Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal background checks

Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I was thinking more about you overstaying your Thai Visa by several years.

When the smarter half of the duo is in the shit, the whole situation becomes altogether more problematic.

Again, love makes you do stupid things. I initially overstayed because I wanted to stay with Kim, as I decided love is the most important thing in life. After we broke up, I already had the dogs who I love like my own kids, plus was comfortable in Khon Kaen, so I just stayed. Then I found Leo in life, and here we are today...

Don't worry, I'm good at things like this. For example, technically I should have never been granted a passport, but I somehow convinced the Canadian government to give me one. I didn't have photo ID, plus used my parents as a guarantor, but I still got a passport. I'll figure out some way to get across that Nong Khai border with myself and my dogs intact.

Liked: 1

I have not read through this entire thread but for visitors to Canada, including one involving an invitation from a Canadian common law partner, no criminal record check is asked for (though they will ask him to say that he is not a war criminal ).

For the permanent move it is required, from every country that he has lived in for a certain period of time, I don’t remember how long. If he has been travelling to Thailand for a couple of months at a time visa free perhaps it will not be required of Thailand. Often it is done in the capital, can take a few weeks, and is somewhat complex. But I am not familiar about such things for Thailand or Laos, only for another country.

The other thing that you should know Matt is that your chances of getting a visitors visa is very very low. Your chance of sponsoring him for a permanent move is substantially higher, pretty good if you can establish that you are in a common law relationship.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Registered View Post
    The other thing that you should know Matt is that your chances of getting a visitors visa is very very low. Your chance of sponsoring him for a permanent move is substantially higher, pretty good if you can establish that you are in a common law relationship.
    No, getting him permanent residency status is by no means easier. I know, I was able to get my first husband who was Hungarian approved for PR status. It took about 18 months, 6 inches of documentation, and around $8000.

I know what I'm in for, and am certain I can get him granted a visitor VISA. From there, we'll just see how he takes to Canada. Personally, I would prefer to stay in Asia, but we'll see how he takes to Canadian society and culture, as he's never experienced culture schock before. Who knows, maybe he decides he loves Canada and wants to go to university there, which will come with a whole new set of problems, but nothing that's impossible. Maybe he will find Canada very cold and isolating of a society (my guess), and will want to live in Vientiane and just visit a couple times a year to see my family.

Liked

Oh, and no, I won't be able to get him into Canada under common law. I have a much better chance getting him in under medical reasons due to me being blind, and the fact he acts as my eyes in this life. Plus I'm going very far out of my way to go 300% above the minimum requirements of a visitor VISA.

We'll be fine, and I'm not too worried about that. Getting him PR status though requires us to be legally married in Canada, which I'm fine with, but again, all depends on how he takes to Canadian society. That, and Canadian law stipulates we need to reside in Canada for 2 out of every 5 years in order to retain PR status, and I'm uncertain if we'd do that. Personally, I would prefer to stay in Asia, but if he decides on Canada, then I'll think about it.

I wish you luck, but at this point visiting a spouse visa is unlikely as they will want proof that he will leave Canada, and that is hard to establish. If he had visited six similar countries in the past and left in a timely manner, or was a surgeon who had to return to his job in three months, if he owned a million dollars in property and had a business, those are the people that are getting approved to visit their spouse.

Better chances getting a student visa, or a visa to go skiing in the Rockies (with no mention of you), etc. it does not help that he is Laotian. I suspect also that he will find Canada very cold , in more ways than one. Other than Netflix and what is being legalized, the best thing that it has going for it is that it is not south of the border.

Liked

Again, don't worry, I'll get him granted a 6 month visitor VISA. I'm not worried about that. When it comes to things like this, I don't fuck around, and go well above and beyond what's required.

Again, I know what I'm in for, and it will be fine. He will be granted a VISA. It'll be a pain in the ass and take quite a bit of work, but that's fine.

From there, we just see how he takes to Canadian society, and take it from there. Personally, I think he'll take it, but we'll see. You can't go out and buy sticky rice on the streets of Canada.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Don't abandon the Titanic just yet mate. It's getting dumber by the day with his last post.
    He's about to buy Leo a tuxedo to ensure that Immigration will -- of course! -- open the gates to Lao with big smiles, whispering "Wow, Hi So".
    It will get even better ... probably.
    This post just made my day, thank you very much 5555555555555555555555555

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    No, my immigration status to Laos is already covered.

It's just Leo seems to be incapable of renting us a house, because he says everyone requires 6 or 12 months rent up front. No, that's one of those travelling 101 things you simply don't do.

I guess he's coming back tomorrow, so now I don't know what the fuck to do. I guess I'll just find a house on the internet myself, even though I don't speak Laos, am not in Vientiane, plus am blind so can't see photos of the place. I'm sure this will work out just splendidly.

Fuck honey, just get a house, even if it's just a vacation rental for a month or two. Just somewhere with a large gated yard where we can put the dogs. How difficult could that possibly be? He has a budget of about 200,000 baht. That should be more than enough to get us a house for a month or two.
    200.000 baht, you could almost buy whole of Vientiane for that kind of money, two months ROFL.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This has to be the most bizarre thread since the beginning of the KK Tales. It's almost as if Matt had one of those electric tennis rackets, not to fry mosquitoes, but to bat away every suggestion, objection, bit of advice coming his way. A truly awesome skill level.

11. User who gave Like to post:

neddy3 (March 19th, 2018)