Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jupiter 2018 Bar on Soi 4

Liked

Re: Jupiter 2018 Bar on Soi 4

Expressing an opinion (disparaging or otherwise) is what paying your money entitles you to do - it wasn't my kind of place, I didn't say it was unsuccessful - I was just not part of the demographic it was aimed at. On more than one occassion I had a drink and left

2. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (February 14th, 2018)

Liked

It's a terrible shame really for the oversight in not providing a suitable drawing room for the Queen and her ladies-in-waiting to ogle the delectable guys on the stage. Speaking of loss of patronage, alas.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    It's a matter of attitude - there's nothing that states that boy bars must be for men only, nor that girl bars are also for men only. Straight women have always attended the larger boy bars, and lesbians go to the girl bars. There was a fashion some years ago when Boys Bangkok was across the street from where it is now for Japanese girls to go and choose a boy to take them dancing - real dancing not horizontal jogging. Perhaps that still happens. My guess is that FarangRuMak is just embarassed about his sexual preference
    So even when your guess is about me, your guess is superior to mine?
    To any logical mind my motives in this regard are very clear ie women in a bar which has straight boys are bad for my prospects in terms of offing such straight boys because they will always choose the woman before a man if all other factors be equal.
    I don't mind women taking off boys; there are many boy bars in Bangkok which allow only women customers inside and I'm told that these bars get the pick of the crop when it comes to handsomeness.
    Thai Visa reports the closure by police of a 'women only' bar in Pattaya last week.
    Why don't you book a flight to Thailand sometime and experience all this non-differentially and for yourself?

Liked

This queen did not find the boys delectable in any way - not my type at all - but good luck to those who do like them

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    So even when your guess is about me, your guess is superior to mine?
    As the rest of your post amply demonstrates, the answer must be yes

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post
    Jupiter2002 was undoubtedly one of the most successful gogo bars in Bangkok and played to a packed house of more than 100 punters most nights for more than 15 years. And yet Scotty stuck his head around the door frame once or twice a decade or so ago and feels qualified to make disparaging comments.
    How were they disparaging? He merely agreed with me - the bar has always had a reputation as a "sticky rice" bar

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Not sure why posters are bothering to get excited about this particular bar. It has always been famous as a "sticky rice" bar - Asians go there to pick up Asian guys, and the guys who work there expect to have a largely Asian clientele. If they want Caucasian customers they would work elsewhere
    I wonder if Jupiter is or ever has been a "sticky rice" bar. Yes, most of the customers have been and are Asian.

But Asians do not go there to pick up Asian guys, they like the farangs, go there to see and possibly off the guys.

I have never seen Asian customers picking up other Asian customers.

Moreover, I do not think that the money boys care much about whether the customer is Asian or non-Asian. The guys care about the tip and the behavior of the customer.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post
    Jupiter2002 was undoubtedly one of the most successful gogo bars in Bangkok and played to a packed house of more than 100 punters most nights for more than 15 years. And yet Scotty stuck his head around the door frame once or twice a decade or so ago and feels qualified to make disparaging comments.
    Yes, and they have often had some very handsome guys.

But if people want to made disparaging remarks about the bar, that should be fine. I recently had an unpleasant experience with a boy from the bar, but would certainly go again on my next trip to Bangkok.....

Liked

"Expressing an opinion (disparaging or otherwise) is what paying your money entitles you to do."

Disparaging is what we do best here although no one has paid any money but still feel entitled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    " ... The guys care about the tip and the behavior of the customer ... "

Bingo! Exactly correct Werner, and I might also venture to say that "behaviour" slightly trumps "the tip" ... (although I would probably agree that 'the tip' is somewhat more important to the older guys who've been around The Scene for some years and are jaded, and roll their eyes at just one more smelly sixty-four year old farang wearing a tank top.)
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand