Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AIS SIM Card

Liked: 1

AIS SIM Card

Dear all,

After surfing the internet, I have finally found an AIS package of unlimited usage of internet without lowering the transmission speed (the speed is fixed in a lower range, of course).

Now comes the question, I firstly need an AIS SIM card which I do not want to buy in the airport (they only sell the over-priced tourist package). So can I buy the AIS SIM card at 49baht as a starter in 7-11 or Family Mart then top up some money to buy the package that I really want?

Thank you all!

2. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (February 27th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Re: AIS SIM Card

Quote Originally Posted by mildsevenblue View Post
    Dear all,

After surfing the internet, I have finally found an AIS package of unlimited usage of internet without lowering the transmission speed (the speed is fixed in a lower range, of course).

Now comes the question, I firstly need an AIS SIM card which I do not want to buy in the airport (they only sell the over-priced tourist package). So can I buy the AIS SIM card at 49baht as a starter in 7-11 or Family Mart then top up some money to buy the package that I really want?

Thank you all!
    It depends whether you can find a 7-11 or Family Mart that will ignore the latest regulations about ID, or (even less likely) have the facilities, time or inclination to comply. You'd be better off finding an AIS shop and buying it there. However I'm not sure why AIS at the airport should sell only the tourist version. The True shop sells whatever you want

Liked

I thought 7/11's stopped selling AIS stuff in October 2016.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mancs View Post
    I thought 7/11's stopped selling AIS stuff in October 2016.
    You're possibly right - buying such things is not part of my regular shop when I go into a 7-11 (which isn't that often, unless I'm out of condoms)

Liked

AIS at Family Mart.

Liked

I bought an AIS SIM card from an AIS shop. Cost was 50 baht.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    You'd be better off finding an AIS shop and buying it there.
    AIS or TELEWIZ -- same thing
    You should find one or both in any mall.

Liked

3 weeks ago I found what most reliable package for extensive Internet using is Truemove package for 599 Bahts. I had 8 Gig of traffic for 2 weeks and great coverage (I had strong 4G signal even at hills and mountains at the North of Thailand). Bought it exactly in airport by suggestion of all my guys from Siamroads.com.

But most important: everything is active just from start - when you insert sim into phone every option starts to work from first minute. Past time I bought AIS and was waiting for internet activation 24 hours with 2 visits to AIS office.

2018-02-26 10-55-47.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

10. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (February 27th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    You're possibly right - buying such things is not part of my regular shop when I go into a 7-11 (which isn't that often, unless I'm out of condoms)
    They don't even offer over the counter AIS top-ups at 7-11, supposedly they have a conflict, in typical childish fashion.

You CAN still use the orange top up vending machines found outside by the way.

For coverage and data, you cannot go wrong with AIS, I have excellent 4G coverage almost everywhere I go, including remote parts of Issaan. My current sim is already 13 years old and has gone through at least two 'registration rounds". Since my data consumption is pretty heavy (several tablets thetered to the same ais sim) I now go for their unlimited internet packages, I believe it is capped at 6 mpbs, but that is an acceptable speed for me.

Not sure what you are on about Moses, internet package activation at AIS is instant, or no more than a few minutes. And since packages do change, they have an excellent English speaking servicedesk (1175).

Their unlimited packages are 34 baht for one day, 189 baht for 7 days or 550 baht for 30 days. If the 6mpbs is not enough, I would opt for the 12 GB 30 day package at around 800 baht. Buy additional 2 GB within the validity for 48 baht.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    They don't even offer over the counter AIS top-ups at 7-11, supposedly they have a conflict, in typical childish fashion.
    cpgroup.jpg

bkkguy