Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TM6 Arrival-departure card

Liked

TM6 Arrival-departure card

Can any of our recently arrived members at Suvarnabhumi Airport advise if there is a new version of the 30 day TM6 Arrival-Departure card since October 2017?

I always take an extra one (from usually KLM/AF) when they hand them out before landing at Bkk to have spare one in advance of the next trip so I can make it out at home and put in with other travel documents as not to have to bother faffing about with it on the flight just before landing or in the terminal. So the one I have is the 'old' one which has been used for the last number of years. There was word of updating it to a new version.

Liked

Re: TM6 Arrival-departure card

When I arrived in BKK on 9 January, it was the same card as before.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

I think the TM card depends on the arrival airline
    I arrived with Qatar on Dec 29th and was given the old one
    My mate was travelling Emirates, but ended up being sent to Jakarta instead of BKK (long story!)
    When he eventually arrived to BKK with Garuda on Dec 24th he was given the new card.
    So I suppose as the airlines use their old supply of cards they will start to roll out the new one
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

I arrived on the 21st inst (Abu Dhaibi/BKK) and was given one that was new to me;
    A single card, maybe slightly longer than before but the 'Departure' section was perforated & thus detatchable.
    Two new details required - Email address & Telephone number.
    Same questions re. income etc. on the back as before.

Liked

I had a new version of the card on both arrivals in Thailand last month.

BEWARE, they rather illogically have the departure card first, so it's quite easy to fill it in on autopilot and put your arrival flight number in the departure box.
    Thankfully they don't seem to mind if you just cross it out and put the correct departure flight in.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    I arrived on the 21st inst (Abu Dhaibi/BKK) and was given one that was new to me;
    A single card, maybe slightly longer than before but the 'Departure' section was perforated & thus detatchable.

I cant see what good the phone number is , unless its the hotel number where you are staying , I don't have a mobile number , until I buy a new sim card after I have cleared customs

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    At the Immigration Desk they have no way of verifying either an email address (and whether it is actually yours) or whether the mobile number you give is actually yours. Write down any email address and mobile number that comes to mind

Scepticism - "At the Immigration Desk they have no way of verifying an email address"
    Cynicism - So, "write down any email address and mobile number that comes to mind"

8. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (February 2nd, 2018)

Liked

Can I write down john.doe@fuckyou.com?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Can I write down john.doe@fuckyou.com?
    As you're a well-known illegal immigrant who is shortly to be banned from entering Thailand the question is purely academic. You should also learn the difference between "can" and "should"

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

jimnbkk (January 30th, 2018), neddy3 (January 27th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Can any of our recently arrived members at Suvarnabhumi Airport advise if there is a new version of the 30 day TM6 Arrival-Departure card since October 2017 . . .
    Not sure what the TM6 form was like in October 2017, newalaan2, but if it was the same long (19cm) two forms used back in October/November 2016, when I arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport, and which had not changed for years, then the TM6 had indeed changed when I arrived in Bangkok on Saturday, 13 January 2018.

When given the form on the airplane, I always keep a pen and a piece of paper in my cargo pants pockets, with my passport number, flight number and any other details I cannot immediately remember, to enable me to quickly complete the form.

I am happy to say the departure card portion, which is retained in your passport, is now only 9cm long and can be easily stapled to a page in your passport without having to fold it.

13. User who gave Like to post:

francois (January 27th, 2018)