Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Accommodation Tukcom/Sunnee area

Liked

Re: Accommodation Tukcom/Sunnee area

Quote Originally Posted by DrewSpz View Post
    Marina Inn Sucks... IMHO (though i realize we all have different priorities/ perspectives). But can't beat the location of course, especially if you're into Sunee, which I am. I prefer it a little more low key.
    My first time to Pattaya, I stayed in Marine Inn Plaza. I found it very uncomfortable. The rooms were very basic.

The pool was not functional at that time.
    But the rooms were cheap to rent. You pay for what you get. Now, whenever I'm in Pattaya I stay at Mosaik.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    My first time to Pattaya, I stayed in Marine Inn Plaza. I found it very uncomfortable. The rooms were very basic.

The pool was not functional at that time.
    But the rooms were cheap to rent. You pay for what you get. Now, whenever I'm in Pattaya I stay at Mosaik.
    I plan a trip to Pattaya this summer. The exact itinerary is up in the air but I hope to spend at least 2 weeks in Pattaya.
    In the past I have stayed at two guys but the option is no longer available.

4 Years ago I stayed at the Marine Inn Plaza. The location is great and if you get a room on the Yensabai side it is reasonably quite. The rooms are ....hmmm..I am trying to be kind... in need of upgrading. Has the Marine Inn Plaza been doing any upgrading? Or are the rooms still the same?

Has anyone stayed at Ting Tong recently? I looked on their website and they list rooms for 800 baht a night. I was wondering if they have low season pricing?
    As an aside..I remember when it was the Galapagos guesthouse. The old German (Swiss?) guy who ran the place was generally in a befuddled state and for me it was a good location as it was at the quiet end of sunee.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Liked

Yes, The Galapagos Guesthouse complete with a huge snapping turtle in a glass tank.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    I plan a trip to Pattaya this summer. The exact itinerary is up in the air but I hope to spend at least 2 weeks in Pattaya.
    In the past I have stayed at two guys but the option is no longer available.

4 Years ago I stayed at the Marine Inn Plaza. The location is great and if you get a room on the Yensabai side it is reasonably quite. The rooms are ....hmmm..I am trying to be kind... in need of upgrading. Has the Marine Inn Plaza been doing any upgrading? Or are the rooms still the same?
    Kittyboy, I think you will find Marine Inn Plaza has not been upgraded? The building looks the same. I look up at the windows and they are the same as when I last stayed there. Of course, the pool is the only thing that has been refurbished. Unless anybody can confirm otherwise?

Marine Inn is good if you are on a budget, and don't mind basic accommodation.

I found the rooms that depressing, I could not wait to leave.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    Kittyboy, I think you will find Marine Inn Plaza has not been upgraded? The building looks the same. I look up at the windows and they are the same as when I last stayed there. Of course, the pool is the only thing that has been refurbished. Unless anybody can confirm otherwise?

Marine Inn is good if you are on a budget, and don't mind basic accommodation.

I found the rooms that depressing, I could not wait to leave.
    Thanks..That was my experience. It was sort of depressing. It was good fun walking out of a room and heading down to the pool and lounging about. I was with some friends so it was a festive trip but the accommodations ala the Marine Inn were depressing.

I will not be in Pattaya long enough to warrant renting a room in Yensabai..or am I wrong in assuming that Yensabai is more of a long term accommodation??

I tend to be on the thrifty side..600-800 baht a night for a basic room is all I need.

Liked

[Quote:

"I will not be in Pattaya long enough to warrant renting a room in Yensabai..or am I wrong in assuming that Yensabai is more of a long term accommodation?? "

They are probably more geared to long time, but I think they are perfectly willing to rent for a shorter period, if they have vacancies. The Pattaya Rent a Room website says so explicitly, and they post daily rates, which are exactly in your price range. Check it out. P.S. They have a very nice pool.

Liked

I used Pattaya Rent a Room for my recent trip - 13 nights at Yensabai for €270. Good value, I thought. Nothing basic about the accommodation.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    I used Pattaya Rent a Room for my recent trip - 13 nights at Yensabai for €270. Good value, I thought. Nothing basic about the accommodation.
    Hey - I had thought about staying at Yensabai. I looked at their website..or some website associated with Yensabai and the daily rental prices was something like 1000 baht a night. My thinking was for 1000 baht a night I could get a decent hotel. Also as I recall, friends who stay there long term pay 10,000-12,000 baht a month which is only 300-400 baht a night. I realize that long term resident pay for electricity etc... but I guess I am suffering from the anchoring of my mind that I know people who pay 300 baht a night for Yensabai..why would I pay 1000 baht a night.

Joe - How did you book your stay at Yensabai?

Liked

Rooms in Marina Inn during my last stay (two weeks ago) were as I remember them from the stay before (some years ago).

Liked

I booked through Pattaya Rent a Room. Their office is just across the street from Yensabai. Rudi is the guy, very helpful.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.