Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal House massage pattaya

Liked

Re: Royal House massage pattaya

An interesting moral point raised most eloquently by Scottish Guy. I'm sure others will take stock of the ethical position regarding prostitution in all its many and varied forms. Thank you for posting.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post

Furthermore, even tipping the minimum amounts above gains you the approval of and kudos from two of our esteemed moderators
    What is your suggested tip, scottish-guy? I mean what do you tip in the bars in Pattaya when you are here?

3. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 9th, 2018)

Liked

Furthermore, even tipping the minimum amounts above gains you the approval of and kudos from two of our esteemed moderators
    You're wrong.

The tipping of 20 baht didn't get my "approval" or "kudos." It didn't get my disapproval, either. I purposely refrained from expressing a personal opinion either way. I was merely reporting here what the boys have told me.

At the end of the day, the approval or disapproval of the tip in this case can only be made by the recipients, not an onlooker.

That's what I was reporting on, nothing else.

BTW, I've mentioned previously that my minimum tip is 100 baht, so your assertion that I approve of a 20 baht tip is false.

And SG, you conveniently disregarded the fact that money goes a lot further in Thailand than in the UK, America or Europe.

And if you consider that the average daily wage is apparently 300 baht per day 20 baht doesn't sound so bad at all.

At least from the boys' point of view.

And theirs is the only one that really counts.

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 9th, 2018), christianpfc (March 19th, 2018), francois (March 9th, 2018)

Liked

i might be paying too much but if i go into a normal open beer bar , , have a drink an chat to a boy , i tend to leave a tip of 100 for him

Liked

Your question is a little unfair Francois. Scottish guy has been in a loving and monogamous relationship of equals for eight years so it's unlikely he's visited any go go bars and certainly hasn't groped any boy in that time.

8. User who gave Like to post:

francois (March 9th, 2018)

Liked

1. Francois, I have never tipped less than 100B and that is without sexual contact in public. Maybe for a boy to sit and talk - with or without a view to making a deal. One thing I would not do is grope/wank/suck lads off in public - as I think it's utterly demeaning for both parties. However, I'm aware there are some people who choose to carry out their low-class, disgusting behaviour in public and then tip a pittance for it - all I am doing is drawing attention to the sleaziness of it and the relative meagreness of a 20B/40B tip.

2. a447 - I was referring to your statement where you (and Arsenal) posted that '20B' guy was tremendously popular. Did I miss a bit where you expressed any disapproval? Since you didn't express any disapproval then I assumed your approval. If it helps, I'll modify my description of your attitude to these goings-on from 'approve' to 'condone'. Is that better for you?

Your assertion that it is only the opinion of the exploited prostitute which counts is breathtaking - no doubt those starving prostitutes in Haiti thought they were getting a good deal from the Oxfam charity workers - but almost everybody else (with the exception of LatintopXXX no doubt) thinks otherwise

Liked

Thank you for your clarification Scottish Guy. It's good to know that morality has not entirely left us in modern society.

Liked

"I assumed..."

Therein lies the problem.

I'm not "approving" or "condoning" anything.

I'm simply stating the boys' point of view, as expressed to me many times over the years.

As for "exploited prostitutes" the guys who I've been seeing on a regular basis over all these years in Bangkok and Pattaya would die laughing if they heard that.

Sure, they are "prostitutes." They'd be the first to admit that. But "exploited"? Hardly.

They are all enjoying the hi-so lifestyle and could have retired from the game years ago and set up a business back home.

I reported earlier that last trip I didn't get to see one of my regulars in Bsngkok - he was in Issan building a huge two-storey house for his parents. And an American customer has bought him a new Ford truck - I also wrote about that in my last report. Last year the same customer took him on a holiday to Japan and another took him to Singapore.

Do you really think he feels "exploited"?

He might even see himself as an astute businessman!

"Your assertion that it is only the opinion of the exploited prostitute which counts is breathtaking "

Again, you've read something into my comment which isn't there. I did not make any assertion whatsoever about prostitutes in general being exploited. I was specifically commenting on the boys' attitude to the customer's 20 baht tips. Nothing more.

Your insinuation regarding my alleged attitude to Oxfam's behaviour in Haiti is disappointing.

Whether or not prostitutes are, by the nature of the job, being exploited is another issue. Perhaps you'd like to start a thread on that topic.
    Last edited by a447; March 9th, 2018 at 22:45.

Liked

1. Francois, I have never tipped less than 100B and that is without sexual contact in public. Maybe for a boy to sit and talk - with or without a view to making a deal. One thing I would not do is grope/wank/suck lads off in public - as I think it's utterly demeaning for both parties. However, I'm aware there are some people who choose to carry out their low-class, disgusting behaviour in public and then tip a pittance for it - all I am doing is drawing attention to the sleaziness of it and the relative meagreness of a 20B/40B tip.
    is
    You are to be commended, SG, for your tipping practices. Having a boy sit with you does warrant a 100+Baht tip. On the other hand giving a 20/40 Baht tip for a fondle, is not disgusting behavior. This is especially true when one visits the bar, night after night, it is simply a reward. The disgusting behavior is those who just sit and gawk and never tip.

13. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (March 9th, 2018)

Liked

One man's meat etc.....

Francois and I shall have to agree to differ on what is or what is not demeaning behaviour and a447 and I shall have to agree to disagree about what constitutes exploitation