Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May's Urban Thai restaurant

Liked

Re: May's Urban Thai restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Talking of snotface, (a name which appeals to my schoolboy sense of humour) I should like to thank him for explaining the background to his choice of forum name. Am I correct in thinking the collection of short stories entitled; If Truth Be Told has a special connection to you, snotface?
    What a clever little Jellybean you are! The first person to positively identify me. Usual (much more boring) board name, PeterUK.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    . . . Christ! No wonder I end up with a very bad case of the shits every morning!
    Ah-ha! So that’s why you are so slim and have the body of a man half your age, a447. If I had the stomach to follow the example of your traditional Australian breakfast fare, with the aim of achieving similar results to you, I would. But, I’m afraid to say, the very thought of it makes me gag.

The only solution is, if I want to get the body of a man half my age, then I think I’ll just have to do what I normally do and that is to rent one. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    What a clever little Jellybean you are . . .
    Awwww . . . the last person to say that, snotface, was my dear, late and sadly missed mother, who used to say that while bathing me as a child. Ooops . . . I think I may have just revealed too much personal information. Lol!

Before posting my previous message at post #9, I looked amongst the few books I keep here in Bangkok, as I was convinced that I had a copy of, If Truth be Told and other Tales of Thailand. But alas, I could not find it. I must have taken it back to the UK at some point. I can however thoroughly recommend it to my fellow members and forum readers. I found it a jolly good read.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (January 26th, 2018), snotface (January 26th, 2018)

Liked

Can we get it at a bookstore somewhere in Bangkok?

If so, I'll pick up a copy.

Liked

It came out ten years ago and the only place I know which might still have a few copies is Bookzone in Thapae road, Chiang Mai. I occasionally see copies in secondhand bookshops. Or next time you're in Pattaya send me a pm and I'll be happy to give you a free copy.

Liked

Thanks.

Liked

Mr S Face. If you're going to regularly post restaurant reviews here and I really hope you do then you might like to consider changing your handle. I don't understand the software but Moses does and I'm sure something can be worked out.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (January 26th, 2018)

Liked

Jellybean, just wondering - how on earth did you make the connection between snotface and the book?

Clever indeed!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Jellybean, just wondering - how on earth did you make the connection between snotface and the book?

Clever indeed!
    Oh no a447, I don’t claim any special insight, no doubt other members worked out that snotface was formerly, PeterUK, I was just the first one to mention it in the open forum.

Snotface gave away a significant clue at post #12 on his, My first trip to Pattaya topic when he said:

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    . . . I've actually grown to quite like my new name. There's a sense of liberation after being stuck with the same boring old name for years on end. When I look closely into the mirror I seem to detect signs of incipient snottiness. But for those of you who really detest it, feel free to use my real name Peter.
    So when I considered the quality of snotface’s writing and the mention of his real name as Peter, it led me quickly to link him with PeterUK.

And I remembered PeterUK either saying, at some point in the past, he was the author or at least, alluding to the fact that he was the author of the collection of short stories entitled, If Truth be Told and other Tales of Thailand. Easy-peasy really.

Liked

In the company of Jellybean, Tony and my Thai bf, we ended up at May's Urban Thai last evening.
    Regrettably my first choice, Rin Kitchen, was closed and thus onto May's.
    As I told my dining companions I won't be back again at May's!
    Our appetizers were good however the fish in yellow curry was not to my liking as the curry was not what I expected. Also a dish of crab in yellow curry was even less attractive.
    The dining companions did seem to enjoy their chicken dish so that was a plus, for them.
    Price with drinks was about 500 TB/person. There are better choices in my opinion.

On the plus side, the restaurant decor was rustic but pleasant and the service and presentation was very good.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (February 3rd, 2018)