List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre-paid debit / credit VISA cards in Thailand?

Liked

Pre-paid debit / credit VISA cards in Thailand?

Do these even exist in Thailand? I have a $250 USD bill that I desperately need paid, and can't get it paid. I have a drawer full of cash, but no way to turn that into an online payment. Leo has a Laos bank account, but no bank card associated with it.

Asked my parents twice, and nope. Asked my farang neighbor, and nope. Sent Leo to Western Union to pay the bill, and nope -- can't send money to a company name for some reason, and only a personal name.

It's imperative I get this bill paid asap. Does anyone have info on prepaid credit / debit cards in Thailand? Are they even available?

Banned
    Liked

Re: Pre-paid debit / credit VISA cards in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Do these even exist in Thailand? I have a $250 USD bill that I desperately need paid, and can't get it paid. I have a drawer full of cash, but no way to turn that into an online payment. Leo has a Laos bank account, but no bank card associated with it.
    And they don't take Bitcoin? How sad! Have you thought of asking them for their bank details so you can wire the payment?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    And they don't take Bitcoin? How sad! Have you thought of asking them for their bank details so you can wire the payment?

Actually, they do take bitcoin which is one main reason I'm with them. My server is currently suspended though, so I'm locked out of my bitcoin at the moment, as my "wallet" is on my server.

Send a wire transfer how? Neither Leo or myself have a Thai bank account, nor are we capable of getting one. I can't because I'm illegal, and Leo can't because he doesn't have a work permid (we've tried, multiple banks).

I've been trying for like 4 days to get this fucken bill paid with no success.

Does anyone here by chance have both, a PayPal and Thai bank account? Make a PayPal payment for me, and we'll have the money in your Thai bank account within the hour. I have lots of cash, but just no way to send a payment online at the moment. If you can help, please send me a PM, as it'd help more than you think.

My only other avenue at the moment is sending Leo back to Laos, and have him send a wire transfer from his Laos bank account. We\re finally getting along good again though, and are strong again, so I'd very much prefer he doesn't leave right now.

Liked

Why not pay the bill using your Canadian bank account?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    Why not pay the bill using your Canadian bank account?

Because when I called to get my debit card reissued I ended up with a branky bitch on the phone, who said she can't verify me over the phone. She then proceeded to freeze my account, and tell me I need to visit the nearest branch in person in order to have my account unfrozen. That would be fine, except the Pacific fucken Ocean happens to be in the way.

Liked

Oh that's the kind of script-reading customer service I get too - except he usually has a Bangladeshi accent, tells me his name is Ryan, and thanks me for calling "the most excellent customer service yes please"

Liked

??? I haven't been to this forum for awhile. But isn't Leo a Thai national? Doesn't he have Thai friends/family who can help?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Davey612 View Post
    ??? I haven't been to this forum for awhile. But isn't Leo a Thai national? Doesn't he have Thai friends/family who can help?

No, he's a Laos citizen, hence why he can't open a bank account -- all the banks require him to have a work permit before opening an account for him. Nobody is his family has anything such as a PayPal account, and I'm not even willing to ask my own mother to put in her credit card details, so definitely not asking Leo's family.

I'm trying my nephews tonight, and hopefully one of them can help. Otherwise, Leo does have a bank account in Laos, so he may just have to go back tomorrow morning to send a wire transfer for me. He doesn't have a debit card for that account though, which was at my instruction. I don't want him to have a card for that account, because then he'll just spend the money.

I don't want him to go back to Laos right now though. After his little stunt, we're finally getting on really good again. I'd prefer we stay together, and keep pushing forward and being strong together.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Actually, they do take bitcoin which is one main reason I'm with them. My server is currently suspended though, so I'm locked out of my bitcoin at the moment, as my "wallet" is on my server.

Send a wire transfer how? Neither Leo or myself have a Thai bank account, nor are we capable of getting one. I can't because I'm illegal, and Leo can't because he doesn't have a work permid (we've tried, multiple banks).

I've been trying for like 4 days to get this fucken bill paid with no success.

Does anyone here by chance have both, a PayPal and Thai bank account? Make a PayPal payment for me, and we'll have the money in your Thai bank account within the hour. I have lots of cash, but just no way to send a payment online at the moment. If you can help, please send me a PM, as it'd help more than you think.

My only other avenue at the moment is sending Leo back to Laos, and have him send a wire transfer from his Laos bank account. We\re finally getting along good again though, and are strong again, so I'd very much prefer he doesn't leave right now.
    You'll appreciate my inability to stop laughing

Liked

Mr Giggles is unable to stop laughing. Good. Well done Matt. He needs a chuckle.