Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal background checks

Liked

Re: Criminal background checks

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Oh, well in that case, let me rephrase: some of his thoughts and ideas seem to come from a 15 year old.
    Or perhaps a 65 year old.

Liked

Oh, well in that case, let me rephrase: some of his thoughts and ideas seem to come from a 15 year old.
    Oh dear you've repeated the error

Liked

You are labelled a liar because your explanations are anything but rational. I would have thought you are still wearing diapers.

Ok, what about my explanations? I'm 100% certain that back in 2014 when those black listing laws were put into effect, there were two sets of rules depending on whether you surrendered to immigration or were caught illegally residing here. The latter came with a 1 year imprisonment term. Maybe they've reviewed the laws since then due to international uproar, but I'm sure that's what it was when those laws were first enacted.

What else is so irrational?

What's irrational is me having to explain to Leo why it's a bad idea to let hotel recepption or motorcycle rental shops keep your passport. Come on dude, that's travelling 101.

Then also having to argue with him that we're not paying 6 or 12 months up front for a house. He says it's because things are differently in Laos, I tell him to fuck off because I've rented probably 30 houses in various countries in the world, and nobody in their right mind ever pays 6 or 12 months rent up front. He told me that's just how it is in Laos, I told him to go buy some nice business clothes, and don't be shy.\

See what happens.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Ok, what about my explanations? I'm 100% certain that back in 2014 when those black listing laws were put into effect, there were two sets of rules depending on whether you surrendered to immigration or were caught illegally residing here. The latter came with a 1 year imprisonment term. Maybe they've reviewed the laws since then due to international uproar, but I'm sure that's what it was when those laws were first enacted.

What else is so irrational?

What's irrational is me having to explain to Leo why it's a bad idea to let hotel recepption or motorcycle rental shops keep your passport. Come on dude, that's travelling 101.

Then also having to argue with him that we're not paying 6 or 12 months up front for a house. He says it's because things are differently in Laos, I tell him to fuck off because I've rented probably 30 houses in various countries in the world, and nobody in their right mind ever pays 6 or 12 months rent up front. He told me that's just how it is in Laos, I told him to go buy some nice business clothes, and don't be shy.\

See what happens.
    Oh please, there was NEVER any mention of a one year prison sentence. The rules weren't put into place in 2014, but only in 2016. You are confused, utterly confused.

I do believe Leo is not being entirely honest with you, but I am a bit shy to even go there, before we know it, it will lead to a whole new saga.

But do continue, it IS kind of amusing.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Matt, It may well be that Laos is one of several countries where landlords demand a year's rent in advance. Recently read of one of Saudi Arabia's neighboring countries where this is the custom.

Liked

Post 69.
    Only one.

Liked

The option of paying rent by the year is fairly common in Thailand ... certainly in my neighbourhood here in Hua Hin. The discount one gets can be substantial and Thai absentee owners love it . . . and I love it, only having to touch base with them once a year.
    I would guess that in Lao the same goes, though granted, most such rental styles are used by foreigners.

Your sophmoric "fuck this and fuck that" responses whenever things you don't like raise their ugly heads is just one more example of your childlike naivete. You buster, are one angry dude, usually found sloshing down numerous pints of cheap beer in godawful bars on Hastings St.

Is that the same nasty manner in which you treat your so-called 'husband'? For instance: " ... I tell him to fuck off ... "

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguy
    we know it, it will lead to a whole new saga.
    Have no fear Justaguy, this is only saga #327. More to come very soon.
    Last edited by Smiles; March 17th, 2018 at 20:36.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

TIME OUT

Oh dear it seems I'm the only one who continues to give Matt the benefit of the doubt.

Anyhoo, and without any desire whatsoever to get involved in what will surely come to be know as the Great SGT Immigration Spat of 2018, I simply offer this from ThaiVisa, which I must point out was posted in 2010 and almost certainly will be out of date but the dispute is over Matt's historical recollection after all so I thought it apposite

SUMMARY OF CURRENT OVERSTAY REGULATIONS IN THAILAND:

Under the Immigration Act 2522 overstay is punishable by a jail term of 2 years and/or a fine of maximum 20,000 baht.

"Section 81 : Any alien who stay in the Kingdom without permission or with

permission expired or revoked shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding

two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or both."

Immigration Act download: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a...ct-EN.pdf.html

TIME IN

Liked

Matt is talking about the blacklisting, which came into effect in 2016:

https://www.stickboybkk.com/news/imm...-bad-guys-out/

no-one is jailed for overstay in Thailand, they are put into the IDC and are released the minute they can produce a ticket out of the country, to the country of origin. Hence the advice to have a ticket to Canada ready once he will try to sort things out locally

Liked

Here endeth my interest

Probably