Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: No sex tourists please

Banned
    Liked

No sex tourists please

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) aims to make it right that its marketing strategy and policy to move Thailand forward as a ‘Quality Destination’ is going in the right direction, and it strongly opposes any form of sex tourism. To quote Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, TAT Governor, “As the Thai government’s official body promoting Thailand to international and local travellers while supporting the development of the country’s tourism industry for nearly 58 years, our mission is to highlight tourism’s importance to national economic development, job creation, income distribution, and the prominent role it plays in enhancing social integration and preserving the environment.” Mr. Yuthasak also added that “Over the past few years, TAT has actively focused on promoting Thailand as a ‘Quality Leisure Destination’ that highlights a new era of tourism as measured by visitor expenditure, average length of stay, and the overall quality of visitor experience.”

So there! Source: Travel & Tour World

Liked

Re: No sex tourists please

If I was a squealer for the Royal Thai Police Immigration Division, I would be recommending they employ the Mrs Danvers lookalike from the Atlanta Hotel, here in Bangkok. She can, apparently, sniff out a sex tourist at twenty paces.

It was quite obvious she had her suspicions about me, but quite rightly, after careful consideration, she decided I come to Thailand for the lovely warm weather, the exquisite world renowned food and the museums, galleries and temples. She certainly knows her onions, I’ll give her that, because while I was there, she turfed out two male degenerates who casually walked in and mistakenly thought they could slip under her radar by booking a room together with just one double bed. Imagine that!

And I would further recommend her first posting should be to Pattaya, known as Sodom-by-the-Sea by some dissolute fa-ràng.

She’d soon clear up that den of iniquity in double quick time and, before you know it, the Walt Disney Company would be building another of their popular Disneyland fun parks and making Pattaya a, quality leisure destination, which would have families flocking to it in their thousands.

And what an improvement that would be, eh?

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 17th, 2018), frequent (March 12th, 2018)

Liked

Many locations have opted for ' Family" destination status but except for Billy Butlin et al there's sweet f*** all money in the genre.
    Re "Sex tourism" what's in a name?
    The plane loads of young guys and gals (and the not so young) heading for the Costa Brava etc from Britain are in the Sex Tourist business with bells on, as are the hotel destinations, because the primary objective is that as many people as possible get laid.
    What about Honeymoon destinations?
    The ultimate in Sex+Tourism at rip off rates?
    And if that's going too far let's agree that there would not be as many Honeymoons if there hadn't been "sex tourism" to start the ball rolling.
    To keep us all safe and moral we should leave it the two fathers who used to sort out the fate of the bride over a bottle of rice whisky and still do in some parts of India.
    TAT take note.

Liked

Well, I guess it's off to Syria then. I don't think they're too concerned with sex tourists at the moment, and there should be enough young and starving blokes to satisfy everyone's needs.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    Many locations have opted for ' Family" destination status but except for Billy Butlin et al there's sweet f*** all money in the genre...
    Correct - the 'Families" demand free child places on the plane, free or half price kids accommodation, free food for their little darlings (aka screaming brats), free this, that and the other.

Then they set their little shits free to run amok, annoy all and sundry, and get pissed off if anybody dares to complain

Whereas queens like us are quite prepared (in fact we expect) to be charged over the odds for everything

7. User who gave Like to post:

llz (March 12th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    Many locations have opted for ' Family" destination status but except for Billy Butlin et al there's sweet f*** all money in the genre.
    Re "Sex tourism" what's in a name?
    The plane loads of young guys and gals (and the not so young) heading for the Costa Brava etc from Britain are in the Sex Tourist business with bells on, as are the hotel destinations, because the primary objective is that as many people as possible get laid.
    What about Honeymoon destinations?
    The ultimate in Sex+Tourism at rip off rates?
    And if that's going too far let's agree that there would not be as many Honeymoons if there hadn't been "sex tourism" to start the ball rolling.
    To keep us all safe and moral we should leave it the two fathers who used to sort out the fate of the bride over a bottle of rice whisky and still do in some parts of India.
    TAT take note.
    As usual you haven't a clue about the topic (any topic on which you post). Sex tourism does not mean planeloads of tourists turning up to have sex with each other while on holiday. It means planeloads of tourists turning up to have sex with the locals. That is, it's all about prostitution - https://www.huffingtonpost.com/oyste...b_8067520.html

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    As usual you haven't a clue about the topic (any topic on which you post). Sex tourism does not mean planeloads of tourists turning up to have sex with each other while on holiday. It means planeloads of tourists turning up to have sex with the locals. That is, it's all about prostitution - https://www.huffingtonpost.com/oyste...b_8067520.html
    The fucking/sorry no fucking huffingtonpost.
    Last time I was in SiamReap, Cambodia, a place full of Angor tourists and there every hotel charged joiner fees.
    And what's a joiner fee?
    A levy on prostitution, that's what and the history buffs and sabaticals are all into it - while their wives or husbands mind the kids at home.
    Pattaya is a big golf destination TAT would have you know and it so happens that the caddies
    are mostly women.
    Go back to your huffing and posting.

Liked

The quote does not support the conclusion that sextourism is out. Not sure what the fuss is all about, the local for hire scene is so much bigger, it isn't even funny.

A lot of words, but as it stands now, it is very very hard to qualify Thailand as a "Quality Destination". One look at say Hua Hin beach and you know what I am talking about.

Liked

Why would any self respecting sex tourist look at Hua Hin beach?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Why would any self respecting sex tourist look at Hua Hin beach?
    No idea, I suppose not many self respecting sex tourists ever make it to Hua Hin.