Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To clarify for you Smileykins.

Liked

To clarify for you Smileykins.

To clarify for you Smileykins. The hat trick you scored was not for derailing a pleasant and enjoyable thread, although you did do that so well done to you. It was for insulting another member. Now, I realise that as a former owner you think you should be allowed to just drop in anywhere you choose and post anything you like about anyone at all but it's not your house anymore so perhaps you could wipe your feet before you come in. Slim chance I know.

Liked

Re: Travel and accommodation

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    To clarify for you Smileykins. The hat trick you scored was not for derailing a pleasant and enjoyable thread, although you did do that so well done to you. It was for insulting another member.
    Correct

smi.gif
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

The post below is entirely the opinion of Arsenal the poster and not the moderator, nor have I discussed this with anyone else.

And Smiles, since we're on the subject precisely because you want to bring it up in every single post I'll tell you something else. Who are the losers in the fallout from this. Me, well no because my popularity here could hardly be any lower and it is of zero importance. You, well no because 3 or 6 points is of equal zero importance because it's not a driving license or anything real. Moses, well no because he's simply got much bigger fish to fry. No, the losers are those members who lose no opportunity to charge en masse at Moses or the mods whenever anything like this happens. To date I believe there have been four of these shitfests and it's always the same members who do the charging. You, rather slyly slid away quietly when the going got savage I noticed,.

So at some point one of two things will probably happen. * Either Moses will tire of those same members screaming the same things again and again every time any little thing happens and he will simply delete them.* In fact, if he got a few of his friends round and a good bottle of Russian vodka they could probably turn deleting the screamers into a fun but non-lethal game of Russian Roulette. Or he will tire of the whole fucking place and notice that all it does is cost money and that the benefits to Siam Roads could just as easily be served on other sites and shuts the thing down. So the losers will either be the screamers or everyone. So again I say to you, you pitched up in one of the nicest threads we've had for ages and took a bitter and spiteful shit just to please yourself so again I say well done.

*Anyone here want to seriously claim they wouldn't tire of it?*

I repeat, The post above is entirely the opinion of the poster Arsenal and not the mod and I have not discussed this matter with anyone else.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    To clarify for you Smileykins. The hat trick you scored was not for derailing a pleasant and enjoyable thread, although you did do that so well done to you. It was for insulting another member. Now, I realise that as a former owner you think you should be allowed to just drop in anywhere you choose and post anything you like about anyone at all but it's not your house anymore so perhaps you could wipe your feet before you come in. Slim chance I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    The topic is 'travel and accommodation'....so

Both wildly OFF TOPIC, and discussing the business in public of a member which should only be done privately between forum management and that member, as well as discussing moderating decisions in public is disgraceful, hypocritical and so both moses and arsenal should be awarded 3 points for each misdemeanour by one of the other mods so that's 9 points each IMHO.

But since it is so far off topic already I don't have any compunction in continuing that by saying even with some of the childish nonsense and cringe worthy posts by members of the moderating 'team' recently, arsenal has somehow managed to set a new low in using his 'position' to take petty personal revenge on a member. I thought this type of infantile, petty revenge had ended at SGT the day previous owners surfcrest and Neal, who engaged in it frequently during their tenure, left. This, as well as some other recent pronouncements by mods is embarrassing and has turned parts of this once excellent forum in to a circus....and that's a pity as so many of us use it for touching base with things Thai when not in Thailand, and it's clearly putting off many current and previous contributors from taking the time to post relevant, interesting and useful information in favour of the forum being swamped by flooders and smart arse goons dragging their drivel and 'banter' from one thread to the other compounded by inconsistent, whim based moderation.......

At one stage not long ago in the past I only needed to log on here to find out the bulk of what I wanted to know about gay Thailand, now one needs to visit Gaybutt and gay Thailand to get the full picture. Gay Thailand has consistently offered up good 'to the point' posts without multiple thread-fucks recently, and that's what SGT was always known for and excelled at in the past. Disappointing and sad state of affairs at SGT nowadays. I would never stop posting and reading here, but I have found less enthusiasm to make contributions here on the same regular basis as I used to. I know there are many others out there with that same sentiment.

5. 5 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (January 25th, 2018), francois (January 25th, 2018), Nirish guy (January 25th, 2018), scottish-guy (January 26th, 2018), Smiles (January 25th, 2018)

Liked

So Newalaan if you don't like it now and you didn't like it under Surfcrest and you didn't like it under Neal, when exactly was it that it was "once great"?

Liked

The post above from Arsenal ... i.e. the one in which he claims is purely personal rather than wrapped in Moderator's clothe ... is nothing but bullshit from first to last word.

It's apparent that you (Arsenal) are the one who's thin skin is all-encompassing, not mine. Where you dreamed up a scenario that I am declaring myself immune to getting spanked because I was once an owner of Sawatdee is in the same sophomoric league as your bullshit.
    My main point regarding this crap is that divvering up 'demerit points' for ludicrous reasons is so childish, so kindergarten, and so ridiculous that I find even the very thought of running a message board such as this one by hanging demerit points above members' heads to be at best Trumpian, and at worst Orwellian ... with a smidgen of stupidity thrown in.

Frankly, this board as it is today, i.e. run by three moderators and one Administrator who seem to have gone rogue with power, may as well pack it in for good because the way it's being run now is simply a farce. The writing on the wall started with Christian's philosophy that he could enter a member's posts at whim and edit the content, even though it was something as mundane as a spelling mistake. And now ... the deluge of over wrought and blatant power tripping.

So Arsenal et al, you can now shove my membership up your ass. I have no desire to be part of what is turning into a much worse disaster than it was under Neal (That Cunt).
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

8. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (January 26th, 2018), gerefan2 (January 26th, 2018), jfs (January 27th, 2018), scottish-guy (January 26th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Smiles I would have thought that you like a lot of the rest of us here just now post IN SPITE of the Owner / the mods - they are their general car crash power trip is just to be ignored / pitied in my opinion until such times as they wise up / sell the board / pass over to the next life or whatever or until said poopy points ( as they're a load of shit) simply rack up and then I'm auto banned, either and whichever comes first is just fine with me and I thought you should be the same as it's shame to let their dumbness succeed in doing what Neal the Cunt couldn't do - which was totally wreck the board.

Oh and Arsenal in you "here's what can happen" views above one of the likely views that you omitted was the very thing that happened with long term members telling you / Moses to stick their membership - and THAT IS a loose for BOTH parties as far aqs I can see - whether you both agree with that fact or not.

PS Moses - your infraction points just delivered - I couldn't give a fuck - knock yourself out.

10. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (January 26th, 2018)

Liked

Call their bluff as I have done - make it clear that if they suspend you then fine - but you won't be back.

I was disappointed that Sglad and Frequent sold themselves out by returning - I certainly wouldn't have.

Dunno why Christian lends his credibility to these shenanigans

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: To clarify for you Smileykins.

As I've said above I post here as I have for many years for fun and IN SPITE of the current round of owner / mod nonsense - they can boot me off anytime they wish - no big deal, meanwhile I'll continue to post as I always have - but i'll be damned if they'll change how or what I post - Neal couldn't achieve that so they most certainly wont. And as you said I'm AMAZED at the Mod's supporting Moses idiocy - but hey, up to them / him - as I've said in the bigger scheme of life it's no odds to me.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post

PS Moses - your infraction points just delivered - I couldn't give a fuck - knock yourself out.
    tell me more.jpeg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com