Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal background checks

Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Have no fear Neddy. At the last minute Cndmatt will dredge up one more excuse (he has a list of necessary excuses which cover a host of scenarios) to delay for 'something-has-come-up' and "we'll have to stay just a few months more". It has happended twice this year already, and number three is closing in.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 25th, 2018)

Liked

Which police station is responsible for what? I learnt the answer to this question in 2013 when I reported my passport stolen during Songkran. My local police station sent me to Silom, because that is where the theft took place. However Silom road is the border between police districts, so the first police station asked me if my passport was stolen on the right side or the left side of Silom road, because then I would have to report it to the other police station. Yes, I'm absolutely sure it was stolen on the right side, in your police district!

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    And no, I'm not going back to Canada without Leo. I decided that on September 17th, 2016 to be exact. That's when I was in the hospital just upon going blind, Leo and myself didn't really even know each other at the time, but for some reason he did a u-turn at that Laos border and came back to take care of me instead of going to visit his family and friends.
    My underline. Contradicts everything I have experienced and heard from friends.
    ChristianPFC says: after several years of being boyfriend with a Thai boy (and buying several mobile phones, motorbikes, cars, houses for boy and his friends and family, depending on their greediness and your financial means), you will get a status above that of the family dog.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Which police station is responsible for what? I learnt the answer to this question in 2013 when I reported my passport stolen during Songkran. My local police station sent me to Silom, because that is where the theft took place. However Silom road is the border between police districts, so the first police station asked me if my passport was stolen on the right side or the left side of Silom road, because then I would have to report it to the other police station. Yes, I'm absolutely sure it was stolen on the right side, in your police district!

ChristianPFC says: after several years of being boyfriend with a Thai boy (and buying several mobile phones, motorbikes, cars, houses for boy and his friends and family, depending on their greediness and your financial means), you will get a status above that of the family dog.
    Leo is not Thai, he is Lao, but granted, after being with a Lao guy for 14 years, and having had an affair with two more, I think the difference is not all that much.

However, the family of the boyfriend of 14 years most definitely is not what you describe, they are not at all greedy, and I have Always been welcomed by pretty much everyone that visits the house from time to time. And by the rest of the family, including the part that now lives in Buriram.

From the beginning I told my boyfriend, I love your family, but won't support them, and that works out nicely, as my boyfriend works, so has his own income, he can take care of his family as much as he wants (within limits), I give them the odd 5000 baht when I visit twice a year, and that is it.

Liked

My above comment was exaggerated for dramatic effect.

I somehow missed this thread when it was opened, and after reading all of it now I wish I had missed it again.

For those with too much time on their hands:
    Will Lao embassy (?) or consulate (?) in Khon Kaen issue a visa for a person who is on overstay in Thailand?
    Is there any animal quarantine for taking dogs from Thailand to Lao?

6. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (March 26th, 2018)

Liked

ChristianPFC can say what he likes, dramatic effect or not, although I agree with the exaggerated element you raise a good point on perceived Thai>farang relationships....but I'm pretty sure your underlying feeling is as per your original text.........and so it's pretty clear and probably stating the bleeding obvious to say that It does not depend on 'their' greediness and your financial means....it depends just how stupid, gullible and foolish you or the person involved are to let themselves attain the status just above the family dog by voluntarily giving these things to somebody who does not appreciate, deserve or earn them. To develop a relationship with a person of that ilk and be oblivious to the fact one is being taken for a fool or in a one-way only relationship is bad enough but to then carry on developing that useless one-way relationship and voluntarily hand over all this money, phones, motorbikes etc. you can only blame yourself not the 'Thai boy' who you allow to take advantage of you. I mean these Thai boys don't take or steal these things from gullible farangs, they are given them. If you have a relationship with somebody who regards you next to the family dog then that's your lookout, there are Thai boys 'out there' who are perfectly genuine, normal people who give and take as should be expected in a relationship.

Many things other people/farangs experience in Thailand contradict your experiences as at times you are, by your own admission as per your blog, woefully naïve, despite your fluency in the language and many years experience. I have heard such stories as you state above too, but I have also experienced and heard from people who have not fallen into that trap, I doubt the two members here who are most open about their lives in Thailand than the rest of us.....namely smiles and **cdnmatt would consider themselves to be, nor indeed are, only the next rung up from the family dog.

**Apologies to those who have yet to come around to accepting that cdnmatt is genuine/authentic.

Your further post since I started my reply regarding visa for overstay and quarantine for dogs are good points...however this a cdnmatt story and This Is Thailand.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (March 26th, 2018), snotface (March 25th, 2018), Tintin (March 26th, 2018)

Liked

I somehow missed this thread when it was opened, and after reading all of it now I wish I had missed it again.

Will Lao embassy (?) or consulate (?) in Khon Kaen issue a visa for a person who is on overstay in Thailand?
    I have lived in KK for going on 10 years. YES - the Laos embassy here issues a visa to their country even if the person is on overstay status. While I never have, and never will, overstay my visa, many others I know have. It is quite common to get a visa at the Laos consulate here (it is a very friendly place actually) and then head off to Laos. So - you are wrong on that account. In addition - many people take their pets across the border. In facts, loads of Australians and Europeans work in Laos. They regularly go back and forth with their family and pets in tow - no quarantine. That is beside the point, however, because I wonder why you care? Why are trying to nit pick at everything that Matt is doing? He has lived here in KK for years. I personally know him, and so do many other people in the community - straight and gay. What is your beef with him? Have you met him? Get a life -

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (March 26th, 2018), christianpfc (April 3rd, 2018), Tintin (March 26th, 2018)

Liked

Hey kkjason don't be so rude - if people here got a life the forum would shut

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (March 26th, 2018), dinagam (March 26th, 2018), StevieWonders (March 26th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kkjason View Post
    I personally know him, and so do many other people in the community - straight and gay.
    This appears to be unsolicited and unimpeachable evidence that Matt exists, no matter how much his tales beggar belief. Just have to accept the fact that he is on his own, quite idiosyncratic path in life.

Liked

They don't really care, that should not be their problem really. KK has a consulate, not an embassy. And you would be surprised at how many laissez passez they issue. half of the Lao in Thailand suddenly loose their passports

Liked

Well let's just hope their bowels aren't as "loose" as their passports

16. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 3rd, 2018)