Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal background checks

Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Should be no problem to find someone willing to go all the way from KK to VTE. For the right price that is. Getting the car across to Lao should be no problem except for a 200 baht fee. I would worry about the dogs, but I guess that will be fine as well.

In case you don't find one, there is a 20 baht bus that will take you across the border, just arrive at a time when it is not busy, and you and the dogs will fit right in the bus

On the other side, drive a hard bargain, those taxi drivers would love to quote you upwards 800 baht, settle for 300-400, unless you live out in the sticks.

Oh and don't worry, you won't be walking across the border, you are not allowed to cross FSB1 by foot, you HAVE to take the bus or a car.

Liked

We changed his mind, and he'll exit Thailand and go all the way to the Laos border. He's unwilling to enter Laos and take us to our house though, because they drive on the opposite side of the road in Laos.

Maybe we can convince him to just drive us through the Laos border, and dump us just after it. Then he can turn around and head back home to Thailand, and we'll figure it out from there. That would be a huge help, because I'm not looking forward to packing the dogs and everything.

No, bus is off limits. Those carrier cages are huge, and my dogs aren't exactly small either.

At least I had some excellent, "maybe I will go to prison soon" sex, so that was pretty cool. Not too worried about that anymore though. We talked with Thai immigration, and they promised I wouldn't be detained. Basically just said pay the 20,000 fine, and fuck off. Then I already have the Laos tourist VISA in my passport, so should be fine.

Liked

I'm getting way too old for this shit. I look at tons of extremely successful folks like say John Oliver or Steven Colbert or Trevor Noah (yes, I watch lots of late night comedy -- it's one of the things you don't need vision for), and here I am wondering, "gee, how do I get across the Mekong?".

Fuck me.

Anyway, Leo is back to sleeping, and I still have a whole lot of cleaning to do before the driver arrives in about 5 hours. Still no idea why Leo decided 4am was a good time to head out, but whatever. He says it's to keep the dogs cool, but I'm preety sure it's because he's just so excited that it's temporarily turned him into a complete moron, to the point I'm glad he's sleeping and not bugging me. I'll just take care of everything. That's easier.

Liked

PS. Pizza from The Pizza Company is really horrible food. Not only is it unhealthy for you, it just simply sucks.

Who the fuck in their right mind would ever consider that a good meal? Went from chicken roulard last night, to Pizza Company tonight.

It's such horrible garbage, the dogs don't even eat it, and they eat everything.

Liked

Just catching up with your latest developments CdnM. Best of luck with your re-location and hope Thai Immigration keep to their word, though Bt20,000 to share around almost guarantees it. You certainly have made the best of your situation and despite the enjoyment I get from being in Thailand and South East Asia I don't envy your current position one bit. You've certainly battled strongly in the face of so many trials and tribulations, especially with your disability. With the twists and turns over the last year I can understand those here who are sceptical about your whole 'thing' but I've never doubted the fact that your life as you describe it to be completely authentic, there's just too many small details about your daily life for it not to be. Also, and this is getting about as weird as your journey, I'm having to agree with the comments of Scottish-guy yet-again, that's twice this decade! about how well you 'suck-up' the negative, cynical comments especially given the obstacles you have had to face along the way.

But despite many being in the range from 'sceptical to total disbelief' they seem to still be interested in this apparently fantasy journey and life to keep reading, and not only that continue to comment and respond as if responding to someone who is indeed genuine. If I didn't believe in you or your posts I simply would pass-by without a second look or response.

Disappointed that I missed my chance to meet up with you in Khon Kaen, if for nothing more then to shut Christian pfc up as he continues to sulk at your snubbing of him, my fault of course,and ironically we have plans on my next low season trip in June to spend a longer time in Issan and no doubt would have had spare time to catch up in Khon Kaen which we do really like to visit and occasionally stay over. We've only made the trip to Laos 3 times in my time with bf, driving to Nong Khai leaving the pick-up there and negotiating a vehicle on the Laos side to take us to Ventianne, lovely place as is Nong Khai. It's about 5 years since our last visit there and apart from the driving on right we didn't notice that much of a difference between Issan and Ventianne, though it was only for a full day each time. We used baht (got kip back sometimes), spoke Issan/Laos, ate Issan food etc.. and either side of the Mehkong the river banks offer great views.

Look forward to hearing about a totally successful re-location......but somehow........

6. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (March 25th, 2018)

Liked

Well Newalaan, you're one of the VERY few members I'd be more than happy to meet, and have a beer / dinner with. If you're ever in Vientiane, drop me a line.

Anyway, driver should be here any minute, house is clean as a whistle, so off we go. Good, because I'm tried, although highly doubt I'll be able to sleep. Will probably crash for about 16 hours once I get settled into Vientiane out of relief.

I don't really mind the trials and tribulations that have come with my life. Keeps you down to earth, and keeps you reminded of what's important in life. One of the reasons Leo and myself get along so well. His life hasn't exactly been easy, and his past constantly reminds him of what's important, so I never have to worry too much about him getting too out of line.

Anyway, wish us luck. Driver should be here any minute.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I'm getting way too old for this shit. I look at tons of extremely successful folks like say John Oliver or Steven Colbert or Trevor Noah (yes, I watch lots of late night comedy -- it's one of the things you don't need vision for), and here I am wondering, "gee, how do I get across the Mekong?".

Fuck me.

Anyway, Leo is back to sleeping, and I still have a whole lot of cleaning to do before the driver arrives in about 5 hours. Still no idea why Leo decided 4am was a good time to head out, but whatever. He says it's to keep the dogs cool, but I'm preety sure it's because he's just so excited that it's temporarily turned him into a complete moron, to the point I'm glad he's sleeping and not bugging me. I'll just take care of everything. That's easier.
    4 am ? what's the rush, on a weekday that would be utterly crazy, as the border opens at 8 am and it is really busy at that time, much better to arrive at Nong Khai around noon, not many people around at that time, and it still gets you to Vientiane at around 1, 1.30 pm.

Liked

Oh fuck, the border doesn't open until 8am? Great....

Just bitched about it to Leo, and sure enough, he confirmed that it doesn't open until 8am. For some unknown retarded reason, he still decided 4am was a good time to leave.

Then we got into a small argument about how long it takes to travel 170km down the highway. He says everything will be fine, and I tell him my dogs are going to be stuck in carrier cages in the sun for 2 hours longer than they need to be.

What an asshole... he's great at love, compassion and empathy, but sucks at logisitcs.

Liked

Ok, pickup time pushed back by one hour until 5am, so better.

Liked

Oh, the tension!!
    ..........and that's the way it is.

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 25th, 2018)