List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Golden Banana Hotel & Sauna closed??

Liked

Is the Golden Banana Hotel & Sauna closed??

I am going to Siem Reap next week, and read online that it's closed. Anyone have information about it being open or closed? I wanted to check out the sauna there. The Facebook page is down, but the website seems to be up.

Liked

Re: Is the Golden Banana Hotel & Sauna closed??

Hi,
    Golden banana hotel is still open, but the gay friendly part of the Golden Banana group rebranded as Rambutan a couple of years ago. Neither GB or Rambutan have a sauna, maybe you are thinking about Men's Resort?
    Cheers

Liked

Paulo15 you are clearly not uptodate. Part of the property was split off and rebranded as Rambutan. Rambutanis a lovely hotel and gay owned and gay friendly but lots of families and kids stay there. The remaining Golden Banana was divided into two parts last with one section being entirely gay for men only and with a sauna. I have not visited. Website is www.golden-banana-for-men.com

Liked

Hi, thanks for the update. You are correct I am not up to date as I stay at Rambutan and was last there in 2017 when I thought the GB was just operating as normal, ie very mixed, younger travellers guest house. I see it rebranded as a Men only gay hotel in September 17, so absolutely no experience with it other than saying the location is good.
    Cheers

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    Paulo15 you are clearly not uptodate. Part of the property was split off and rebranded as Rambutan. Rambutanis a lovely hotel and gay owned and gay friendly but lots of families and kids stay there. The remaining Golden Banana was divided into two parts last with one section being entirely gay for men only and with a sauna. I have not visited. Website is www.golden-banana-for-men.com
    Website-link is out of order now.
    In TH most of those low-key places now use fb for ads too, but as I dont have it nor would want it, others may try to find out.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    website comes up as "account suspended"

Liked

' Rambutan is a lovely hotel '

Has it had a refit then?

I stayed there three years ago (I think) and was not greatly impressed - my room was not mosquito proof, and the stairs were deadly if you've had a drink. Friendly enough, but little to suggest it being a 'gay' venue, and no available talent anywhere nearby..

Liked

Rambutan is a delight - never had an issue with mosquitoes in the rooms. I agree that the stairs are steep but I normally choose one of the deluxe rooftop villas where the living and sleeping accommodation is at ground floor level albeit the rooftop balcony in up steep stairs. Plenty of talent within short walking distance in the heart of Siem Reap which is more than can be said for the numerous large package tour hotels located along the road leading to Angkor Wat. If you are now too frail for a 5 to 10 minute walk, you can fire up your cellphone and go onto the apps and let them come to you.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    ... no available talent anywhere nearby..
    Rather a showstopper

Liked

Dream Boys is just a five minute $2 Tuktuk ride away. It opens at 16:00 with a Happy Hour beer at $1 until 18:00 I believe. There are plenty of barboys there and I always end up with a table full as at $1 a beer I can afford to buy for all. If you want a massage they offer that as well. The show is at 22:00 each night. $20 off fee. $30 short time. Rambutan allows guests with proper ID. Yes I wish that Linga Bar was still open but there is also Bar Code Bar which some free lancers visit. They also have a show at 21:00 nightly. Finally as others have said Grindr has a good amount of talent.

11. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (August 13th, 2018), goji (August 17th, 2018), paborn (August 16th, 2018), splinter1949 (August 13th, 2018)