Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cheaper than Malaysia. Hotel

Liked

Re: Cheaper than Malaysia. Hotel

"Alternatively, you might like https://www.lubd.com/ on Decho Road if their hostel style appeals to you. Bunk in a dorm from B360 or a private room with double bed from B1,200."

Lubd.com or lubed.com?

The latter would be worth a closer look.

Banned
    Liked

This is not difficult to do, not sure why posters can't check well-known sites such as Agoda first. Sheer incompetence I suppose. Here are three that I found within 5 minutes
    https://www.agoda.com/sunflower-plac...angkok-th.html
    https://www.agoda.com/the-urban-age-...angkok-th.html
    https://www.agoda.com/nantra-silom-h...angkok-th.html

Liked

I hope you have space on your wall for those gold stars which Goji and Francois ought to be sending you ?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I hope you have space on your wall for those gold stars which Goji and Francois ought to be sending you ?
    I'll certainly be adding them to my collection

Liked

Well, given the extraordinarily helpful answers to our newly Registered member’s OP over the last five pages, I think we may have reached a definitive response and Registered has, hopefully by now, found an answer to his question. Now might therefore be an opportune moment for a small detour, i.e. if françois and goji will kindly allow me.

Having sold my Bangkok apartment, I shall have to look for new lodgings during my next trip to Thailand, which might possibly be as far away as January 2019. As of yet, I cannot decide on whether to hang my hat in Bangkok or Pattaya. By way of background information, I have never spent more than four days in Pattaya and am more of a big city person.

But looking at the three options posted by my fine dining companion, frequent, at post #42, I was reasonably impressed by the low price and good location of the Nantra Silom Hotel and the Sunflower Place Hotel, although I have ruled out the dormitory style accommodation offered by the Urban Age Hostel as being entirely unsuitable for a man of my age. And there is always the old favourite of many members, which has not been mentioned recently, I speak of the Tarntawan Place Hotel and the Tarntawan Place Apartments.

It got me thinking about the pros and cons of living long-term, say 3 months, in a hotel rather than an apartment. Has anyone any experience of or knows of anyone who lives or has lived in a hotel long term in Thailand and can provide some useful information on this subject?

On the pro side, there is the prospect of a cooked or prepared daily breakfast. Daily changing of towels and, presumably, weekly changing of bed linen. But on the con side, there would be no cooking facilities and, although I have no personal experience of being detained at Her Majesty’s pleasure, a small double bedroom, I am guessing, would more than likely quickly assume the ambience of a prison cell after no more than a few weeks and I might end up going stir-crazy.

Last year, while thinking ahead to the day I shall have to rent accommodation in Thailand, I had a look around a friend of a friend’s lodgings at Jomtein. I am afraid to say that I thought it was rather on the small side and I found it quite depressing, despite it having a very good sea view. I did however look around another Jomtein apartment that had recently been renovated and was about to come on the market. It had two bedrooms; a very well fitted out kitchen and was comfortably furnished. But it came at a cost. I believe it was priced at 37,000 Baht a month, which is more than I would really like to spend on renting accommodation. I was thinking of somewhere in the region of 25,000 – 30,000 Baht a month, but I wonder if this is a realistic objective on my part. Any thoughts?

Liked

Perhaps you might want to look at the offerings by Airbnb. Apartments etc for rent by the day, week, and month. The rates are competitive and almost fully furnished with basic kitchen and washing machine/drier.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (February 28th, 2018)

Liked

Has the OP considered a tent?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Has the OP considered a tent?
    Maybe doesn't plan on camping it up?

Liked

Jellybean, I don't have experience of long term in Pattaya. My holidays only run to 2 or 3 weeks. But I much prefer the privacy an apartment offers. I stayed at Yensabai Condo in January, and at Mosaik for a few trips, and could easily imagine myself living there for a couple of months. I have no idea what their prices are for long term. I presume cheaper than I would pay as a tourist. I hope you don't think I'm trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs, just offering my opinion, for what it's worth.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (February 28th, 2018)

Liked

Regarding Jellybean post I also would be very interested in the responses as I also prefer hotels to apartments for the same reason you have stated.