Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jomtien/Dongtan Beach Improvements

Liked

Jomtien/Dongtan Beach Improvements

Nobody seems to have mentioned going to the beach lately. I stumbled upon a couple of recent YouTube videos that seem to indicate the reconstruction is just about finished. I have to say it looks nice, except it seems a shame that the paved area is wider than the sand area, or almost. It seems to show that the gay area has moved further north, near Rabbit Resort or beyond. Is that true? I always patronized Niyom's Place, which was next to Ritt's, which a lot of posters here seemed to favor. I don't see either of them in the videos, but neither video was trying to show the concessions in particular. Does anyone know if Niyom's is still around, and if so where? What do any of you think of the renovations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFFUOvnOXNM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7DP1hXRRHE

There's also this video, which says specifically that "Rainbow Beach" has moved north: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Hhog7mpSw

2. User who gave Like to post:

Robby (February 8th, 2018)

Liked

Re: Jomtien/Dongtan Beach Improvements

A few recent pictures on a brilliant day. The numerous palm trees in front of the car park are providing shade to beach goers not using the chair concessions. On the whole the place looked neat.
    Smokers have at their disposal sand filled bins attached to the palm trunks.
    Rits concession was still at the usual place, unless the sands have shifted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. 6 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 9th, 2018), christianpfc (February 10th, 2018), poshglasgow (February 9th, 2018), scottish-guy (February 8th, 2018), TaoR (February 9th, 2018), TrumplesOz (February 9th, 2018)

Liked

Thanks for brightening up a bittely cold and grey day at home Dinagram

Liked

I was at Dongtan beach three weeks ago. The improvements look well. I was in the section in front of Tui's Place.
    I thought the gay area was less well defined than previously. There were no rainbow flags for example. There were also some straight couples amongst the usual patrons.
    Just an impression from a single visit. Not saying Dongtan is going straight just yet!
    I took this photo further back towards the Jomtien end.

20180111_121847.jpg

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 9th, 2018), Patanawet (February 12th, 2018)

Liked

I walked along most of the beach a couple of weeks ago and if I passed a gay area it wasn’t obvious. The photo is near the beginning of the beach after turning right off the bus but I walked a lot further and had a swim in an area with no sunbeds/umbrellas etc.

9. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 9th, 2018)

Liked

It's been a long time since the gay beach has been exclusively gay. We are all just one big happy family now. There is still the odd rainbow flag, section 24 has one I think.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Kenny (February 9th, 2018)

Liked

Anywhere from the start of Dongton beach by the Police Office all the way down can be classed as "gay beach"?

There are gay customers all along the whole section of that beach. But more so from Vender 16 Maybe?

Liked

The real gay beach now is section 24-25 (Rainbow beach). They have a couple of rainbow flags (with a big one on the front line) and 99% of patrons a gay.

Liked

It's a big road that doesn't go anywhere. All is not finished here. Prepare for more development.

15. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (February 12th, 2018)

Liked

The gay area has been split by the open area. I don't know who are the people operating around the gay flag concessions in front of the Rabbit resort. The concessions that I previously used are now close to where the bathroom building is. I forgot her name, but my regular chair is at concession 17 now, I think