Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Le Cafe Royal and the prospects for Boyztown

Liked

Le Cafe Royal and the prospects for Boyztown

Is there any news as to what is to become of the Le Cafe Royal premises? the soi was livelier than I expected (Casro seemed to be doing particularly well) but the darkened Cafe Royal was not helpful. Boyztown needs a new business on the site.

Liked

Re: Le Cafe Royal and he prospects for Boyztown

When I was there three weeks ago, the receptionist in Ambiance told me that the whole Boystown soi would be renovated after they finished renovating the soi next to Boystown where the Irish pub is. Have they started doing it yet? And if so, is it still possible to visit the bars there? When I was there in December/early January, it was very difficult walking in the area, and no taxi could actually enter Boystown.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

They are still working on the Soi next to Boyztown. No work in Boyztown as yet. It is not possible to get a Taxi into the Boyztown Soi as it is one way and access is via the Soi currently dug up.

If they really are going to do the Boyztown Soi that will have an enormous effect on any business there while they are doing it. The disruption to access in the other Sois has to be seen to be believed.

I say if they are really are going to do Boyztown because this is the first anyone has mentioned it here, or any of the other gay Pattaya forums as far as I know. Also the road surfaces in the other two Sois had got to the stage of collapse, whereas Boyztown Soi is actually in good order. Whether that has anyhting to do with installing new drainage I have no idea.

So in summary,all normal at the moment, except no taxi access during the day. At night it is walking only anyway.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by karius View Post
    .. no taxi could actually enter Boystown.
    Not exactly a hardship though?

Unless one is a paraplegic, why would a taxi be necessary to reach any venue in BT - from Beach Rd at one end or the main road at the other it's literally a 3 minute sashay from beginning to end

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

If arriving laden down with your suitcases for a stay in one of the hotels, it might be irksome to be dropped off at the main road.

I'd like to see someone try to sashay with my baggage!

Liked

Is "baggage" a euphemism for your arse?

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (February 1st, 2018), Dax (February 5th, 2018), poshglasgow (February 3rd, 2018)

Liked

Give your driver the phone number of the hotel and have him call and they will send a guy out to the main street to collect you and your bags!

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (February 1st, 2018), poshglasgow (February 3rd, 2018)

Liked

Brad wrote.
    " If arriving laden down with your suitcases for a stay in one of the hotels, it might be irksome to be dropped off at the main road."

If a car can't get down the road due to the building work then it's going to be noisy and so someone who is naturally disposed to irritability should probably choose another hotel.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (February 1st, 2018)

Liked

I'm genuinely interested in what's going to happen to the darkened premises at the entrance to BT. It's an eye-sore and discourages visitors. Does anyone know? The same thing happened in Sunee when Krazy Dragon and Krazy Pub closed, leaving half of the soi in darkness;....it has never recovered.

13. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 1st, 2018)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    If a car can't get down the road due to the building work then it's going to be noisy and so someone who is naturally disposed to irritability should probably choose another hotel.
    Good point. For myself I've never stayed in Boyztown and I'm unlikely to start in this circumstance.

When I used to visit Pattaya regularly twenty plus years ago I always stayed at the Nautical Inn(no sailors sadly). Small hotel, simple clean rooms and a pool, and despite the location it is very quiet. I see it still exists.