" or "guest" is a prostitute? So the prostitute is to blame for your embarrassment and discomfort? Who hired the prostitute?

And if you say you don't feel any guilt and are shameless (that we know), what are you embarrassed or uncomfortable about? People are usually embarrassed because they have done something wrong or were caught doing something wrong.
    Last edited by sglad; March 18th, 2018 at 15:00.

7. User who gave Like to post:

francois (March 18th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    So you're keen on setting a good example for their kids? Why do you assume they disapprove? How do you know they're not thinking "now here's an elderly grandparent with their foster Asian grandchild...what a lovely picture but perhaps they shouldn't be out too late on a school night"? Those stares could just be parental concern from one loving family unit to another.
    Lol. That's actually quite funny. Grandpa with his Asian foster grandchild, coming back after a night out on the town - and on a school night, to boot!

The guys I'd be with in the elevator would look more like teachers than students. More like a son than a grandson. I've stated my preference for older guys many times, including in my trip reports. Nothing new there. One of my regulars in Bangkok is 36 years old, for Christ's sake!

So the prostitute is to blame for your embarrassment and discomfort?
    Nobody is to blame for anything.

People are usually embarrassed because they have done something wrong or were caught doing something wrong.
    No. It's a feeling of discomfort, believing that I'm displaying a side to myself that I would not like others to see.

Is also a feeling many here would get if their parents started talking in front of them about the hot sex they enjoyed last night

Very uncomfortable. But no shame or guilt involved.

Your definition of "embarrassing" is actually my definition of "guilt".

I've expressed this same opinion on sharing elevators a number of times in the past. It's nothing new. I was merely making a casual observation in answer to the OP. That's all.

You are making a desperate attempt to read something into my post which isn't there.
    Last edited by a447; March 18th, 2018 at 21:58.

Liked

If you think there are prying eyes and catty comments in a mainstream hotel, multiply that by 10 or 100 in a gay one.

Which is why I have almost only stayed in the mainstream version ever since the novelty of gay hotels wore off maybe 30 years ago*

*(sole exception being the Copa Hotel in January one year when I arrived in Thailand unexpectedly and without any reservation)

Liked

Walking down the street with a guy in tow in a gay area of town doesn't faze me at all. However, there are some guys who start off walking a few steps behind me and stay there until we reach the hotel. I understand they do not want to be seen with their customer, and that's fine. At least they don't walk on the other side of the road!

A new guy I offed every day in Bangkok recently had me leave the bar first - he would then meet me 10 minutes later in the hotel lobby.

When I'm being a sex tourist I just want to be among other like-minded people. It's as simple as that. We are all involved in similar activities and so nobody bats an eyelid. And it easy engaging them in conversation.

Your typical family is not like-minded, and so I feel uncomfortable being with them, be it in an elevator, by the pool or in the hotel restaurant at breakfast. That the same goes for the guy I'm with is hardly surprising.

Liked

"caught" in the sense of being trapped. No escape from them. You are subject to their stares of disapproval and maybe even hostility until one of you gets out of the elevator.

But no guilt.

Just embarrassment - discomfort, you could say. Both for myself and the guy I have in tow. He has feelings, too, you know.
    First of all, it's none of their business who your in the elevator with. After all the guy could be just a friend, tour guide, hotel staff etc.

Liked

Not when the surrounding streets are full of elderly farang and their much younger bar boys.

I doubt people would be so easily fooled.

Perhaps it would be different in a non-gay area where they would not put 2 and 2 together. I wouldn't have a problem sitting in a restaurant in the Bangkok Mandarin Oriental Hotel, for example.

And of course, it's not anyone else's business. But Istill feel uncomfortable, regardless.

That's just me. I understand that others feel differently.