Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal background checks

Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Yes, it sounds like a horrible experience you've been through Matt and I hope you can work something out. Keep your chin up, as we English say.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (March 30th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Sorry to hear that Matt. I hope you find a way to make the best of it going forward.

Well, I'm fine, and Leo's fine. I'm no longer in IDC, so I'm happy. WThere's about 100 people per-room there, so while there I met quite a few people who have been there for 6+ months, and heard many stories about people being there for years because they can't afford a flight out, and have no friends ir family to help. Thankfully, I was out right away.

Leeo's fine, although a little lost as to what to do, and a little worried that I will just forget him and stay in Canada. I think he knows not to worry about it though.

Now my dogs on the other hand I'm worried sick about. Will get Leo another chunk of money in the next few days, he can rent another house, pick up the dogs and move with them there. As long as their under Leo's care, then I'll be happy, and we can work on the rest. They're terrified I'm sure, and have no clue what just happened.

I guess get fucked if you ever think I'm getting them into a carrier cage again.

Liked

Right Matt, so you already got your story mixed up. If the Lao were so uptight about overstaying how did you obtain your visa at the KK consulate, as you claimed you already obtain said visa. Surely the consulate staff there would have noticed you were already on an extensive overstay.

In any case, you have been warned about the consequences of your extensive overstay, and that you would most likely end up in Canada.

On the one hand I feel sorry for you (providing all of this is indeed true) on the other hand, it IS your own fault. Overstaying by a few days or so can happen, overstaying with a few years, is simply taking the Mickey. AND you had plenty of warning to get legit again, just about 1.5 years ago, you could have walked through that border, with the 20K fine and returned with a proper visa, and yes many people have done so at the time. You failed to do so, and are now blacklisted.

Good luck with the dogs and Leo, providing your story is true. Forgive me if I am very very sceptical about all of this.

As to proof, all it would take is a copy of the blacklist stamp you received in your passport.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Sorry to hear that Matt. I hope you find a way to make the best of it going forward.
    I too am sorry to hear that things went so badly wrong, cdnmatt. I hope it will not be too long before you and Leo are reunited.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (March 30th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If you are a believer, then a friendly, non-judgmental request to Matt for clarification of perceived discrepancies would not be out of order and would almost always be answered without delay.

If you are a non-believer, then Matt's tales should be treated simply as fiction, and as with any fictional work, it is not appropriate to interrogate the writer or accuse him of a lack of candor. Matt may be guilty of ill advised decisions, and his tales may be imaginary, but there is no requirement that any poster always be truthful.

Recalling the late and non-lamented Beachlover persona: when he lost all credibility he simply decamped rather than admit any type of malfeasance. Matt, however, is still with us, despite the treatment he has received. Perhaps that says something about his veracity?

Matt is what he is, or whatever you want to make of him.

He's not mainstream, and he may be swimming upstream against the current, but that's his freedom to choose. IMHO.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (March 31st, 2018)

Liked

I thought Matt had paid the rent for the house in Lao for 3 months in advance?

So why don't Leo stay there with the dogs?
    Last edited by Blacktouch; March 30th, 2018 at 22:38. Reason: Add more

Liked

Well, not sure what you want me to do. No problem really posting the blacklisting stamp, but I can't. Even if I knew what page the stamp was on, I'd have to take a photo of it with my phone, and somehow e-mail that photo to myself. There's no way I'll be able to do that. Leo usually does that kind of thing for me, and I'm not asking my parents for help with that.

Again, if Moses wants, he has my permission to confirm that I am indeed now posting from a residential Canadian IP address from an ISP.

Anyone by chance curious as to what IDC is like, or waste of time writing a description? It sucks quite badly, but honestly isn't as horrible as those reports from Amnesty International make it out to be saying it's cruel and inhumane. It sucks, but by no means is that inhumane.

Liked

Matt's post #137 quote:
    [Nope, still here and doing fine. Got a house secured for 3 months I guess, so I'm happy with that.

Just a couple last final preperations to take care of, and we're out the door to Vientiane.]

So what's happend to that house which was paid for 3 months in advance?

Liked

Also Matt's post #158

[Well, Sunday is the big day. House owner in Vientiane works during the week, so wants to do it Sunday. They changed their mind though, and want 6 months upfront, but I guess no damage deposit. We talked to her, and agreed 3 months upon arrival, then a week or two later, we'll pay the remaining 3 months, once we have some time to live in the house, and ensure things like hot water and A/Cs are working, the foundation isn't fucked, the area is decent, the roof doesn't leak, electric doesn't go out because you have too many lights on, etc.]

So has the 3 months upfront been cancelled?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    I thought Matt had paid the rent for the house in Lao for 3 months in advance?

So why don't Leo stay there with the dogs?

No, we didn't pay, just had a verbal agreement. We were going to pay that morning upon arrival, in exchange for the keys. That's why we waited until Sunday to move -- it was more conenient for the house owner, as she works during the week.

That must have been a weird phone call.

Leo: Hi
    Owner: Hi, are you almost here?
    Leo: No, I'm in jail in Nong Khai right now.
    Owner: What?!?