List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bangkok Virgin - Looking for recos.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Bangkok Virgin - Looking for recos.

Isn't this how Hangover Two started? A group of friends staying at Lebua, or similar, out for a good time. Perhaps the OP has been watching it lately.

Anyway there is something so antagonising in the opening post, from someone who has done so little research that they are not even sure where their hotel is, that if I did have any "recos"for hidden away low profile places I would be keeping them to myself, because I wouldn't want them to be spoiled by this group, nor would I want to bump into them there. How mean am I?!

So, as previously mentioned, that leaves you with Silom Soi 4, Soi Pratuchai especially Dream Boys, then DJ Station.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (April 21st, 2018), christianpfc (April 24th, 2018), Smiles (April 22nd, 2018), Tintin (April 21st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Isn't this how Hangover Two started? A group of friends staying at Lebua, or similar, out for a good time. Perhaps the OP has been watching it lately.

Anyway there is something so antagonising in the opening post, from someone who has done so little research that they are not even sure where their hotel is, that if I did have any "recos"for hidden away low profile places I would be keeping them to myself, because I wouldn't want them to be spoiled by this group, nor would I want to bump into them there. How mean am I?!

So, as previously mentioned, that leaves you with Silom Soi 4, Soi Pratuchai especially Dream Boys, then DJ Station.
    Is it that you do not have any notion of what a foirum is for? If asking an honest question is "antagonising" to you , then , don't bother to make such comments

4. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 21st, 2018)

Liked

Yes, a typo!!! Yes, I know it's forum and I suspect that recos might be a common colloquial usage whjere thius poster is from. OMG , why all the smartass comments

6. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (April 22nd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

error

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    .... from someone who has done so little research that they are not even sure where their hotel is,....
    I don't find anything unusual about that.

When I travel with a group of friends, we don't all make individual bookings at a hotel; it is left for one person to arrange that. If it's not me, then I haven't a clue where we are staying until I get there.

As for "hidden away low profile places," they may indeed exist out there somewhere but I think we would have discovered them by now and someone would have mentioned them on one of the forums.

But if anyone finds one, be sure to let me know! In the meantime, I'll keep looking!

9. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (April 21st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I don't find anything unusual about that.

When I travel with a group of friends, we don't all make individual bookings at a hotel; it is left for one person to arrange that. If it's not me, then I haven't a clue where we are staying until I get there.

As for "hidden away low profile places," they may indeed exist out there somewhere but I think we would have discovered them by now and someone would have mentioned them on one of the forums.

But if anyone finds one, be sure to let me know! In the meantime, I'll keep looking!
    Exactly! And, yes, most guidebooks offer things like," what to do in Paris with two days, three days." etc. I think the operative question is do you want a sort of pick up bar type like telephone pub or the go-go bar wxperience. These are two very different experiences . I haven't stayed in BKK for some years. This coming trip I'm planning to stay two or three nights to break my travel before heading to Pattaya. So, I'm having some of the same thoughts. But, as a veteran of 28 trips I think I'll get my bearing quickly. Facial at Cutey Beauty, pop in the Golden Cock in the afternoon, dinner at the old Sphinx ( forget the new name cork and something ) then off to Dicks for a drink while watching the lads come to work and the, - well I follow the cutest to walk by.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    It's truly a shame that with all the collective knowledge on this forum the poster could not get a single helpful response. I still remeber my first trip - pre internet days - I walked about quite dazed.
    Regrettably, paborn, the original question was very broad and yet very specific making a meaningful response difficult. The top 5 must visits; recos for bars, restaurants, areas, etc. As a result the responses could not satisfy the OP's (original poster) question.

12. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (April 22nd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Bangkok virgin?

Does such a thing exist? Or is this what they call an oxymoron?
    Last edited by sglad; April 22nd, 2018 at 20:14.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Regrettably, paborn, the original question was very broad and yet very specific making a meaningful response difficult. The top 5 must visits; recos for bars, restaurants, areas, etc. As a result the responses could not satisfy the OP's (original poster) question.
    Francois, I agree. Although I think my point is that while broad it lacked the real specifics. To me (1) Are you young and confident about picking up another gay in a club - do you pay or not (2) are you eager to go to a go go and ready to pay the off and tip. This two types coexist, may morph from 1 to 2 as we age. The recommendations will be different. But, then again not everyone is truly honest about their personal needs so , in a way, most broad posts will somehow fail. Still, we can gove some recommendations to someone new and keep it simple.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Good to see that the Bangkok Virgin came back to express his thanks to those who provided recos!

16. User who gave Like to post:

francois (April 24th, 2018)