Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal background checks

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Ummm, nothing? They're kids, I'm not going to hurt them you idiot.
    Obviously you don't understand how these NGOs work. They will see a single Western man living with a group of kids and assume you are up to no good. They will not investigate you. They will not ask you questions. They will just assume you are guilty (in their eyes). They will then go chat to the local Lao police. The local police are the ones who will pay you a visit, or two, or three. And remember, the police don't want to be seen to be making a mistake in the eyes of the NGO

Liked

. . . He says he's coming back tomorrow. If he shows up saying, "hey honey, I got keys to a new house and it only cost me 300,00 baht", I'm going to be livid . . .
    So you were “livid” cdnmatt. Now, that’s a word I associate from a bygone era and can imagine the British actor, raconteur and diarist, Kenneth Williams, in one of the 1960s Carry On films saying . . .

Ooooh . . . I was livid, absolutely livid I was!

And, to be honest, this saga of yours is turning out to be a right old carry on, so your use of the word ‘livid’ seems entirely apposite* in the circumstances.

*I thought perhaps we should keep this word in the limelight whilst its originator is currently sitting on the naughty step.

Liked

Naughty Jellybean. Waving red flags to antagonise the bull. An Aberdeen Angus in this case.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Naughty Jellybean. Waving red flags to antagonise the bull. An Aberdeen Angus in this case.
    Oh No! You know you’re in deep doo-doo when they threaten to release the Aberdeen Angus*. In past years they released the Kraken, now they’ve upped the ante. Between you and me dear reader, I blame all this on scottish-guy, (well, you’ve got to blame someone) for this escalation in the degree of punishments ‘they’ mete out. If only he’d kept his trap shut, eh?

Now let think about this. I had better take some sensible security precautions while attending Thursday’s Sunee Plaza Meatloaf Club dinner. I’ll have to be on the lookout for any suspicious characters lurking around the food area. You never know, 'they' might attempt to put some Aberdeen Angus* in my meatloaf. You can’t be too careful these days, look what happened in sleepy Salisbury of all places!

Sorry to have gone slightly off topic cndmatt, but look on the bright side, I've bumped your topic to the top of the page.

And while on the subject of meatloaf, may I ask, have you ever cooked meatloaf for Leo from Laos? I understand from my cousins in Canada that meatloaf is a firm favourite with Canadians. So now might be the time to get Leo adjusted to the taste. Just a thought.

*Aberdeen Angus a synonym for a nerve agent according to SIS at ‘the circus’ in London. [Now how’s that for being topical?]
    Last edited by christianpfc; March 20th, 2018 at 18:48. Reason: author's request

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 20th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly Bean
    And while on the subject of meatloaf, may I ask, have you ever cooked Leo from Laos meatloaf? I understand from my cousins in Canada that meatloaf is a firm favourite with Canadians. So now might be the time to get Leo adjusted to the taste.

Oops Jelly Bean, ya got it all wrong mate.
    Canadians are much more sophisticated than that: we go for the exquisite 'Livid Loaf' much more often than the lower-proletarian ground beef option. See, that's what happens immediately once you start reading a cdnmatt post ... your social status has nowhere to go but down.
    Soon you'll be donating large amounts to the 'Thailand Loves The Blind Society', aka 'TLTBS', also aka 'BS'. (Coincidently run by a hard-to-find farang in Khoen Kaen). Strange that.

Anyway, I see you are enjoying yourself. Carry on.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Hmm matty boy hasn't even replied today, they haven't banged him up already ?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Hmm matty boy hasn't even replied today, they haven't banged him up already ?

Nope, still here and doing fine. Got a house secured for 3 months I guess, so I'm happy with that.

Just a couple last final preperations to take care of, and we're out the door to Vientiane.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just a couple last final preperations to take care of, and we're out the door to Vientiane.

So I guess we won’t be seeing you here any more on Sawatdee Gay THAILAND? Byeee.

10. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (March 21st, 2018)

Liked

Nope, still here and doing fine. Got a house secured for 3 months I guess, so I'm happy with that.

By all means, keep us posted

Liked

Yes, please keep us all updated. Interesting story!