FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emirates to fly from Stansted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Emirates to fly from Stansted

Emirates are starting a new service from Stansted to Dubai in June. This is fantastic news for those of us who live in East Anglia, East London etc.
    No more Heathrow, no more M25, no more tube right the way across London.
    Will be worth the change in Dubai.
    Let’s hope it’s a success!

Liked

Re: Emirates to fly from Stansted

Most people will not understand how living in "East Anglia, East London etc" with access to that City's excellent direct express rail services (some taking just 15 minutes) to a choice of no less than FIVE airports which between them offer non-stop flights all over the world, can be in any way moaned about.

As Harold MacMillan said "You've never had it so good". Arsenal will remember that, he was in his twenties

3. User who gave Like to post:

goji (February 10th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Most people will not understand how living in "East Anglia, East London etc" with access to that City's excellent direct express rail services (some taking just 15 minutes) to a choice of no less than FIVE airports which between them offer non-stop flights all over the world, can be in any way moaned about.
    This is about flying to Thailand. You cannot fly direct to Thailand from any of the 5 so called London Airports, except Heathrow.

Af for the 15 minute train journey....well you’ve forgotten the hours it can take to get into
    London to start said journey.

Why not keep personal beefs to PMs or I will be forced to press my little red triangle and inform the moderators....ah scratch that.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    This is about flying to Thailand. You cannot fly direct to Thailand from any of the 5 so called London Airports, except Heathrow.
    I said you can fly direct all over the world from London which has 5 airports - that includes Thailand (yes, from LHR) which is a 15 minute express train ride from central London - If I want a direct flight I'd have to travel almost 500 miles for it - you have a practical option I don't have - so why are you moaning?

As for the 15 minute train journey....well you’ve forgotten the hours it can take to get into London to start said journey...
    You're suggesting it takes hours to get from East London (you cited it) to Paddington? East Anglia I accept has poor links ( I spent 2 weeks in Ipswich once) but in the scheme of things no worse than other parts of the country and a lot better than many. Again I'd have to travel 5 hours to get a direct flight to Thailand and from say Aberdeen someone would have to travel 9 hours. I really don't think people in the SE of England have a valid complaint about transport links - Govt money is no object when it comes to throwing it at London infrastructure and transport links.

Having said all that I welcome the Emirates flight from Stansted though it makes no difference to me whatsoever

Liked

I suspect that over the next few years we'll see lots more airlines offering flights to far flung places from regional airports. The Boeing Dreamliner was designed with exactly that in mind.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I suspect that over the next few years we'll see lots more airlines offering flights to far flung places from regional airports. The Boeing Dreamliner was designed with exactly that in mind.
    For me the Dreamliner (Certainly Qatar's fit out) is the worst plane I have been on since I started flying long distance...

Cramped seats, narrow aisles, even narrower plastic armrests, gigantic in flight entertainment system taking up 40% of the available legroom, when the person in front reclines their seat it is practically touching your nose!

The worst part is those stupid dimmable window shades, when flying on a day flight they may stop the suns glare, but they do not stop the Middle Eastern heat, similarly on a cold night flight they provide no thermal insulation.
    Overall a bad, bad plane!

Thankfully emirates have none of these so I will be sticking to their relatively roomy 777s and very roomy A380s from now on!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

scottish-guy was born an asshole and will die an asshole.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by marti View Post
    Ah marti, you're back, and still the charmer you always were

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by marti View Post
    It beats being what drops out of one my dear

Liked

Used to fly through Stansted several times a month back in the late nineties. It was a wonderful airport until it got taken over by the RyanScare hoards. Now avoid like the plague.

Flying direct to Thailand is not always the best solution. National carriers (e.g. Bloody Awful BA) charge a hefty premium for direct passengers departing from their country (At least, for business class fares). Route via another European hub and the fares can be half as much, especially if you don't live near London and have to fly from a regional airport anyway.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]