Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much does it cost?

Liked

How much does it cost?

How much do you normally have to pay if you want to hire a guide/driver to take you to the famous temples? I suppose most tourists hire someone for a day. And another question : Is it necessary to bring only US Dollars, or will they also accept Thai Baht or Euros? I will probably end up staying at the Rambutan Resort/Hotel since it looks like that place is located near "down town" Siem Reap.

Liked

Re: How much does it cost?

If I remember correctly, we paid $40 USD for a mini van and 8 hours/day.

Liked

Price for official licensed guide depends on language, English speaking guides usually ask $40-$60 at high season and $40-$50 at low season, other languages are more expensive.

Drivers can't be guide since it is forbidden for them to leave car within Angkor archaeological park. Car with driver cost $30-#120 - depends on path, usually Small Circle cost #30-#40, Big Circle $45-$60, I'm about sedans like Toyota Camry. Remote temples like Preah Vicher will cost about $120.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Driver is cheaper if you take a remork which is also more fun and allows you to benefit from the breeze. Providing it is not raining, I definitively prefer a remork for both the small circuit and the grand circuit but would generally favour a car if going further afield to Banteay Srei. I have stayed at the Rambutan on two occasions and they arranged an excellent registered guide and a good remork on both occasions.

Liked

When you get to Rambutan ask the front desk for a copy of “Siem Reap Angkor Visitors Guide” and it will give you a lot of good information on temples, guides, and lots of other activity. Rambutan staff can also help you arrange tours etc. They are quite good. Here is a link I found that might be useful as well but I have not used the guides yet so I can not report on their quality.

http://www.khmerangkortourguide.com/...uide-list.html

Another option might be Siam Guides but I have emailed the Siem Reap guide twice with no response. Not sure if it is a technical problem or if they are just slow to respond to inquiries.

https://siamroads.com/cambodia-siem-reap-sareth/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Asia Traveler View Post

Another option might be Siam Guides but I have emailed the Siem Reap guide twice with no response. Not sure if it is a technical problem or if they are just slow to respond to inquiries.

https://siamroads.com/cambodia-siem-reap-sareth/
    Siamroads answers to each email. I control it myself daily. If you got no answer that means SiamRoads not received your email. At such cases you can just PM me here.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Banned
    Liked

Go and visit the museum in Siem Reap before you go to Angkor Wat. It provides fascinating background information. Strap on the headphones ($10 as I recall) for a personal guided tour. I go there every time I visit Siem Reap

Liked

Does the price quoted in siamroads.com (50US) include a driver?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by karius View Post
    Does the price quoted in siamroads.com (50US) include a driver?
    No. It is price for guide - Sareth's time. He is in TOP-20 of all guides (500+) in Siem Reap at Tripadvisor rating. He can arrange car.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    Driver is cheaper if you take a remork which is also more fun and allows you to benefit from the breeze. Providing it is not raining, I definitively prefer a remork for both the small circuit and the grand circuit but would generally favour a car if going further afield to Banteay Srei. I have stayed at the Rambutan on two occasions and they arranged an excellent registered guide and a good remork on both occasions.
    Exactly. Just get a Remork (tuk tuk), which is a much more fun way of getting around the temples. It's been a few years since I did this, but I think it was about $12 a day & if you get the same one for the 2~3 days, he sorts out the itinerary for you. Nothing more needed.
    I imagine that's a few $ more now.