FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal background checks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Too be quick and blunt: there isn't a chance in hell your 'husband' will be able to obtain a Visa to get into Canada.
    You've managed to break Thailand's immigration laws for years now, so I doubt you are much of a fall back helper with that, given that your own Canadian passport is full of lies itself.
    There's so much nonsense and stupidity in your posts on this thread that it boggles the mind ...starting out mundanely with the background check fee being $10 -- it's actually $28 -- and getting more surreal by the sentence.

In Australia, it's $139.00 for a fingerprint and National Police Check application, where fingerprints are taken and processed by the Fed Police.

Liked

What happened to you Smiles? You used to be a pretty nice guy I thought. Last year or two though you've just been this old, grumpy, egotistical, depressing negative dickhead.

Yes, I'm confident I'll get Leo granted a visitor VISA to Canada. It will be quite a bit of time and effort, but I know full well what I'm in for, as I've been through this type of process several times. After all, I got my first husband permanent residency status to Canada, so getting Leo a visitor VISA should be easier than that.

Quit being such a grumpy old man. Be happy. Life is more fun like that.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    " ... Quit being such a grumpy old man. Be happy. Life is more fun like that."
    Well, originality has never been your strong suite: you employ almost the same well-worn cliche every time.
    But do carry on . . .
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Mentioning grumpy old men - which I've never, by the way, considered Smiles to be - makes me think that we perhaps need to be a little more careful when composing titles for the threads we initiate.

After all, I can easily imagine that unexpectedly catching sight of the words Criminal background checks at the head of the list of this board's threads might well precipitate a fatal heart attack for more than a few gentlemen of a certain age as they wake up in the morning in Sodom-by-the-Sea.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

*shrug*

Up to them. It's still absolutely fucken retarded he has to go all the way to Bangkok, and get finger printed in order to get a criminal background check. I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. When I was living in Edmonton, Alberta and my employer told me I needed a background check, the police didn't tell me I need to go to Toronto to get it.

Anyway, he's off to Vientiane this morning to secure us a house. We'll worry about the stupid background check later. For now, we'll just worry about getting myself and my dogs secure and safe in some house in Vientiane.

Liked

Sure, no problem, as you've posted photos of you on here before. If I can remember correctly...

You look like something a 5 year old would have carved out of a pumpkin.

You seem to have the temperment of the small, tiny street dog that keeps coming around, which I'm presuming is a Chiauawia or similar.

I would call you a peacock, but that would be insulting to the intelligence of peacocks.

I could imagine you like Trump, and snuggling into bed with a cheeseburger every night at 2am.

heh, this is fun. Shall we continue?

7. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (March 15th, 2018)

Liked

Nice try, but you're trying way to hard. Prose a bit leaden, a bit heavy, hard to wander through.
    'Chiauawia' vs 'Chihuahua' ... but I'll give you the blind thing on that one.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Nice try, but you're trying way to hard. Prose a bit leaden, a bit heavy, hard to wander through.
    'Chiauawia' vs 'Chihuahua' ... but I'll give you the blind thing on that one.

Not much of a rebuttal there Smiles.

But yes, I'm just being blind again. Those small yappy dogs. You know, the ones who think they're really strong, all the while you wonder how far they would fly with a good and solid kick.

Those dogs.

Liked

Couldn't edit my above post, so here it goes:

If I were you, I would do the following:

1) let Leo handle the dogs
    2) get my ass to BKK airport, with a ticket to VTE, travel by train from KK to Hualamphong, take taxi to BKK, settle overstay at the airport and get to VTE by plane.

I understand trying to get to Nong Khai, might seem a lesser risk, but I am not sure if they will allow you to cross over to Laos with an extensive overstay, there is a good chance they tell you to go to the airport and leave that way, so you might as well do that in any case.

Going to KK immigration will get you to Canada, not Laos, that much is almost 100% certain.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Couldn't edit my above post, so here it goes:

If I were you, I would do the following:

1) let Leo handle the dogs
    2) get my ass to BKK airport, with a ticket to VTE, travel by train from KK to Hualamphong, take taxi to BKK, settle overstay at the airport and get to VTE by plane.

I understand trying to get to Nong Khai, might seem a lesser risk, but I am not sure if they will allow you to cross over to Laos with an extensive overstay, there is a good chance they tell you to go to the airport and leave that way, so you might as well do that in any case.

Going to KK immigration will get you to Canada, not Laos, that much is almost 100% certain.

No, I think I'll stick with the current plan. I'm simply unwilling to leave either Leo or my dogs behind in this life, so we're all going to Vientaien together.

I actually tried to get Leo to leave me multiple times recently after he cheated on me in Bangkok. He has more than enough money in his bank account to setup a new life for himself, but nope, he was adamant that he's not leaving me, hence I'm not leaving him.

I will not board a plane to Canada without him, simple as that. Again, I made that decision back on Sept 17th, 2016 to be exact. I simply will not leave him behind in this life, and he's quite obviously unwilling to leave me behind either. I'm blind and eccentric, so living with me isn't exactly easy, and I know that. He for some reason has decided to stay by my side though, so I'm not leaving him.

We should be fine at the Laos border. I'll do my best to get things resolved locally here, but nonetheless, I doubt they're going to put me in jail. For one, it's simply a dick move to arrest a blind guy. Plus who the hell wants to take care of a blind guy? Just ask Leo, it's a pain in the ass. It'll be a bit of work again, but I think we should get through to Vientiane without much issue.

Time will tell. Leo's in Vientiane right now hunting down a vacation rental for the next couple months, and I'm working on the immigration issue. Let's see what will happen.

More than my immigration status, I'mn worried about Leo being an idiot. For example, apparently he grabbed a 600 baht/night in hotel, and actually allowed reception to keep his passport. I actually had to explain to him why it's not a good idea to let otherws keep your passport. Had to tell him either get your passport back, or tell them to fuck off, and go find a new hotel.

He doesn't know simple things like that, and I have to trust him with finding a decent home in Vientiane, and not only taking care of myself, but my dogs as well. I'm blind, so I will be totally disorientated for the first 2 - 3 months in Vientiane, and totally dependant on him.