List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boris and arsenal - a secret tryst?

Liked

Re: Boris and arsenal - a secret tryst?

Immitation blah blah blah best form of flattery blah blah blah.

Banned
    Liked

I think you’ll find it’s spelt “imitation”. The saying is “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”

Liked

Gosh this is interesting. And before any of you can say it, yes I'm guilty of flooding the board with meaningless crap.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Banned
    Liked

You can’t beat arsenal for an unparalleled understanding of Thailand and the Thais Joe

Liked

Mr Chuckles is too kind but is is he we look to for the finer points of everything Thai.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Mr Chuckles is too kind but is is he we look to for the finer points of everything Thai.
    And quite right too but that’s not what I mean when I refer to your unparalleled understanding of Thailand and the Thais

Liked

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Ronnie liked Drag Queens you say - I never heard that one before - need to research.

I always understood he like them young and a bit rough round the edges
    I am of the same opinion as SG. Ronnie's young men were exactly that: young men - not drag queens (unless he was 'dragging' them home from Esmeralda's Barn). Am I right in thinking that I have read somewhere and have heard it said that Reggie, reputedly the straight twin, was not averse to "crossing the floor"? I'm not convinced.

One of the few guys to criticise Ronnie's penchant for the love that dare not speak its name (thank you Oscar) was George Cornell, who paid the ultimate price, allegedly, for his gross impertinence (calling Ronnie a 'fat poof') in March 1966 in the Blind Beggar pub. Apparently, a stray bullet from an 'unknown source' entered the pub and embedded itself in Mr. Cornell's forehead (bloody inconvenient), while the juke box - rather ironically- pumped out "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine" by the Walker Brothers. No one moved. No one saw a thing.
    "Right, keep your bleedin' 'eads downs and don't take your eyes off your dominoes. The Old BIll's on their way!"

"Evenin', officer. Shootin'? what shootin'? You say a bloke came in 'ere with a gun, walked up to Mister Cornell and finished 'im off? Nah, mate, you're 'avin a laugh, must 'ave the wrong pub. Anyway, we get a load of stray bullets around 'ere at this time of year.
    What's that, Guv? The Barmaid's blouse is covered in blood, you say? Nah, that ain't blood, mate, that's nail polish, that is. I mean what do you expect when a bird's trying to paint her nails while pullin' bleedin' pints at the same time? Anyway, Guv, you goin' to stand there all night asking all them bleedin' silly questions, or are you goin' to 'ave a pint?
    Eh? On duty? What's that all about? You should be 'duty free', mate, a subject about which a few of us in 'ere 'ave a certain expertise, If you get my drift."

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (February 24th, 2018), joe552 (February 24th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I always understood he like them young and a bit rough round the edges
    You're thinking of arsenal

11. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (February 24th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    ...Am I right in thinking that I have read somewhere and have heard it said that Reggie, reputedly the straight twin, was not averse to "crossing the floor"?...
    Yes you have read that - another (fairly recent) allegation is that Reggie was (at best) bisexual and it goes that whilst teenagers and young men they were fiddling with each other.

I could just about give credence to that happening as teenagers (isn't the whole 'brothers' thing a bit of a gay fantasy never mind twin brothers) but I find it impossible to believe that Reggie "dabbled" when older - and my reason for saying that is that so many of their criminal associates have been interviewed over the passing decades and none that I can recall has cast any doubt in that direction whereas all were quite prepared to allude to Ronnie's predictions.

Given that Ronnie was even more of a psychopath than Reggie (in the George Cornell shooting he walked straight up to him in full view of a busy pub and just casually shot him in the head) I find it difficult to understand why known associates would (even at the time) refer to Ronnie's homosexuality but not Reggie's

krays.jpg

13. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (February 24th, 2018)