Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal background checks

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    For the Moderator: Once Matt is settled in Laos will there be a new Forum called Gay Laos where he will post? Or maybe you could have one called Matt's Fantasy Island?There will be several storylines that I can predict:
    1. Matt makes it into Laos
    2. Setting up house
    3. Adopting the kids

4. Getting a visa for Leo to visa Canada
    5. Leo is unfaithful again
    6. Getting rid of the adopted kids so Leo is free to go to Canada
    Stevie
    You forgot I mentioned exactly the same thing in my post number 138. And you gave me a like for it.

That’s the only response I got from anyone including matt, the mods, or the owner of the board.

What you need to remember is that Matts bullshit produces hits and therefore money.

That’s why the mods will never do anyhting to stop it. The owner must love it.

Just look at the length of this daft thread ....what’s it got to do with Thailand? Get it?

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (March 22nd, 2018), francois (March 22nd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Screen reader. You would be surprised what blind people can do on a computer using a few simple tools. I develop a trainer for a big sandbox game, and whilst developing this trainer, I have added code that makes it compatible with a screen reader, so that blind people can actually not only play the game, but can use all the menu options the trainer provided. Pretty impressive stuff. People apparently adapt pretty well at being or getting blind.
    Thanks for the info and for the time in replying

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Davey612 View Post
    Thanks for the info and for the time in replying
    \
    Sorry for being a bit of a dick there in the previous post, but yes, as justaguy said, screen reader. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFPtxCDUPqs

Something like that at least. Main difference I think is, as I'm assuming is the norm with all blind people, my screen reader is at 100% rate, so talks about 50 times faster than that.

But yeah, blind people can use the internet just fine. Some web sites are a pain depending on how extensively things like Javascript is used, but for the most part it's fine. Takes a bit of time to figure out how a site is formatted, but as long as sites use proper HTML tags, and don't go too heavy and replace every standard HTML tag with a "div" or "span", then it's really not that bad.

I would imagine it must be a bit more difficult for non software developers to browse the internet though. Knowing HTML is basically a requirement of browsing the internet blind. Knowing what the code of the page looks like is far more important than what the actual page looks like.

Liked

Matt, you have my admiration for trying to be reasonable with a bunch of people who call you a fake. I certainly couldn't be.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (March 22nd, 2018), snotface (March 22nd, 2018), Tintin (March 23rd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Well Mr Wonders. An interesting thing. You joined this month and of your 15 posts so far 8 of them have been trolling Matt. If that's what you're selling then we're already very well stocked up on that. Thank you for calling.
    a steveboy was just banned for trolling Bay Thailand forum. Coincidence?
    http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/to...se-boys/page-3

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Whilst I generally agree with you, the swimming across the Mekhong is now out of the window, he is hoping to normally cross the border at FSB1.

No idea what FSB1 is, but yes, the Nong Khai border. I've already been promised by Thai immigration I will not be detained, which was my only real worry. Just pay my 20,000 baht at the border, get blacklisted, and accept the fact I can't return to Thailand for a long time.

Then we've already obtained me a visitor VISA for Laos at their local embassy here in Khon Kaen.

Plus I have a 1 year business VISA already lined up for me in Laos. $600 USD, multiple entry, takes about 25 days, then we have to leave the country and return. I'm thinking either Gong Kong to incorporate and finally get bank accounts again from HSBC, or a trip to Siam Reap to check out the temples,

Another of those really expensive months. Can't say I'm looking forward to it. I really need to get off my ass, and start making better money.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (March 23rd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    No idea what FSB1 is, but yes, the Nong Khai border. I've already been promised by Thai immigration I will not be detained, which was my only real worry. Just pay my 20,000 baht at the border, get blacklisted, and accept the fact I can't return to Thailand for a long time.

Then we've already obtained me a visitor VISA for Laos at their local embassy here in Khon Kaen.

Plus I have a 1 year business VISA already lined up for me in Laos. $600 USD, multiple entry, takes about 25 days, then we have to leave the country and return. I'm thinking either Gong Kong to incorporate and finally get bank accounts again from HSBC, or a trip to Siam Reap to check out the temples,

Another of those really expensive months. Can't say I'm looking forward to it. I really need to get off my ass, and start making better money.
    You are extremely lucky, good to hear. FSB1=friendship bridge 1, which is the bridge at Nong Khai. Lao immigration is using the FSB abbreviation to refer to the four bridges over the Mekhong. FSB2 = Mukdahan-Savan, FSB3=Nakhom Phanom-Tha Kaek and FSB4 is the one up north.

You could have gotten the visitor visa right at FSB1, same price takes all but 10 minutes. As to leaving the country, yeah, going to use Thailand as a visa run country is out if you get blacklisted, so that will force you to fly (unless you like really really long bus trips).

11. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (March 23rd, 2018)

Liked

Yeah, I know you can get a tourist VISA at the Laos border, but was just a little worried they may consider me an undesirable, and not allow me entry. That's why I just got one here locally, so I can tick off another one of the 1200 worries I have.

Well, Sunday is the big day. House owner in Vientiane works during the week, so wants to do it Sunday. They changed their mind though, and want 6 months upfront, but I guess no damage deposit. We talked to her, and agreed 3 months upon arrival, then a week or two later, we'll pay the remaining 3 months, once we have some time to live in the house, and ensure things like hot water and A/Cs are working, the foundation isn't fucked, the area is decent, the roof doesn't leak, electric doesn't go out because you have too many lights on, etc.

Liked

Maybe I'm just getting old and losing my sense of adventure, but this seems like a really stupid idea. I was unable to find us a ride, so Leo got tasked with the job. I was very clear that we need someone who was willing to go through the border, all the way to our new house in Vientiane.

Sure enough, he found someone willing to dump us at the Nong Khai border. For fuck sakes. Those carrier cages are about 30kg each, plus the dogs are about 30kg each. That's about 120kg of dogs. Okys all of our clothes, computers, etc. Not to mention, how do we even get the carrier cages through the border? They won't fit through those walk-through lanes as they're too big.

So now instead of finding one ride, we now need to find three. One to Nong Khai that we have, then one across the bridge, then one after the Laos border. Then for some unknown reason we're leaving at 4am. Not sure why, but whatever, let's go for it!

Not to mention, I only have one free hand. I can't walk without my stick.
    Last edited by cdnmatt; March 24th, 2018 at 09:01.

Liked

Jesus christ, do we ever have a lot of crap to pack with us. I have one duffel bag of clotes, Leo will have 2 backpacks full, 3 laptops, 120kg of dogs, 1 backpack for the dogs, four large plastic bowls for the dogs, a large plastic container of dry dog food, a guitar, and who knows what else will get added.

We're actually going to walk across two borders packing all of this with us. Thank fuck I'm blind, so I won't be able to see all the weird looks coming our way.

My neighbor should be quite happy tonight though. We have two large plastic containers full of stuff for her as a gift basket.

15. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (March 24th, 2018)