Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal background checks

Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Surreal.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

Don't worry, I'm good at things like this. For example, technically I should have never been granted a passport, but I somehow convinced the Canadian government to give me one. I didn't have photo ID, plus used my parents as a guarantor, but I still got a passport. I'll figure out some way to get across that Nong Khai border with myself and my dogs intact.
    Right!
    Things are so much easier in the fictional world.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (March 19th, 2018), catawampuscat (March 19th, 2018), francois (March 19th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Surreal.
    I think it goes beyond "surreal". How about phantasmagoric ?

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 25th, 2018)

Liked

Matt's Post # 99
    Oh no, trust is an absolutely non-issue if that's what you're implying. I trust him 100% with my life, and never question his motivations. That's a complete non-issue.

Matt's Post # 114
    I would absolutely love to be a foster parent, but don't really want it anymore. After Leo cheated on me with that farang in Bangkok, I no longer trust him 100%.

This story changes by the hour

Liked

MATT:
    [QUOTE=cdnmatt;238664]No, getting him permanent residency status is by no means easier. I know, I was able to get my first husband who was Hungarian approved for PR status. It took about 18 months, 6 inches of documentation, and around $8000.

You do realise Matt, that you can't get PR for an unlimited number of husbands - depending on your whims? Aren't there enough people living on the public purse in Canada, without you bringing in more? Who will it be after Leo?

8. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

[QUOTE=mr giggles;238697]MATT:
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    No, getting him permanent residency status is by no means easier. I know, I was able to get my first husband who was Hungarian approved for PR status. It took about 18 months, 6 inches of documentation, and around $8000.

You do realise Matt, that you can't get PR for an unlimited number of husbands - depending on your whims? Aren't there enough people living on the public purse in Canada, without you bringing in more? Who will it be after Leo?

No, my first husband is in Budapest. He's not allowed back in Canada, because he didn't reside there 2 out of every 5 years, effectively flushing his PR status down the toilet.

Getting Leo PR status isn't really on the table at the moment. I'll get him a visitor VISA first, so we can go visit my family, and we'll just see how to takes to Canadian society. I'm 50/50 on it, as to whether he'll like Canada, or breath a huge sigh of relief upon getting back to Asia. It's his life dream to visit Canada though, plus I want to see my family, so I'll take him. Besides, I need his eyes to travel like that.

If he does like it, we'll see about getting him enrolled at a university there, most likely in Toronto. He'll probably have to take a couple years at adult high school to get a GED, but nothing that's impossible. First though, he needs to advance his English, which we're working on.

Liked

Matt I am confused, on 15-3 you claimed to not have 72 hours to spare and that you are in your final days in Thailand. 4 days later you still seem to be in Thailand ?

11. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

No, we don't have an EXTRA 72 hours to spare. He's on the bus right now, on his way back here. I promised the house owners we'd be out by the 25th at the latest, and we still have a few preparations to make here. Maybe he can fit in a quick trip to Bangkok as I expected this Vientiane trip to last longer than it did. I think he just misses my cooking.

I think he got a house for 3 months up front -- 2 months deposit, 1 month rent, like I basically demanded. I really hope he didn't pay 12 months up front, because I'll be pissed.

Thinking about that, where the fuck did the house owners go? They generally reply within hours, and it's been days. Whatever, I'm all paid up and even gave them extra money for upcoming electric bill and renovations. If they don't reply and tell me what they want done with the keys, I'll just put them in the neighbor's mailbox, as they own that house too

Liked

Oh my, so this saga continues to at least the 25th. Somehow I am guessing it might even be prolonged beyond that. I am wondering if they allow internet access at the IDC.

Liked

No, it's ok. It will end in a couple hours once my husband comes back.

I'm just not very good at being alone in life. And I can't exactly just go out for a night on the town by myself. Tried that a few times, and random strangers just get worried about me, and bring me back home. I'm kinda like in a nice little 3 bedroom prison here.