Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jupiter 2018 Bar on Soi 4

Liked

Jupiter 2018 Bar on Soi 4

This forum has had some recent discussions -- and much hype-- about the new Jupiter 2018 bar. During a trip to Bangkok last month, I visited Jupiter three times and would like to make a few comments.

I went on both weekdays and weekends. The bar seems to be doing well: by 10:30 it was packed with customers. About 85 percent the customers were Asian, although there were a few farang, including a several heterosexual couples, who might have wandered in by mistake after their dinners on the Soi.

On the nights I went, about 30 guys were strutting on the cat walk. Most seemed to have great bodies, although it was difficult to tell because some were dressed in shirts and jeans [or shorts]. The bar also had some cute, twinky waiters, who supposedly were available from about 11:30 pm or whenever their shifts had ended [it was not clear to me when their shifts would end...].

I talked with a manager a bit and discussed several guys. Some of the most handsome guys were NOT Thai; they were from Cambodia, Myanmar, or Vietnam. [Are they allowed to work legally in such bars??]

The show featured a gorgeous light-skinned Black [or mixed race] dancer who spoke English with an American accent and who probably had training in classical ballet. He did a risque dance and comedy routine to the delight of several female customers who tipped him with 100 baht garlands. Several women or transgender customers had reserved seats upfront and invited guys to join them for a drink -- and some gropes. I saw several of these ladies off guys; several Asian men also offed guys.

I found some of the guys to be very handsome, especially the guys from SE Asia.

I foolishly offed one and went back to my hotel with him. This was a terrible mistake. The manager had suggested a tip of 2,000 for two hours. However, after about 30 minutes of massage and play, the guy demanded a quick finish or at least 5,000 baht to continue for several hours. He became aggressive and belligerent. This was the only time in many trips to Thailand where I felt in physical danger, and almost called the hotel security to get rid of him.

But to avoid a scene and a lot of trouble, I gave him a 1,000 tip and asked him to leave, which he did....

I complained to the manager about the guy the next night I went to Jupiter. The manager just smiled and told me that he could recommend a nice Thai guy to me.

Bottom line and recommendation: Do take a look at Jupiter 2018, but be careful in regard to offing the guys.

What has been the experience of other forum members with offing the guys at Jupiter? Perhaps I just had bad luck with a guy who was in a bad mood.....

P.S.: [Am I allowed to indicate the number and nationality of the guy that caused all the trouble? He is certainly good looking and has an almost perfect, athletic body. }

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Blacktouch (February 10th, 2018), paborn (July 28th, 2018)

Liked: 1

Re: Jupiter 2018 Bar on Soi 4

I am curious. In fact so curious that I had to register the forum to post. Is he #43?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I am curious. In fact so curious that I had to register the forum to post. Is he #43?

Werner, did you not agree on terms and the price (Tip) before you left with the boy himself?

Making these arrangements avoids any such problems after in my book.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    What has been the experience of other forum members with offing the guys at Jupiter? Perhaps I just had bad luck with a guy who was in a bad mood.....
    Jupiter has never appealed to me (fully dressed boys alone is a reason not to go), so my number of visits is very low (in 9 years of coming to Thailand, 2 visits in the old location and 1 in the new?), and I have never offed someone from there. However, reports about attitude and poor performance are legion. If I remember correctly, firecat69 on gaythailand reported years ago he had offed 5 boys (separately) and none of them was any good.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (February 11th, 2018), paborn (July 28th, 2018)

Liked

If I were paid to enter a so called "gay" bar that has women customers I would not go in.
    Wandered in after dining in the local restaurants my arse; these women, bored in their marriage, know exactly where to go after dinner or know were to sneak back to when hubby is asleep- bars such as this.
    Gays will lose everytime with the straight boys if there are women in the bar.
    The owners are in business but I will vote with my cash ie they can have their females but they will never get a satang from me.

8. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (July 28th, 2018)

Liked

I agree - I don't see the attraction in offing str8 boys at all - I could see the attraction and feeling of accomplishment if you successfully seduced one, but let's face it you're just buying him for a short or long time so.... meh

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    If I were paid to enter a so called "gay" bar that has women customers I would not go in.
    It's a matter of attitude - there's nothing that states that boy bars must be for men only, nor that girl bars are also for men only. Straight women have always attended the larger boy bars, and lesbians go to the girl bars. There was a fashion some years ago when Boys Bangkok was across the street from where it is now for Japanese girls to go and choose a boy to take them dancing - real dancing not horizontal jogging. Perhaps that still happens. My guess is that FarangRuMak is just embarassed about his sexual preference

11. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (February 11th, 2018)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    That sounds an unlikely eventuality so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

Liked

Blimey werner! What a dreadful experience. I suppose, looking on the positive side, you were lucky to get away unscathed. And the manager's reaction wasn't exactly best practice out of the "Dealing with Customer's Complaints" manual. I recall being involved in a broadly similar experience up in Chiang Mai many years ago. The sudden fear of being at risk of attack, when you paid good money for exactly the opposite is quite terrifying.

I have not yet been to Jupiter 2018 in its new location in Silom, Soi 4, but have been thinking of paying it a visit after reading previous reports. But although I have not visited the new location, I did visit the old location several times. I am not really sure how many times I off’d a boy from the old Jupiter Bar. I can think of only one occasion. Once we left the bar, the boy did seem to have a very unpleasant attitude. There was no rapport or friendliness between the boy and myself in the taxi, despite me trying to make some small talk and attempting, but failing to cosy up to him. It must have been over 10 years ago, because we were heading back to the Pinnacle Hotel on Soi Ngam Duphli, in Sathorn, not my condo.

As we were passing Lumpinee Park on Rama IV Road, the atmosphere got so bad that I almost asked the taxi driver to stop and order the boy to get out. Instead, I asked him directly if he was ok and was he sure that he wanted to go to the hotel with me. In reply, he said he was ok and he confirmed he still wanted to go to my hotel.

Back in the room, while the boy was in the shower, I thought, let’s just get this over with quickly and put the night down to a, thankfully, rare bad experience. However, once we were both in bed, things rapidly changed. The boy was very responsive and behaved just like any other pleasant money boy I had taken back to my hotel. Thankfully, we both had the sought after happy ending. He really surprised me and I ended up enjoying that part of our encounter. But I felt a great sense of relief as he left, it could have ended badly. He was one guy I certainly did not wish to have a repeat performance with.

No doubt around that time, or in subsequent years, I read of others bad experiences at the old Jupiter and, after my own experience; I never again off’d a boy from that bar.

Presumably, the boys stand in the bar night after night to earn the large amount of cash that comes with going with a punter, rather than the few hundred Baht they earn from the bar. So why then do the Jupiter Bar boys have such a bad attitude and why fail to perform, as in werner’s case, once at the customer’s room? It’s hardly a recipe for success in the oldest profession, is it?

14. User who gave Like to post:

werner (February 11th, 2018)

Liked

The bars are boy bars, not gay bars.

Gays might be the target market, but all are allowed.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

16. User who gave Like to post:

werner (February 11th, 2018)