FAQ & Help

Thread: Visa run to Cambodia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Visa run to Cambodia

Quick travelogue ....

I needed to extend a 90 day O visa for a further 30 days so decided, after much thought,to do another visa run to Cambodia (as opposed to going somewhere by air for a few days) I have done two or three in the past and if you have never done one, it’s not something to look forward to!

I decided to do it again with “5 Star Visa Runs” who are based outside the Sportsman Bar on Soi 13, a few hundred metres from Boyztown. Their website says they provide luxury minibuses with a maximum of 6 passengers in business class seats.

Last time I used them you reported to the pub at 6 am and got a free breakfast and departed sharp at 0645. All went fine and a free packed lunch was handed out enroute, together with a free drink on return. So I decided to use them again.

I went along to book a few weeks ago and the lady at the pub said no more freebies and the bus would now pick us all up at our hotels. This I didn’t like as it adds another hour to the journey if you are last to be dropped off or picked up. Anyway I double checked with her that it was still just six passengers as the fare is a rather large 2800 baht. Yes was the reply. The website is years out of date.

Anyway, the day arrived (yesterday) and I was picked up at the crack of sparrows fart at 0620. We drove around Pattaya and picked up the five other people and set off.

An hour later we diverted into Rayong (in the rush hour) and picked up someone else. Then we picked up a couple. We continued the tour of Rayong and picked up yet another passenger. There were now 10 of us in this “luxury” minibus....which ONLY HAD 9 seats...and it was then I noticed only 4 of those were Luxury. Luckily I was in one.

Myself and another passenger specifically checked with the woman, when we booked,and we were both told the number of passengers was 6. TiT

The return journey also went all around Rayong dropping off these extra people so we didn’t get back to Pattaya until 5 pm.,instead of about 3 pm. Then more driving around Pattaya′...

So there you go....note the name if you ever have to go through this ordeal!

A few pretty pics of the Ban Pakkad Border crossing. A few years ago it was just a few shacks. Interestingly, you don’t cross...they take all the passports across while you hang around on the Thai side. First time it is rather unnerving as a man should never, ever be parted from his passport when abroad!

Attached Images Attached Images

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 17th, 2018), goji (February 16th, 2018), Halfhansum (February 16th, 2018), joe552 (February 16th, 2018)