Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal background checks

Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Nice try, but you're trying way to hard. Prose a bit leaden, a bit heavy, hard to wander through.
    'Chiauawia' vs 'Chihuahua' ... but I'll give you the blind thing on that one.

Not much of a rebuttal there Smiles.

But yes, I'm just being blind again. Those small yappy dogs. You know, the ones who think they're really strong, all the while you wonder how far they would fly with a good and solid kick.

Those dogs.

Liked

May wrote.
    "Those small yappy dogs. You know, the ones who think they're really strong, all the while you wonder how far they would fly with a good and solid kick."

You could be describing one of our esteemed members here.

Liked

. . . or, one of this boards most un-esteemed Moderators.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

4. User who gave Like to post:

lonelywombat (March 16th, 2018)

Liked

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Couldn't edit my above post, so here it goes:

If I were you, I would do the following:

1) let Leo handle the dogs
    2) get my ass to BKK airport, with a ticket to VTE, travel by train from KK to Hualamphong, take taxi to BKK, settle overstay at the airport and get to VTE by plane.

I understand trying to get to Nong Khai, might seem a lesser risk, but I am not sure if they will allow you to cross over to Laos with an extensive overstay, there is a good chance they tell you to go to the airport and leave that way, so you might as well do that in any case.

Going to KK immigration will get you to Canada, not Laos, that much is almost 100% certain.

No, I think I'll stick with the current plan. I'm simply unwilling to leave either Leo or my dogs behind in this life, so we're all going to Vientaien together.

I actually tried to get Leo to leave me multiple times recently after he cheated on me in Bangkok. He has more than enough money in his bank account to setup a new life for himself, but nope, he was adamant that he's not leaving me, hence I'm not leaving him.

I will not board a plane to Canada without him, simple as that. Again, I made that decision back on Sept 17th, 2016 to be exact. I simply will not leave him behind in this life, and he's quite obviously unwilling to leave me behind either. I'm blind and eccentric, so living with me isn't exactly easy, and I know that. He for some reason has decided to stay by my side though, so I'm not leaving him.

We should be fine at the Laos border. I'll do my best to get things resolved locally here, but nonetheless, I doubt they're going to put me in jail. For one, it's simply a dick move to arrest a blind guy. Plus who the hell wants to take care of a blind guy? Just ask Leo, it's a pain in the ass. It'll be a bit of work again, but I think we should get through to Vientiane without much issue.

Time will tell. Leo's in Vientiane right now hunting down a vacation rental for the next couple months, and I'm working on the immigration issue. Let's see what will happen.

More than my immigration status, I'mn worried about Leo being an idiot. For example, apparently he grabbed a 600 baht/night in hotel, and actually allowed reception to keep his passport. I actually had to explain to him why it's not a good idea to let otherws keep your passport. Had to tell him either get your passport back, or tell them to fuck off, and go find a new hotel.

He doesn't know simple things like that, and I have to trust him with finding a decent home in Vientiane, and not only taking care of myself, but my dogs as well. I'm blind, so I will be totally disorientated for the first 2 - 3 months in Vientiane, and totally dependant on him.

Liked

Matt, good luck, just realize you are on a massive over stay, so if you go to KK Immigration their obligation is to de-port you (autocorrect bloody insist on changing the word to report, hence the hyphen !)

if they decide to follow normal procedure, you will not have any say, they will put you on a pane heading for Canada, as soon as you buy a ticket and pay the fine, with or without Leo.

That you are blind will probably not make any difference.

Maybe just maybe you will get a lenient treatment, maybe you can cross at FSB I even with a massive over stay, maybe not. Good luck is all I can say.

Liked

Thailand enforces a 500 Baht/day fine for overstaying a visa. ... If you were to overstay by 2 days you can guarantee that you'd be hit with a 1000 baht fine, and so on up to a maximum fine of 20,000 baht. They also stamp your passport with an "overstay" stamp to record the fact that you overstayed.

22 May 2017 ยท Overstaying your visa is illegal. If you overstay for a short period you will have to pay a fine. However, if you overstay for more than 90 days then it is a serious offence and the result will be you are deported from Thailand and banned from visiting again.

The immigration rules state:

if someone overstays for more than 5 years and surrenders himself to the authorities, they are Banned for 10 years.

and if this person is overstayed 1 year and caught in the street by the authorities, they are banned for 10 years.

Last edited by Blacktouch; March 16th, 2018 at 07:50. Reason: More info

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Matt, good luck, just realize you are on a massive over stay, so if you go to KK Immigration their obligation is to de-port you (autocorrect bloody insist on changing the word to report, hence the hyphen !)

if they decide to follow normal procedure, you will not have any say, they will put you on a pane heading for Canada, as soon as you buy a ticket and pay the fine, with or without Leo.

That you are blind will probably not make any difference.

Maybe just maybe you will get a lenient treatment, maybe you can cross at FSB I even with a massive over stay, maybe not. Good luck is all I can say.

Time will tell. I've been living here since 2009, but cleared my overstay once in fall of 2013, which was simple. Paid my 20,000 baht fine at the Nong Khai border, and next day re-entered Thailand with a double entry tourist VISA. However, that was before they put the blacklisting laws into effect, and changed the laws so getting caught on overstay before hitting the border is punishable by 1 year in prison.

I've contacted multiple immigration lawyers and firms, but all say they're unable to help. My initial hope was to find a lawyer who has a "friend" at immigration who can get us across that border without issue for a "fine", but didn't work out. So yesterday I anonymously e-mailed immigration directly, explaining every and requesting leniency based on medical reasons. Just waiting to hear back.

I think it should be fine though. It's not like there isn't tons of Thai citizens currently residing illegally in Canada at the moment, so it's hardly the most egregious of offenses. Could really use a world without borders at the moment, especially since once we get through the headache of getting myself across the broder and a VISA for Laos, then we get to start the headache of getting Leo a VISA for Canada. Pain in the ass, I tell ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwUGSYDKUxU

Liked

Thinking about this, it's actually quite retarded. The only reason for these blacklisting laws is because the military decided to conduct a coup back in 2014, the general decided to self appoint himself as Prime Minister, and has yet to relinquish power and hold elections. He's also a xenophobe who doesn't like foreigners, so pushed congress to put these laws in place.

Can we just treat him the same as the sitting US President, feed him cheesebrugers in bed at night, and tell him not to worry about anything?

No Platformed
    Liked

Don't you have a new passport? What happens if you turn up at the border with just the new passport and play dumb about the lack of an entry stamp?