Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: recommend for farang Transfem

Liked: 1

recommend for farang Transfem

Hello. now i hate to start a thread as a first post but I have been lurking for a while and gone through a couple pages, visited many cities in Thailand BKK, Nakhon, Phuket, Patts. I have even been to the shows in Boyztown i think it was boysboysboys or x-boys with straight friends for kicks and giggles but wasn't able to partake to the extent I would have liked. This time I'm visiting with a gay friend who'd also like to dabble in the nightlife scene. I, myself identify as transfem and dress/act accordingly.

I have mailed ahead to hotels to confirm if they welcome Transfem/ladyboy customers and friendly welcoming replies from all but my concern is how well will be we be received at places like Boyztown, Sunee, Jomtien Plaza in Pattaya and the Silom bars, DJ station in Bangkok and if guys would be willing to off with me, I don't find any trans or LGBT clubs or forums online for this kinda info. I guess i'm a bit concerned being discriminated and not being let in to venues which might be a downer for my buddy too. If all else fails, I'll sulk around in Guy mode lol

Would be grateful if you guys could throw some light on this with any recommendations, tips regarding nightlife, safety, travel.

Cheers, much appreciate

Liked

Re: recommend for farang Transfem

Don't worry. Pattaya welcomes all. Treat those in the bars and clubs as you wish to be treated and you'll have a ball. There are several well known trannies strutting their stuff about in Sunee, Boyztown and Jomtien so no big drama there.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 14th, 2018), Moses (March 7th, 2018)

Liked

Ummmm, Thailand is probably one of the only countries in the world that somewhat unoficially recognize thress three -- men, women, ladyboys (kayoeys).

Don't worry about it. Just be yourself, have fun, and trust me, especially in the gay scenes of Pattaya and the likes, you won't have any issue. Just don't get aggressive and/or defensive, let your guard down, and have a good time.

Really, nobody is going to give two shits that your trans. I guess you might run into some drunk Russian on the street or something, but in the gay areas? No worries...

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Ummmm, Thailand is probably one of the only countries in the world that somewhat unoficially recognize thress three -- men, women, ladyboys (kayoeys).
    Why is it that you demonstrate your ignorance over and over and over? In Malay society there's a similar recognition - as I recall katoeys are known (translation) as "twilight women", and there are many traditional societies where they are tolerated