Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dreaded Ned website has been closed

Liked

Dreaded Ned website has been closed

I just tried to check on the "Dreaded Ned" website about some of the Pattaya bars discussed in this forum.
    But found that it has been closed. What website[s] provide similar listings of gay venues in Thailand?

Liked

Re: Dreaded Ned website has been closed

travelgayasia (most up-to-date)
    utopia-asia

both .com
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

The supply of these web sites has thinned out considerably in recent years. Nicky's site was good & well maintained, but seems to have disappeared. Obviously not a particularly lucrative business.

I do try to chip in with occasional updates to google maps, but this is only scratching the surface and it needs quite a few travelers to do the same to cover all cities.
    Of course, any idiot can find Boyztown, but good map information becomes more important when looking for one bar in some obscure suburb of a Thai town.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And the fact that Thais cannot draw a map to save their lives!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    And the fact that Thais cannot draw a map to save their lives!
    They are pretty useless at reading them too. Back in the days when I used a real map rather than a google map, if any kind Thai stopped to help, they never actually succeeded in assisting. Much better to send them on their way politely & figure it out myself.

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 25th, 2018)

Liked

Sad to see DreadedNed close
    Long before Sawatdee and GayThailand forums, it was the go to forum for all things gay Thailand related
    Eventually when Ned closed his forum people migrated to PattayaGay and the original GayButton forums... before eventually settling here after Allen and GB closed their original boards
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

8. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (February 24th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Eventually when Ned closed his forum people migrated to PattayaGay and the original GayButton forums... before eventually settling here after Allen and GB closed their original boards
    Some people may have done so, but those who have no interest in Pattaya did not, and soon found SGT's predecessor Forum which unlike the two you mentioned thrived, in particular because of its hands-off attitude to the sort of control that the Grand Ayatollah imposes on his board
    Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    f course, any idiot can find Boyztown ...
    The evidence for this is overwhelming

10. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (February 25th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    soon found SGT's predecessor Forum which unlike the two you mentioned thrived,
    And what exactly was the SGT predecessor Forum? surely it was PattayaGay... it was probably one of the most successful boards... until Allen decided to shut it down and Smiles created the first incarnation of a Sawatdee board?
    I'm sure Smiles will pop up soon enough to confirm the order in which things happened and settle your muddled memories!

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    And what exactly was the SGT predecessor Forum? surely it was PattayaGay... it was probably one of the most successful boards... until Allen decided to shut it down and Smiles created the first incarnation of a Sawatdee board?
    I'm sure Smiles will pop up soon enough to confirm the order in which things happened and settle your muddled memories!
    I've been on this Forum and its predecessors ever since such things existed and I can assure you I have never stooped so low as to become a member of a Pattaya forum (nor for that matter even visit them), nor do I recall a time when a non-Pattaya forum was not available

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I've been on this Forum and its predecessors ever since such things existed and I can assure you I have never stooped so low as to become a member of a Pattaya forum (nor for that matter even visit them), nor do I recall a time when a non-Pattaya forum was not available
    So can you name this magical hands-off "utopia" board... or will you be struck down for daring to mention it?
    Might it be that you were not welcome on the Pattaya board?
    (Pretty much like you were not welcome here until the current owner allowed allowed back - for some peculiar reason)