Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Criminal background checks

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    My underline. Contradicts everything I have experienced and heard from friends.
    ChristianPFC says: after several years of being boyfriend with a Thai boy (and buying several mobile phones, motorbikes, cars, houses for boy and his friends and family, depending on their greediness and your financial means), you will get a status above that of the family dog.
    ChristianPFC can say what he likes, dramatic effect or not, although I agree with the exaggerated element you raise a good point on perceived Thai>farang relationships....but I'm pretty sure your underlying feeling is as per your original text.........and so it's pretty clear and probably stating the bleeding obvious to say that It does not depend on 'their' greediness and your financial means....it depends just how stupid, gullible and foolish you or the person involved are to let themselves attain the status just above the family dog by voluntarily giving these things to somebody who does not appreciate, deserve or earn them. To develop a relationship with a person of that ilk and be oblivious to the fact one is being taken for a fool or in a one-way only relationship is bad enough but to then carry on developing that useless one-way relationship and voluntarily hand over all this money, phones, motorbikes etc. you can only blame yourself not the 'Thai boy' who you allow to take advantage of you. I mean these Thai boys don't take or steal these things from gullible farangs, they are given them. If you have a relationship with somebody who regards you next to the family dog then that's your lookout, there are Thai boys 'out there' who are perfectly genuine, normal people who give and take as should be expected in a relationship.

Many things other people/farangs experience in Thailand contradict your experiences as at times you are, by your own admission as per your blog, woefully naïve, despite your fluency in the language and many years experience. I have heard such stories as you state above too, but I have also experienced and heard from people who have not fallen into that trap, I doubt the two members here who are most open about their lives in Thailand than the rest of us.....namely smiles and **cdnmatt would consider themselves to be, nor indeed are, only the next rung up from the family dog.

**Apologies to those who have yet to come around to accepting that cdnmatt is genuine/authentic.

Your further post since I started my reply regarding visa for overstay and quarantine for dogs are good points...however this a cdnmatt story and This Is Thailand.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (March 26th, 2018), snotface (March 25th, 2018), Tintin (March 26th, 2018)