Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Le Cafe Royal and the prospects for Boyztown

Liked

Re: Le Cafe Royal and the prospects for Boyztown

Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    Beside boys, a weather that allows wearing flip-flops all year round is one main reason why I spend so much time in Thailand.

An interesting aside on 'reasons to live in Thailand' ... what was the title of this thread anyway?
    After reading the above quote from our board Resident Eccentric I completely agree with his take on footwear in Thailand.
    I leave to others the part regarding "beside boys": most members here know I'm a long-termer closing mercilessly in on 20 years now, but the observation on sandals/flipflops/socks definitely resonates.
    Looking at our shoe rack one would find at least six pairs each just in sandals. Plus he wears cheap flip flops: he can handle that nasty little piece of rubber/cloth/leather which resides hatefully between big toe and it's next door neighbour but I just end up with the very least a nasty rash and often a bleedingly raw blister. I hate those things!
    The best flip flops are those which are divested of that little guillotine ... the absolute best are made by Adidas, expensive but I've had one pair which has lasted eight years and still hanging in there. I have four more of the same, of different hues for different moods . . . the black pair I use for funerals.
    All those are glued to my feet day in and day out. The comfort quotient is exquisite, and that's from day one. https://www.adidas.com/us/duramo-slide/G15890.html

I have lots of socks in a draw somehere in the house, never used.

I have only one pair of leather shoes, and even they are worn without socks ... so soft and old and pliable that my feet slip into them as cleanly and comfortably as an ex gogo boy's well-lubed bubble butt.
    The absolute best leather shoes to wear in Thailand -- if you really must! -- is the Sperry boat shoe. It's all you'll ever need.
    https://www.sperry.com/CA/en_CA/auth...-shoes&start=1
    Last edited by Smiles; May 14th, 2018 at 00:06.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 14th, 2018), GWMinUS (May 15th, 2018), Kenny (May 14th, 2018), paborn (May 14th, 2018)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Pissing in the sink is so convenient, just open your zipper, no need to pull down your trousers or to sit down. Saves a lot of time and effort.
    In order to pee most men don't usually need to sit down or pull their trousers down. This seems a very poor excuse. I think it's fairly disgusting to do that unless in extremis.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Halfhansum (May 14th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post

You are right, I mentioned this twice. Pissing in the sink is so convenient, just open your zipper, no need to pull down your trousers or to sit down. Saves a lot of time and effort. Just like flip-flops save a lot of time and effort .
    Please explain how pissing in the hotel sink saves time. It takes seconds to walk to the toilet and piss there plus there is no need to clean the sink before you wash your face or clean your teeth in it....er, you do clean it afterwards dont you... dont you??

6. User who gave Like to post:

Halfhansum (May 14th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Somehow I fear we all already know the answer to that one perhaps :-(.

8. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (May 14th, 2018)

Liked

I am much more comfortable discussing the pros and cons of types of footwear one should or should not wear in Thailand. A sly movement into pissing, or not pissing into a bar's washup sinks is a segue beyond the pale.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    ...no need to clean the sink before you wash your face or clean your teeth in it....
    Notwithstanding the etiquette around peeing in the sink, you're completely overlooking the fact that SGT members generally clean their teeth overnight in a glass

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (May 14th, 2018), rexton (May 15th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    The best flip flops are those which are divested of that little guillotine ... the absolute best are made by Adidas, expensive but I've had one pair which has lasted eight years and still hanging in there. I have four more of the same, of different hues for different moods . . . the black pair I use for funerals.
    All those are glued to my feet day in and day out. The comfort quotient is exquisite, and that's from day one. https://www.adidas.com/us/duramo-slide/G15890.html
    Thanks for that Smiles, I just ordered a pair

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    In order to pee most men don't usually need to sit down or pull their trousers down. This seems a very poor excuse. I think it's fairly disgusting to do that unless in extremis.
    I woukld also add that the tolite is next to the sink - is it that far out oif the way?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    An interesting aside on 'reasons to live in Thailand' ... what was the title of this thread anyway?
    After reading the above quote from our board Resident Eccentric I completely agree with his take on footwear in Thailand.
    I leave to others the part regarding "beside boys": most members here know I'm a long-termer closing mercilessly in on 20 years now, but the observation on sandals/flipflops/socks definitely resonates.
    Looking at our shoe rack one would find at least six pairs each just in sandals. Plus he wears cheap flip flops: he can handle that nasty little piece of rubber/cloth/leather which resides hatefully between big toe and it's next door neighbour but I just end up with the very least a nasty rash and often a bleedingly raw blister. I hate those things!

I have lots of socks in a draw somehere in the house, never used.

I have only one pair of leather shoes, and even they are worn without socks ... so soft and old and pliable that my feet slip into them as cleanly and comfortably as an ex gogo boy's well-lubed bubble butt.
    The absolute best leather shoes to wear in Thailand -- if you really must! -- is the Sperry boat shoe. It's all you'll ever need.
    https://www.sperry.com/CA/en_CA/auth...-shoes&start=1
    Just ordered a apir - thanks!

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

I'm buying shares in Sperry as soon as the markets open. Once the fashion icons who post here start wearing these shoes, the world en masse will surely follow.