Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal background checks

Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Well we're not sure of Matt's current whereabouts. Personally I think he does the board a tremendous service with his posts for a number of reasons. I think of his threads as like the ubiquitous bar/pub in soap operas. A place where characters can meet and talk without spoiling other storylines.
    Well he has not posted in days and everybody is still talking about him. Must be very interesting story to a lot of people?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The photo of Matt & Leo:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ght=matt+photo

November 19th, 2017, 03:16

Post # 25

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    The photo of Matt & Leo:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ght=matt+photo

November 19th, 2017, 03:16

Post # 25
    Many thanks. I've seen it. Always nice to put a face photo to the name!

Liked

Well, just recently arrived at my parent's house in Canada. Fuck!

Got banged up for a few days, 2 nights at a Nong Khai holding center, then 3 nights at the IDC before being deported. Damn, this sucks. Got out of Thailand without any issue. Simply paid my 20,000 baht, got blacklisted for 5 years, and we were out the door within minutes without issue.

Problem occurred at the Laos border. They wouldn't allow me entry, due to that blacklisting stamp. I guess when Thailand imposed that new blacklisting laws, Laos also changed their immigration rules and no longer allow entry via land to anyone with a blacklist stamp from Thailand. The Laos border refused to allow entry, even after 100,000 baht, and after about a 90 minute outburst from me, we were forced to go back to Nong Khai. Sure enough, since I was already blacklisted I was immediately detained.

Then sure enough, upon arrival in Canada I get pulled into secondary for a 3 hour interview and search by customs.

Anyway, dogs are with some Laos stransger, I think Leo is still in Bangkok but uncertain. Not sure what his short-term plans currently are, but I'm working at getting all four of us back together. If anyone wants details about IDC or anything, just let me know.

Liked

Matt you now lost me. You were banged up on Sunday and Monday in Nong Khai, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at the idc, and on Friday afternoon you are already in Canada, not possible. Unless you didn't really spend Thursday night at the IDC.

Your story seems like a stick up, why would the Lao care that you have a blacklisting from Thailand ?

In any case, many posts again I suggested you have a ticket out to Canada ready, and sure enough that's where you ended up, at least if you can be believed, which seems less and less likely.

Liked

Oh sorry, screwed up. Ok, if you want an exact timeline:

- Departed Khon Kaen about 7am.
    - Got to border around 9am, 10 mins to exit Thailand.
    - Denied entry at Laos, 90 mins og me throwing a fit, and we go back to Nong Khai where I'm arrested.
    - By around 2pm we're all checked into the holding cell at Nong Khai. Leo was nice enough to come with me, and the police were nice enough to allow him as they were worried about me too. Was actually really nice. Huge room, just Leo and myself, nice comfortable mattresses (well, for a jail), pillows, large fan, TV, etc.

- Spent one night there, and all of the next day. That night we (myself, Leo, and police guy) drove to Udon Thani, and took a plane down to Bangkok where I was checked into IDC. Was checked in around midnight, and spent first night in room A14.

- Next morning, fingerprinted again, and moved to room 7, a more permanent unit. Spent that all day, that night, and most of next day. One the second day around 6pm I was pulled out and told I'm going home.

- They dragged about 30 of us out of our rooms, and put us into a small holding cell outside for the night. Around 4am the next morninng, military came and grabbed us all and transported us to BKK.

- I was on an airplane to Seoul at 9:20am that morning. 60 min layover, then off to Vancouver.

Now I'm here.

Liked

If wanted, Moses or one of the mods is welcome to confirm that I'm nhow posting from a Canadian IP address.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Your story seems like a stick up, why would the Lao care that you have a blacklisting from Thailand ?
    I've heard lots of places will deny entry if they see a blacklisting stamp from another country in the passport. I went to Hong Kong once with a Thai guy who had a "denied visa" stamp in his passport from the Canadian Embassy. He was denied entry to Hong Kong

Liked

Oh, and to answer the question. Prior to the blacklisting laws, 98% of people coming across that Nong Khai border with a large overstay were simply there to spend a couple days in Laos, get a tourist VISA, then return to Thailand, so no worries about them.

However, now they can't return to Thailand, so where are they going to stay? Right, most likely just overstay in Laos, same as they did Thailand. That's why Laos obviously cares.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Sorry to hear that Matt. I hope you find a way to make the best of it going forward.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (March 30th, 2018)