FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jupiter 2018 Bar on Soi 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Jupiter 2018 Bar on Soi 4

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I agree - I don't see the attraction in offing str8 boys at all - I could see the attraction and feeling of accomplishment if you successfully seduced one, but let's face it you're just buying him for a short or long time so.... meh
    I have never though much of you but this comment tops your usually doltish statements. Very few, probably less than 1%, of these bar boys are gay
    Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like", but he never met Donald Trump.

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 28th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kjun12 View Post
    "... I have never though(t) much ... "
    Wowser, you're still sticking to that rule after so many years of "not thinking" on Sawatdee.
    Your spelling is still a bit off, but it's good for a laugh.

But do carry on ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kjun12 View Post
    ... probably less than 1%, of these bar boys are gay
    That's a lower % than the general gay population - how strange in a job based on sexual encounters with guys.

Baffles belief in fact, but I'm sure you'll share your evidence with us, won't you - or is "probably" your get-out clause?

5. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (July 28th, 2018)

Liked

Blimey werner! What a dreadful experience. I suppose, looking on the positive side, you were lucky to get away unscathed. And the manager's reaction wasn't exactly best practice out of the "Dealing with Customer's Complaints" manual. I recall being involved in a broadly similar experience up in Chiang Mai many years ago. The sudden fear of being at risk of attack, when you paid good money for exactly the opposite is quite terrifying.

I have not yet been to Jupiter 2018 in its new location in Silom, Soi 4, but have been thinking of paying it a visit after reading previous reports. But although I have not visited the new location, I did visit the old location several times. I am not really sure how many times I off’d a boy from the old Jupiter Bar. I can think of only one occasion. Once we left the bar, the boy did seem to have a very unpleasant attitude. There was no rapport or friendliness between the boy and myself in the taxi, despite me trying to make some small talk and attempting, but failing to cosy up to him. It must have been over 10 years ago, because we were heading back to the Pinnacle Hotel on Soi Ngam Duphli, in Sathorn, not my condo.

As we were passing Lumpinee Park on Rama IV Road, the atmosphere got so bad that I almost asked the taxi driver to stop and order the boy to get out. Instead, I asked him directly if he was ok and was he sure that he wanted to go to the hotel with me. In reply, he said he was ok and he confirmed he still wanted to go to my hotel.

Back in the room, while the boy was in the shower, I thought, let’s just get this over with quickly and put the night down to a, thankfully, rare bad experience. However, once we were both in bed, things rapidly changed. The boy was very responsive and behaved just like any other pleasant money boy I had taken back to my hotel. Thankfully, we both had the sought after happy ending. He really surprised me and I ended up enjoying that part of our encounter. But I felt a great sense of relief as he left, it could have ended badly. He was one guy I certainly did not wish to have a repeat performance with.

No doubt around that time, or in subsequent years, I read of others bad experiences at the old Jupiter and, after my own experience; I never again off’d a boy from that bar.

Presumably, the boys stand in the bar night after night to earn the large amount of cash that comes with going with a punter, rather than the few hundred Baht they earn from the bar. So why then do the Jupiter Bar boys have such a bad attitude and why fail to perform, as in werner’s case, once at the customer’s room? It’s hardly a recipe for success in the oldest profession, is it?

7. User who gave Like to post:

werner (February 11th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Presumably, the boys stand in the bar night after night to earn the large amount of cash that comes with going with a punter, rather than the few hundred Baht they earn from the bar. So why then do the Jupiter Bar boys have such a bad attitude and why fail to perform, as in werner’s case, once at the customer’s room? It’s hardly a recipe for success in the oldest profession, is it?
    From my very limited understanding of these things, some of the best-looking guys would already have been kept by a sugar daddy or mummy and working in the bars is only a side income. And different customers have different expectations; some I think are quite contented to just worship a hot muscular dude with little or no reciprocation. The guys may also perform differently with different customers depending on gender; level of attraction, perceived wealth and stupidity, etc. And because they are hot and and the turnover of customers is very high, they don't really care about repeat offs or building a reputation; there's always a new customer the next day or more likely, the next hour. I can't remember the term for it in economics but it has something to do with providing a unique commodity with a fixed supply and an unlimited demand. It's a seller's market.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 12th, 2018), Eddie (April 2nd, 2018), paborn (July 28th, 2018)

Liked

The bars are boy bars, not gay bars.

Gays might be the target market, but all are allowed.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

11. User who gave Like to post:

werner (February 11th, 2018)

Liked

In response to the op:

There is a theory that maintains: If you want a good experience, don't take the best looking boys.

Jupiter 2018 is full of good looking boys.
    Nice for a drink and to admire, but I would shop elsewhere.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

13. 3 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (February 11th, 2018), paborn (July 28th, 2018), werner (February 11th, 2018)

Liked

Thanks to all members for your interesting comments.

Jasper: No, the guy I had trouble with was NOT #43, but I think I remember #43--a handsome, muscular guy [no tattoos], from Myanmar--Correct?

Blacktough: I foolishly did NOT agree on the tip before I offed the guy, and that was definitely a big mistake. I foolishly relied on the manager's guidelines of 2,000 baht for two hours.

Some members seem to have problems with bars that welcome heterosexual women who off guys. I have NO problems with such.

My experiences could have been much worse--I just lost 1,000 baht. Will I go to Jupiter in the future? Probably, but i will be very careful whom I off from there, and I will try to reach a agreement about the tip before leaving.

Jupiter does have some good eye candy.

Liked

Blacktough: I foolishly did NOT agree on the tip before I offed the guy, and that was definitely a big mistake. I foolishly relied on the manager's guidelines of 2,000 baht for two hours.

Werner, we all make mistakes, and learn from our mistakes and advice from fellow members.

As a rule, while arranging to take a legal boy back to my accommodation, I ask him the following questions to avoid any unpleasant business:

1. Do you kiss?
    2. Do you suck?
    3. Are you top, vers or bottom?
    4. How much tip?
    5. Short time ok (1 hour)
    6. No hard on, no business?

I too have had problems in the past where the boy wanted more reward/tip because nothing was agreed beforehand.

Now I make it a standard rule to ask those simple questions first.

9 times out of 10, the boys in question still end up coming back with me!

16. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Asia Traveler (February 12th, 2018), paborn (July 28th, 2018), steveky (February 12th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post

As a rule, while arranging to take a legal boy back to my accommodation, I ask him the following questions to avoid any unpleasant business:

1. Do you kiss?
    2. Do you suck?
    3. Are you top, vers or bottom?
    4. How much tip?
    5. Short time ok (1 hour)
    6. No hard on, no business?
    What do you mean by no. 6? It all sounds so mechanical to me but I understand that it's a commercial transaction and everything needs to be spelled out.