Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Criminal background checks

Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    ...and you don't think the Laos Immigration keep a record of people refused entry by name, date of birth, place of birth, etc etc?
    Oops, I was going to say the same thing, by asking Matt in my earlier post why he needs a new passport. But thought don't burst his bubble!

People get their passports lost, stolen, damage, out of date and of course think by ordering a new one because they have a "naughty" stamp of some sort in it, so think they can be smart and order a new one to avoid the "naughty stamp mark".

But yes they do have a full record of people they "mark".

Anybody care to elaborate?

Liked

...and you don't think the Laos Immigration keep a record of people refused entry by name, date of birth, place of birth, etc etc?
    And photo as well, I would have thought?

Liked

Refusal of entry != black listing. I'll be fine. More than likely, I would have been fine if I would have just flown from BKK to Vientiane, instead of crossing via land at Nong Khai.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    Thanks for that intimation.

Hence the reason I made this earlier comment in post #291(see below):

"He should go and get a full eye check-up, as (sorry to say this) the medical profession in Western Countries are much move advance than Thailand"

Well, I have that appointment on the 17th, and will take my MRI results and medical records for him to look over. Unless he says something like, "whoa! this doesn't seem right", then that's pretty much it.

Optic nerve damage is a pretty binary thing, either your nerve is damaged or it's not. And assuming it is, then that's it, case closed. No medical facility in the world can fix that.

Besides, at the rate shit happens in Canada, it will probably be 6 months to get a full check up from a professional facility.

Banned
    Liked

Given that in Matt's original report he stated that he ranted for 90 minutes you can bet they've got him well and truly recorded. He claims (as he always does) "why would they record someone denied entry" but ignores the reality of every border crossing involving passports

1. Passport officer enters passport details into computer (1st check)
    2. Passport officer checks visa (2nd check)
    3. Passport officer reviews other entries in passport (3rd check)

Matt was caught at the 3rd check. He's assuming no further notes were added as a result of his behaviour - actually he's assuming the first two checks resulted in no record at all. He's also assuming that his blacklist entry that caused a denial of entry by land would have been overlooked had he arrived by air. I'm sceptical of this claim, especially as his blacklisting was of the most notorious kind. Passport officers must decide on the balance of probabilities whether someone will comply with or over-stay their visa. Matt's passport showed a non-compliance of the most egregious kind, in the country where he had been most recently. They might also require an onwards ticket which in Matt's case certainly could not be a ticket returning him to Bangkok.

Finally, assuming against all the odds Matt gets admitted to Laos on a new passport. He has an accident or gets ill in Vientiane, requiring hospitalisation. Where does he go? Serious cases are, I understand, always shipped by ambulance across the border to Nong Kai or Udon Thani hospital. But Matt is blacklisted from entering Thailand.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bithy (April 12th, 2018), StevieWonders (April 11th, 2018)

Liked

Nothing better to do Davy?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Nothing better to do Davy?
    Hey arsenal!

It’s Davey with an ‘E’ not Davy without an ‘E’
    'Cause Davey with an 'E' goes 'eeeeeee'
    It's 'EY' instead of 'Y',
    It's simple as can be, see, Davey

I'll do it again, just wait and seeeee . . .

Actually, I believe DaveyJonesLocker, gerefan2 and Blacktouch have a point. I too suspect that the Laos immigration authorities may well have kept a record of cdnmatt's blacklisting.

But I hope I am wrong for cndmatt's sake.

Liked

I was being more matey.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    It’s Davey with an ‘E’ not Davy without an ‘E’
    'Cause Davey with an 'E' goes 'eeeeeee'
    It's 'EY' instead of 'Y',
    It's simple as can be, see, Davey
    Dinnae fash yersel Jelly Old Bean. On arsenal I'm reminded of Churchill's famous comment - no, not "he makes you proud to be British" but about Attlee and a taxi. Doubtless you're familiar with it?

Liked

And when Davy attacks me I am reminded of Denis Healy's comment about Geoffrey Howe.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJonesLocker View Post
    Dinnae fash yersel Jelly Old Bean. On arsenal I'm reminded of Churchill's famous comment - no, not "he makes you proud to be British" but about Attlee and a taxi. Doubtless you're familiar with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    And when Davy attacks me I am reminded of Denis Healy's comment about Geoffrey Howe.
    Before anyone asks, and for the sake of clarity, I can confirm I am familiar with both comments.

And gentlemen, do not forget there is a large selection of folderol synonyms available on the, Best information site topic at post #14, should you need to use them.

But do kindly bear in mind this topic is primarily about the plight of cndmatt, now stuck in the Dominion of Canada and Leo lanquishing in the Lao People's Democratic Republic.

I fear we have not yet heard the last of this storyline, so let's stick to it without further detours or detrailing sub-plots. My estimate is that we have at least two more seasons of 13 episodes to go before the series finale. But please don't quote me on it.

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 21st, 2018)